Regional Municipality of Waterloo

www.region.waterloo.on.ca

Regional Municipality of Waterloo Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regional Municipality of Waterloo

Customer Service Representative - Service First Call Centre Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo in April 2014.

- Fill out online application
    - Computer testing - 20 general questions about the region, find answer on regions website and paste link
    - Interview with 2 people - the manager of the dept you are applying to and another employee with a higher ranking

Interview Questions
    • All behavioural questions - use the STARS technique to answer questions   Answer Question

Engineering Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Regional Municipality of Waterloo in May 2010.

All questions were behavioral based. Nothing technical or related to my field. All situations like "What is a situation in which you were in conflict with another team member?" Don't waste your time preparing for technical questions. I think they wanted people on board. The region is expanding quickly and there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Again, no technical! The worst questions was a one liner question that I had no answer too that made it look like I didn't do my research. how many municipalities and townships are in the region? KitThe region has several values that it strives for; what are they?   View Answer
    They are pretty clear about their salary ranges. If you are offered a salary that you think does not properly reflect your experience then I think you could raise it in a very polite but straightforward manner. Second, the region seems to be very understanding of work/life balance. If you come in upfront with a proposal for extra time off or family time that sort of request would likely be well received!