Regions Financial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Legal Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Recruiters don't seem to know very much about the positions applied for. They ask mundane questions such as where do you see yourself in 5 years. Interviewing manager totally selects the candidate and HR has nothing to do with it except your back ground check.

Branch Manager Interview

After submitting my resume for review, I was called the next day for an interview. I was contacted a couple days after the interview with a job offer. Upon accepting the offer, the process to start working was a nightmare.

Do not accept the first offer; definitely negotiate a salary with them!

Vault Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Fill out and submit application online. Had to take a little test to simulate being a teller. It was really easy but you will need good internet. Phone interview and then in person. It was rather straight forward but I did almost right it off because it took a couple of weeks before I heard back.

Was not one

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in June 2014.

I applied for a position in operations center but the call I received requested that I come in to interview for branch manager or branch sales position. I was reluctant but went in just to get a feel for what the interview process was like. I met with 2 branch managers that quickly told me I was not qualified based on heavy experience with back office work. They didn't seem interested in sales experience that I had with other positions. I was then asked to wait in lobby because I would be interviewing with someone else. I was then interviewed by two more branch managers and this interview went longer but the outcome was the same. Unless you resume lists sales positions and high volume quota requirements then this position is not for you. This is retail sales in a suit.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the branch? The branch is customer facing, how do you feel about that? Do you feel that meeting sales quotas/goals each month would be attainable? How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in June 2014.

I Applied online. Few days later revived email for online assessment. The online assessment was pretty easy. It had situations and basic math and your attention to detail. Never was contacted for interview. I was Sent a rejection email a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Think the fact my sister was working for them and left to go to another bank when I applied didn't help me.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in June 2014.

phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes
    face to face interview with branch manager
    basic questions about cash handling experiences
    did a drug test and background check
    hired in about 2-3 weeks
    orientation and training for first week

Interview Questions
    • basic, easy questions
      ask about previous work history
      future goals
      difficult customer
      sales goals

Answer Question

Branch Sales Manager III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Initial phone interview followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. I felt at ease and enjoyed the process as much as anyone can in this situation. The HR team was wonderful to work with.

Very easy. I asked for $4k more and received it.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial.

They take their time, expect process to take 30 days.
    - phone interview with hr
    - face to face interview with consumer sales manager
    - if interviewing for asst then you will also interview with current branch manager
    - once hr approves hire the pay has pretty much been set, you might get another $500 a year but most likely not.

Interview Questions
    • Basic sales/leadership type questions. Will hire without banking experience.   Answer Question
    Cut and dry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regions Financial in May 2014.

I applied online for a part time teller position and within a week was called by the Branch Manager to set up an interview. The Branch Manager and Head Teller were both in the office as I was interviewed but the Branch Manager asked most of the questions. She asked probably 20 to 30 questions and it lasted about 20 minutes. Less than a week later I was called by Human Resources and told to fill out information online for a background check and to schedule a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things that motivate you at work?
      What are three things that demotivate you at work?
      Was there ever a time when you or someone you worked with cut corners at work and it impacted the quality of service?
      Have you ever had to deal with a disgruntled customer and how did you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Financial Services Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Regions Financial.

Thought the process went well, went through 3 interviews and was told I would hear something soon. Heard nothing, tried to contact HR as well as the actual branch myself, were difficult to get ahold of and was told nothing helpful, just that they were still interviewing people and I was under consideration. Really wanted to work for the company and liked the position, unfortunate the way HR is ran.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you regret that way you dealt with a customer   Answer Question