Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in August 2011.

I was actually called by HR when a postdoctoral position opened up because I had my CV uploaded to their database. HR gauged interest, then scheduled a phone interview which went very well. They then scheduled a full, in-house interview (from approximately 11-4) which included a 45 minute seminar I gave on my data. Rest of that day consisted of 1:1 interviews with most people in the department. Went very well and then I got called back the following week to meet with the VP who was on vacation at the time. That also went well. They then asked for my references, called at least one and made me the offer shortly after. HR kept me continually updated throughout the process and I didn't have to ask them for a status update once.

Greatly enjoyed the process and very much enjoyed everyone I spoke with. I asked everyone whether they were happy working there and by and large it was a unanimous yes. There were some gripes about the salary and cost of living in Westchester, but everyone was pretty happy with their position regardless. The new lab building is modern, state-of-the-art and on some beautiful grounds as well.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be okay abandoning a project that wasn't working? (or something to this effect)   View Answer
There really wasn't much negotiation since they kind of preempted me. The position was for a Postdoc but they outright offered me a Scientist position based on my experience with a much higher salary than I expected, plus a number of stock options as well.

The offer, because they offered me a position above what I applied for, was "firm and final." But I was very much OK with that.