Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon.

Dealt primarily with HR/Recruiter throughout the process. The process was so long that I started with one recruiter and ended with another. Interviewed with each team member in the group and did 1:1 interviews, panel interviews, telephonic interviews. Buy-in from the entire team seemed important.

Product Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon.

Saw the opportunity on LinkedIn and applied via company website. It took HR about 45 days to contact me, and schedule my initial interview. Interviewed with HR manager for a screening round and was told that my resume would be forwarded to the Product Development lead. I received a competing offer from another Health Insurance provided about three days later, which I forwarded to the recruiter. HR fast tracked my interview, with two more rounds in 4 days. Interviews were very engaging and managers told me a lot about the company. Cambia responded with a competing offer by the end of a week, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Cambia made sure I understood their history and philosophy during the interview. I would suggest that anyone interviewing prepare by studying the company's evolution, since they strongly emphasize their corporate strategy for diversification of primary business units.   Answer Question
    I informed HR of the terms of my competing offer, including temporary benefits and salary. I told them that I needed Cambia to match the offer. Cambia wrote me an offer for 10% above the competing salary and matched all benefits.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Internal interview and knew the people so very relaxed

Sales Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon.

Internal candidate encouraged by management to apply. One on one interview followed by two panel/group interviews. Good explanation of position and expectation. Timely interview process and good access to HR.

Interview Questions
    • No curveball questions. Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon in November 2011.

Long hiring process- approx 4 months. Interviewed with 7 or 8 people total.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the current healthcare legislation from last nights debate?   View Answer
    The company was not receptive to negotiations. Most likely due to current economic condition.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon in October 2009.

It was multiple rounds of interviews with behavioral questions. I met with my potential co-workers, immediate hiring supervisor, and with the director. There weren't any surprises if you've had at least a few years of working/interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't too difficult of an interview process. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as, "describe a situation where you've had work with a difficult co-worker."   Answer Question

Senior Enterprise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon in April 2008.

I was first asked by recruiter to answer about 5 question in writing that asked about my technical experience.

Manager, Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon in April 2008.

Met with HR rep for internal posting, completed CIDS interview forms (from Lominger competencies). A week later received an invitation for second interview with department Director and AD for two weeks later. That interview was cancelled due to Director's scheduling conflict but wasn't rescheduled. Position was never filled due to cutbacks. Wanted the job but didn't mind missing most of the CIDS process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you weren't given the resouces you needed to reach your goals. Were you able to succeed anyways?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon.

Professional and timely hiring process. I was among a small handfull of other shortlisted candidates, and was interviewed by one individual. I heard back in about two weeks.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon in March 2010.

Consisted of one phone interview. It lasted for about 40 minutes.