Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

The job interview process was typical as any other pharmaceutical company. The process involved a phone interview and then an on-site interview for pretty much the entire day. The interviewers were very pretty friendly and the lab tour of the company definitely made the company a desirable job position.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part was the HR interview where I was asked why I wanted to work for the company when I already had a similar job profile and why I was willing to move cities.   Answer Question

I accepted a job offer with another company

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Research Associate Interview

I applied online and went through the process of phone screening, phone interview, followed by a whole day of on site interview. The whole process took less than a month. The interviewers were interested in my past research experience and the research techniques I used, the research environment and team relationship I was involved in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in July 2013.

The position posted mid-June, I submitted the online application 2 days later, and was referred by an employee the following day. I was not phone-screened until a month later, and only after the employee who referred me personally emailed and spoke to the hiring manager as well as the recruiter. The phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for the day after the phone screen and only lasted 15 of the allotted 30 minutes. The hiring manager was pleasant and did not ask technical questions, we mostly discussed the position and aspects of my resume that were not directly relevant to the job. I was contacted the next day to schedule an on-site interview, which occurred the following week. I was sent a system generated application prior to the interview, which asked for basic information as well as 3 references and their contact information. Upon arriving at Regeneron, I stopped at the security desk and showed them my interview schedule. I was 30 minutes early so I waited for someone from HR to escort me to HR reception. I then signed in and completed some confidentiality paperwork before meeting with the recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter for 30 minutes and it was relatively relaxed, no tough questions. I next met with the hiring manager for 30 minutes and that was also not extremely technical. I then had two, 30-minute, one-on-one interviews with Research Associate III's of the group I would be joining followed by lunch with nearly the whole group, excluding the hiring manager. The interviews with the group members were really not technical at all. We discussed my relevant experience in the one-on-one interviews for a bit, and then the atmosphere became more relaxed and back-and-forth in nature. Lunch was more about getting to know personalities. After lunch, I was given a tour of the lab facilities by a couple of the group members. This marked the conclusion of my on-site interview. I believe one candidate interviewed before me and another interviewed after me. A week after my interview I touched base with the recruiter, who told me that the hiring manager had not yet made a decision. The recruiter also said that there was a Plan B for me because I was a good fit for another position that had recently opened, ensuring that I was still being considered for the position that I just interviewed for. Two weeks after my interview, the recruiter informed me that the hiring manager chose to move in a different direction and selected one of the other candidates. Two days after this rejection, I submitted my application for this other position the recruiter recommended and again was referred by the same employee. Three weeks later, after connecting with the recruiter on a weekly basis, the recruiter called me to say that the hiring manager declined to move forward because they were only considering candidates with a specific skill set for this entry-level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in April 2013.

Had a phone interview prior to on site interview. On site, I was interviewed with 6 people from Sr. Director to hiring manager and HR. All of them are with PhD degree. Most questions from this group are scientific questions. There are some behavior questions as well. My interview went well. Unfortunately, the group changed direction and this position was cancelled.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

I had a phone interview followed by an all day twelve person, on site interview. All of them were one on one except for a lunch group interview with other research associates. All of them were half an hour, except for 45 minutes with the hiring manager, 45 minutes with the human resources rep and an hour for lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest surprise you encountered while researching the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in December 2012.

got a phone interview first. one month later, I got the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: One group leader prepared a mini-test, all about technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

Nothing much. Just reviewed the qualifications of Oncology Technician.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in December 2008.

Initial phone contact was with an outsourced recruiter, phone interview was scheduled via email with the hiring manager.
    Phone interview was 30 to 60 minutes and consisted of details of the position and technical background and expertise.
    After phone interview, Internal HR contacted me to set up on-site visit, one day of interviews

On-site interview began in HR with an overview of the company, then meetings with the hiring manager and three other scientists at the hiring manager level, then the hiring manager's (group leader's) boss lunch with 10 to 15 members of the group, then a small group meeting with the other people under the hiring manager and finally a review of the day with the hiring manager.

Phone call within 1 hour of leaving the interview from the recruiter to gauge interest and feedback from the interview and an offer within 24 hours. Three days negotiation.

Interview Questions
    Job title, stock options, salary, signing bonus

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in January 2010.

I was contacted by staffing professional. Later I was referred to the HR personnel after initial screening. I was contacted for a second interview(Technical). I was brought to onsite after which I was offered a position after 3 weeks. The whole process took 40 days.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in July 2010.

I had the screening interview in late Jun by a HR person. It took about 15 min, consisting of mainly background questions (like work experience), with three very simple technical questions. After one or two days I was notified about the time and date o the second interview.

The second session was a phone interview in middle July by a hiring manager. It took about 30 min, consisting entirely of technical questions. It was not difficult but did require some preparation. On the second day I was told that they would invite me for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was in late July. I had four or five 30 min to 45 min talks, each with one or two persons. There were a lot of behavioral interview questions.

I wouldn't say the questions were difficult, but the interviews were intensive, especially the on-site session. All interviewers were very nice, however.

Interview Questions
    • Which amino acids give proteins' 280nm absorption on UV spectrometry?   Answer Question

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!