Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication with HR was very efficient. I travelled from out of town for the interview and the process was smooth. I interviewed with five individuals. Four sessions as one-on-one and the final interview with a pair of managers

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Got phone interview two days after applying. Interview went very well..generic questions about why I am looking for a new job, salary expectation and about the company. Recruiter said the hiring manager will call back in a week ...never heard. No response from recruiter either.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in February 2009.

Interview Details – Full day interview 8am-5pm included a 30min meeting with all scientists in the group and a 2hr lunch where I presented a formal scientific talk.

Interview Question – Dealing with difficult colleagues in the past   View Answer

Tarrytown, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was a 3/4-day event. Talked 1:1 with human resource, the hiring manager (associate director), the department director, and a few other important future colleagues. Had lunch and group interviews with other team members. Took a tour of the company. Gave a seminar talk and answered lots of questions from the ~20 people audience. The experience was very positive with friendly and happy people. A lot of the offices were awaiting for re-construction, but at least they were all together in one place and have nice windows/views. The work culture seemed healthy.

Interview Question – Most questions were related to asking about my experiences, my expectation of the position and answering my questions. I did not find them difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – location

Scientist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – HR screen at career fair, follow up e-mail two weeks later. Request for phone screen with hiring manager. Four days later, had phone interview. Then, on-site interview 12 days later with 1:1 followed by group presentation. Offer made 15 days later, and accepted after 1 day of negotiations.

Interview Question – How will you transition from slower pace of academia to faster pace of industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for 10% more, and got 4% more plus an increased signing bonus, which I was not expecting.

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – First I received an electronic form to confirm institutions where I obtained the relevant skills. A week later an HR representative contacted me by email to set up a technical telephone interview.

At the very start of the interview the same HR person asked me to state my current/past salary. I asked politely if it would be OK not to reveal this information, but was told that the interview cannot continue in such case. So I told her how much I was making. Next question was about my legal status and then I was asked to accept in principle a salary they were offering for this position (if was significantly below my most recent pay). This took me completely by surprise. The interview has not started yet and I am already made negotiate the salary. The HR person insisted that I have to say "yes" or "no" to the particular figure, or the interviewing process stops right there. I have never encountered such hard-ball tactic before on a part of interviewer. After some back and forth I was forced to agree to the figure just so I could proceed to the interview. By then in the back of my mind I was not so certain anymore if I actually want to work there. Then the actual interview started with two hiring managers who took turns in asking specific questions regarding my skills and scientific background. This part went without surprises. I received a rejection email one week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   View Answer
  • Will you agree to accept the following salary if we offer you this job? (asked before the interview started)   Answer Question

Scientist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a representative of the recruiting organization. 15 min phone interview. Basic HR questions related to job posting and the position. 2 days received a call to set up another interview which was technical with the hiring manager. Did not hear back so contacted them after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1) HR phone interview
2) HM phone interview
3) on-site interview with all scientist in the group.
-give a presentation
-one to one interview to all Scientists

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Scientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals in November 2009.

Interview Details – the one day on site interview included one hour presentation as well as in person meeting with many scientist. It is intense and the atmosphere is friendly.

Interview Question – what is your plan for the next 5 years   Answer Question

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!