Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very friendly! It was 5 different interviews. 4 were 1 on 1 and one group lunch interview with the people I would be working with. The 1 on 1 interviews were an hour each. Each person asked why i want the job and all the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Regeneron Careers website. Within a few days, I was contacted by someone from human resources. I had a phone screen with them, and then they said that they would contact me if the hiring manager expressed any interest. I was then contacted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I had the phone interview with the hiring manager who said I would be contacted if they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. I never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Same as other reviews. Applied, had phone interview 2 weeks later, followed by on site interview a month after that. I had a poor experience. One of the major employees I was to meet with was busy so I never met with them. They didn't even bother to reschedule a phone call with me later. Felt like I wasted a day flying out there for the interview. The retirement benefits are lousy. They match 401k with company stock up to 3% to your 6%. Company is filled with mostly rejects from other failed companies with questionable scientific achievements. I felt I knew more than those I would work for. Waste of time to sign a confidentiality agreement because they wouldn't say anything about what they worked on. Offer was low, since I think they are used to making offers to the desperate and jobless. If you are desperate, go for it. Otherwise I would avoid.

Interview Questions

Low salary, high cost of living, bad retirement benefits, less than stellar employees,

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

The job interview process was typical as any other pharmaceutical company. The process involved a phone interview and then an on-site interview for pretty much the entire day. The interviewers were very pretty friendly and the lab tour of the company definitely made the company a desirable job position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the HR interview where I was asked why I wanted to work for the company when I already had a similar job profile and why I was willing to move cities.   Answer Question

I accepted a job offer with another company

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and went through the process of phone screening, phone interview, followed by a whole day of on site interview. The whole process took less than a month. The interviewers were interested in my past research experience and the research techniques I used, the research environment and team relationship I was involved in.

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The position posted mid-June, I submitted the online application 2 days later, and was referred by an employee the following day. I was not phone-screened until a month later, and only after the employee who referred me personally emailed and spoke to the hiring manager as well as the recruiter. The phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for the day after the phone screen and only lasted 15 of the allotted 30 minutes. The hiring manager was pleasant and did not ask technical questions, we mostly discussed the position and aspects of my resume that were not directly relevant to the job. I was contacted the next day to schedule an on-site interview, which occurred the following week. I was sent a system generated application prior to the interview, which asked for basic information as well as 3 references and their contact information. Upon arriving at Regeneron, I stopped at the security desk and showed them my interview schedule. I was 30 minutes early so I waited for someone from HR to escort me to HR reception. I then signed in and completed some confidentiality paperwork before meeting with the recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter for 30 minutes and it was relatively relaxed, no tough questions. I next met with the hiring manager for 30 minutes and that was also not extremely technical. I then had two, 30-minute, one-on-one interviews with Research Associate III's of the group I would be joining followed by lunch with nearly the whole group, excluding the hiring manager. The interviews with the group members were really not technical at all. We discussed my relevant experience in the one-on-one interviews for a bit, and then the atmosphere became more relaxed and back-and-forth in nature. Lunch was more about getting to know personalities. After lunch, I was given a tour of the lab facilities by a couple of the group members. This marked the conclusion of my on-site interview. I believe one candidate interviewed before me and another interviewed after me. A week after my interview I touched base with the recruiter, who told me that the hiring manager had not yet made a decision. The recruiter also said that there was a Plan B for me because I was a good fit for another position that had recently opened, ensuring that I was still being considered for the position that I just interviewed for. Two weeks after my interview, the recruiter informed me that the hiring manager chose to move in a different direction and selected one of the other candidates. Two days after this rejection, I submitted my application for this other position the recruiter recommended and again was referred by the same employee. Three weeks later, after connecting with the recruiter on a weekly basis, the recruiter called me to say that the hiring manager declined to move forward because they were only considering candidates with a specific skill set for this entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• What size DNA did you sequence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview prior to on site interview. On site, I was interviewed with 6 people from Sr. Director to hiring manager and HR. All of them are with PhD degree. Most questions from this group are scientific questions. There are some behavior questions as well. My interview went well. Unfortunately, the group changed direction and this position was cancelled.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an all day twelve person, on site interview. All of them were one on one except for a lunch group interview with other research associates. All of them were half an hour, except for 45 minutes with the hiring manager, 45 minutes with the human resources rep and an hour for lunch.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest surprise you encountered while researching the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

got a phone interview first. one month later, I got the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: One group leader prepared a mini-test, all about technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Nothing much. Just reviewed the qualifications of Oncology Technician.