Regions Financial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial.

I first had a couple of phone calls with one of their in house recruiters to vet the position and set up the interview. About a week later I met with who I'd be working for & discussed the position & my background. It was an easygoing process, and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I handle shifting multiple high priority responsibilities with similar deadlines.   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Regions Financial.

I got a phone call from HR advising me that I was selected to join some candidates to take their preliminary tests. These were three tests - math, IQ, and personality. The math test was not hard but it was the way it was delivered - onscreen. The change rate of the screen was so FAST, you need to have some super hero ocular ability to answer them all. It was very frustrating and there is only one chance. If you passed the tests then it becomes easier. The interview was nothing extraordinary, nor challenging ; my interviewers were not smart, nor good communicators.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience working for a bank? The required tests were more difficult than the actual in-person interview.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Very fast, applied online, received an email requesting the interview and within a couple of weeks...I was in training. The recruiter was wonderful and the CSM is great. We discussed setting goals, managing others, accountability, building the best team, etc. Questions were direct and built upon assisting customers reach the financial goals.

Retail Credit Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Regions Financial.

I was referred by a friend after being interviewed for another position. The phone interview conducted by the manager was unbelievably negative. She specifically pointed out that there could be several months of 80-100 weekly working hours without overtime pay, and that after 3 to 5 years you would have no liberty to take initiative as a senior staff. She started to challenge me from the beginning, disagreed with me on almost everything, and accused me of not listening while she was the one stuck in her own battle of disproving my qualification. She appeared prejudiced, presumptuous, irritable and sarcastic to me. I didn't feel appreciated at all. Maybe she got a huge line of candidates so she didn't care about me. But clearly she didn't realise every word she said represented her team and the whole firm, and that word of mouth matters within the industry. I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to work in her team.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

I applied online 1/20/2015 and got a call from the branch manager to an interview on 1/26/2014. I met with the branch manager and teller supervisor and the interview was really easy. I was only asked a few easy questions. Not difficult at all. The manager told me the position that they were actually hiring for and what the position entailed. I was only there for 10 mins, 15 mins., tops. Afterward, the manager told me the next steps in the hiring process, if I was chosen for the position, I would receive an email requesting information to complete a background check. I was also told that the recruiter would call within the next couple of days to let me know either way. A day after the interview, I got the email stating that in order for them to successfully move forward with my application, I needed to answer a few questions. I was given a link to click to complete the questions for a background check. After completing the questions and submitting the form, I'm waiting to hear a response about whether or not I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Regions Financial in February 2015.

Interview was very simple. It was a panel interview so three people interviewed me. It was also a group interview so there was another candidate in the room. Questions were really easy and pretty much were about your previous jobs and experience. Process took about 20 minutes. The employees were extremely move and gave you the chance to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • When were you put in a situation where it would be easier to break the rules but you didn't?
      When have you gone over and beyond for a customer?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in February 2015.

Applied through campus recruiter. I got scheduled for an interview. I interviewed with a HR and manager. It was a more challeging interview than I expected. Some crazy questions that are not able to be prepared for.

Teller Part Time 25 Hours/Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in February 2015.

I applied for thr part time position and got called in for an interview almosy a month later. I interviewed in Gulfport, MS and the interview lasted about 10 minutes. I previously applied 3 years ago, so most of my information remained the same so the interviewer didn't feel the need to go over the job specifics again. I was told that I would be called in for a second interview, however I didn't get that call until a week later. When I went in to do my second interview that was TERRIBLE, theu literally did not know what questions to ask and actually said so in the interview process. My second interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. It was a very uncomfortable i interview because it seemed like the staff wasn't on the same page at all. They called me about two weels later stating that I was not selected for the job, that they chose to go with someone who had better experience. I find this to be an excuse/cover up for another reason because they told me the exact same thing 3 years ago and I made sure within that time to perfect my job skill set. The hiring manager did however tell me that she would personally call me when ither job openings became available. That too was a lie because I looked on indeed.com yesterday and today and Regions has two new openings for full-time positions. I won't ever apply for them again and I wouldn't recommend applying for them. It was a complete waste of time for me.

Mortgage Loan Coordinaotr Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Placed as a temp to answer the phones. Manager placed me in the post closing department after a few weeks, thank 6 months later hired as a full time employee. As a temp there was no actual interview

Interview Questions
    • No answer to this as there was no actual interview. see above   Answer Question
    Told manager how much I wanted to get paid per hour and she accepted

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial.

The interview was very relaxed. I was in the office with the brand manager and the head teller. Both of them were very relaxed. The branch manager asked all of the questions. These questions were not hard at all. They expect you to talk about yourself a lot. You should know going in what your strengths and weaknesses are and some details about the teller position. I knew many things about going into the meeting thanks to glassdoor! The interview was about 10 minutes. They did not waste any time and they were very straight forward about what they were looking for and how the hiring process would be.