Regal Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.9

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. You had to watch a video and read through the companies policies and such to understand the company. Very professional and straightforward on if they were going to hire you or not.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Regal will only interview you once. Interviews are scheduled typically every 15 minutes, so if your interview is short, do not be alarmed or think it went horribly wrong.

They will want to know why you want to work at a theatre

Interview Questions
    • They will want to know what customer service means to you.   View Answer
    They will give you papers for references. Please get decent references and have them fill them out so you can bring it back to the theatre ASAP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Applied online and received a call the very next day. Scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday. Went in and met with a very sweet, young manager. The interview was in the lobby by concessions. Was given a packet with all the job descriptions & requirements to look over. A few minutes later she came back with a paper, and started going through the list of questions. No personal questions, just basic questions like age, availability, previous employment and so on. She went over dress code and then asked for a minute. She came back with 3 reference sheets and asked that I get them back to her as soon as possible.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Had to take a pay cut for minimum wage, however I was guaranteed 30 hours weekly which makes up for the lack of pay. After 3 month probation period, pay goes up 25 cents.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

Helps if you follow up on your online application with a phone call to score an interview. It took over a month for my application to go through, but as soon as I reapplied when the application timed out I received a call.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was really easy. Hardest questions were mainly "How would you react?", "Why do you need this job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in October 2013.

Hiring process was fairly easy, it took about 2 weeks. After i applied online i was then contacted by a manager the next week. Went to the interview was not required to bring a resume was asked a series of questions such as have i ever been to a regal theatre before, how often do i go to the movies,whats my favorite movie, and what would be my main way of transportation. after the interview he asked for my 3 references and he called each of them individually within the same day. told me i would get a response on whether they wanted to hire me or not within 30days but it only took them 3 days to get back to me.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Regal Entertainment.

I submitted an application online and within a few days I was called back for an interview. The interviewer asked me typical question, they weren't hard at all. I just had to get references in and I got the job. During the interview I stressed my costumer service skills. As long as you answer the questions honestly and with common sense, there shouldn't be a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Favorite question was when she asked me what my favorite movie was.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview time. I was away at college so I set the date in two weeks. When I arrived I sat waiting in the lobby of the theater for about 30 minutes. Finally I was asked to go upstairs where I met with the hiring manager. The interview took about 30 minutes if that. General questions were asked, "why do you want to work here", "how do you deal with conflict", etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to describe yourself as a person or thing, what would be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

The whole process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a call a few days later scheduling an interview. The interview was really simple and took like 10 minutes. Just basic questions with straightforward answers. I'm always amazed when somebody gets interviewed and doesn't get hired. After the interview I submitted references. After they were verified I was scheduled for orientation and the whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of situation questions "What would you do if...."   View Answer
    It's part time minimum wage. There is no negotiation.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in October 2013.

I had applied during the summer in late July or August and the manager did not contact me until October, so they did lagg on calling me. But the interview was pretty east going, the manager asked me basic questions as to why I wanted to work here, etc. And she was really funny and easy to talk to. This was definitely the most relaxing interview I've ever been to.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard or really difficult questions. They just asked background questions and if you were hired what you would contribute to the buisness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Regal Entertainment in July 2014.

Was an very easy process, I had went online and filled out an application on regal cinemas website for floor staff found out it was a part time, just what I needed for my first time job, and trust me understand that if this is your first time job it is okay, you need no experience, and it's really easy unless your dumb, so I got called for an interview after like a week or so, it was an on phone interview first asked a few questions really straightforward, and then was asked for the second interview which was an group interview (yes the last interview I actually wanted, but I needed it badly) so I passed first one and 4 days later was the actual interview, all I say is know your stuff your skills and be ready to talk, they are looking for people that are good communicators, happy, great personality people, and people willing to work their ways of hours, so use that to your advantage, please don't say oh you a hard worker during this interview it's just to simple, so the manager came up (she an awesome person) asked us like 5 question, sat us right next each other and she was in front of us, she asked questions typical ones I'll say it down there with the questions... But I'm gonna add that out of the 5 only 3 got it, and this what I was saying they needed to be more a happy and willing to talk their looking for that it was their first job to but needed to share more be excited and communicative they needed that cause that's what they looking for, she have us references papers, I got two that asked for professional/educational/civic references, and I needed to give in by Friday and boom, I was offered the job on the spot two :) this is a simple process, know what your saying, study for the interview and be prepared, and be yourself smile and be happy show expression, I learned that when I failed to get the job from amc, now i know

Interview Questions
    $8/hour non negotiable offers, take it or leave it!

Worked for Regal Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!