Regional Transportation District

Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regional Transportation District

Budget Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Regional Transportation District.

One interview with a group of managers. Must complete drug test before considered for position. There is also a background check. The entire hiring process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no unexpected or difficult questions. One needs to take some time to think before answering the questions.   Answer Question
    Quick and easy: I liked the offer and started the job as soon as I could

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Regional Transportation District.

Took several months. Company usually picks a person for a position and then goes thru the hiring process to create an image of fairness. Hiring manager repeatedly tried to force me to go out drinking with her after work and stated in front of witnesses that I wouldn't get the job if I didn't comply. I had to finally file an EEO complaint.

Interview Questions
    • See above. I just sleepwalked thru the interview and can't even remember the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Regional Transportation District.

Process was a farce. Position was posted after selection was already made. Hiring manager even told another candidate in an email that selection had been made, again before the posting. In the same email that manager also threatened the candidate if any complaints were made. Company then goes through a dog and pony show to avoid (hopefully) any legal issues when they promote somebody. Testing was evaluated by somebody with a personal grudge against some of the candidates including multiple EEO complaints. Favored candidate was given answers to tests/interviews ahead of time. In an email again! Clearly company didn't care that they were playing games. No recourse for employees who were unfairly evaluated. Anybody who speaks out will be retaliated against.

Interview Questions
    • No real or difficult questions because everybody was just going through the motions and everybody knew it.   Answer Question

RTD Annual Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regional Transportation District in August 2011.

Initially found job positing through college career site. I submitted my application, resume, and cover letters both online and through the mail to their office address. A week after the closing of the posting, I received a call to schedule an interview. Interview was located in the office I worked in and was hosted by my boss and an HR manager. Process went very smoothly; they asked primarily STARS and behavior based questions. Follow-up happened in about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? What are difficult situations that you've been involved in previously?   View Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized?   View Answer
    No negotiation is offered for interns; intern pay rate is based upon school experience

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Regional Transportation District in January 2010.

Online Job Posting - Applied (takes about an hour if you can cut and paste from a text only resume) - about 8 business days later you will get a call regarding taking a test if you have the skills listed that match the job description - test is about an hour long - multiple choice and two essay questions - if you pass the test, they arrange an interview (person to person) with the hiring manager. General questions regarding work ethic, compatibility with male / female / ADA workers, situation analysis and resolution (about 45 minutes long.)
    People seem pleasant, offices are clean, but located in different parts of the city, and work culture appears to be cooperative.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you made a decision, which turned out to be the wrong choice and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question