Regal Entertainment

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Manager Interview

Kaneohe, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in July 2010.

Interview Details – They interview in the theater and are mostly concerned with your attitude. They are looking for people that are friendly and will have a good attitude toward the customers.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Interview Details – You will have to have 3 references so make sure you have some from business and some for community. best bet is to keep in contact with a teacher or two.

Negotiation Details – when you begin you are usually at minimum wage raises are about every year

Theatre General Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring at the entry level is just like any other job. Promotion to the General Manager level is most likely to be conducted by phone due to the size of the districts assigned to each District Manager. You'll get the usual battery of questions about experience, "what would you do if," examples, etc. Fairly standard though I always got the impression that you were more determining your fit with your boss than your fit with the job. Many poorly qualified candidates have been promoted in the past.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Offered a value and any attempt at negotiation was ignored.

Fairfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Interview Details – The interview was average difficulty. They asked many behavioral questions like what would you do if a customer complained about a how awful a movie was and things of that nature. They also asked questions like how have your experiences been here at this theater? what can we do to be better? The interview was conducted by two managers that were extremely friendly and easy to talk to. I heard back from them within the week. Overall, it was a positive interview experience.

Interview Question – What can we do as a theater to be better? ie. better customer service or better tasting popcorn etc.   View Answer

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview about three days after I applied online. I was the last interview of the night and four others had gone before me. This led me to assume I would need to be on top of my game to beat the competition. However, this was not the case. Every single one of us were hired. The interview is a joke. All you have to do is use your common sense and you will nail it. My location essentially took anyone who could breathe and walk.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult in the interview,   Answer Question

Floor Staff
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days called the manager to let him know I put in an application. A week later he called and arranged an interview. I arrived at the interview and the manager was very friendly and professional, and we chatted for a bit before the actual interview started. He asked me basic interview questions "why do you want to work here, what is your greatest weakness, tell me about yourself, etc" as well as situational questions "tell me about a time when...". Afterwards he told me I had an excellent interview and offered me the job, describing the dress code and the pay. It was a very simple process, as he was looking for people that smile, take initiative and know how to handle stress. I was then given reference papers to fill out and return to him as soon as I was able, and began working within the next few days.

Interview Question – Very simple, generic interview questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts at minimum wage.

Box Office Cashier Interview

Box Office Cashier
Auburn, WA

I interviewed at Regal Entertainment in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is a snap and super easy. They are basic questions like why do you want to work here, can you work weekends at all, what if a customer got upset - what would you do. So basically any high school student that wants flexibility for school or college will get hired no doubt.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. You start at minimum wage. Good luck trying to get adequate raises. I didn't even get a raise for like 3 years.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher)
Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out the online application. If they like you, they will call you and set up an interview. At the interview, they will tell you the dress code, ask you what your favorite movie is, what is the last movie you have seen is, what do people like about you, and what you think the floor staff members do while working

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher)
Westbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy .

Interview Question – Who is your role model?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what you get is what you get the longer your employed there the lower your hours become.

Team Member Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was very "standard" with questions like. "Why should we hire you?" "Do you have experience working as a team?" "Do you have experience and are you willing to work unpredictable/long hours?" Basically, if you've interviewed for an entry level job before, you should be fine. Even if you haven't, it's very basic and would be a "starter" interview.

I mainly would like to talk about post interview or "the hiring process," and I must say IT WAS A DISASTER. I worked in a large scale (20 screen) movie theater for 4 years, and was informally promised a job during the interview because of my experience.

Later, I was given "the run around" for months while they tried to contact 1 of my employers on my resume. The movie theater gave me a stellar reference (I was very close to the manager they contacted). I was told that because my OTHER employer has a policy that DOES NOT allow them to disclose any information about my work ethic (they only give information about dates of employment) that they could not hire me. I contacted said employer myself, and was told that there was NO WAY they could give that information, and was given theworknumber.com (very common employer verification website) for Regal Entertainment to check for verification purposes. Apparently that wasn't enough. After checking in, and offering other references they finally allowed me to contact another (non work related) reference as substitute. After promptly completing that I was told by the manager of the theater that "The temp person who was filling in for HR was mistaken," and essentially that I just wasted my time.

I continued to be cordial and checked in frequently, but was basically told, "There's no way I will be able to hire you," every time I tried. I was there so frequently that other employees and managers knew my name, and asked me how I was doing. I was even told by another manager that Regal Entertainment, doesn't even give references about work ethic! Only verification of employment! He even admitted how hypocritical it was!

Ultimately, I did not receive an offer of employment despite copious efforts on my part and being vastly overqualified to work in a 4 screen theater. I would not recommend even interviewing for this company because, if this is the way they run their business, I would hate to actually be a part of it.

Good luck if you're interviewing and happy job hunting.

Interview Question – None. Make sure you have SOME kind of experience working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regal Entertainment

Worked for Regal Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regal Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Regal Entertainment employees and interview candidates.