Regions Financial

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Associate Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Regions Financial.

Interview Details – Initial interview on-campus followed by an all day interview onsite

Interview Question – What is the most important financial statement when reviewing a company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another offer

Birmingham, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Regions Financial in December 2009.

Interview Details – Most recruiting is done for the program at universities. If the initial on-campus interview goes well, they follow up with a phone interview, then you are invited to an on-site interview in Birmingham, AL. You will meet with 3-5 different managers and go through the basic questions (why are you a good fit, strengths, weaknesses, etc) and the rest is STAR (behavioral-based) method.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to extricate yourself from a difficult situation quickly.   Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at Regions Financial in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process involved a phone interview, 1 on 1 initial interview, and then a group/panel interview at their head quarters. I had a phone interview and a 1 on 1 but did not get asked back for the final round of group/panel interviews.

I thought i did pretty well and was not intimidated but I did not get asked for a final round

Interview Questions

• describe to me a time when you had to sell an idea to a group of people   Answer Question
  • describe to me a time when you you were in a leadership position and someone under you did not do their job   Answer Question
  • basic: why regions, why commercial banking, walk me through your resume, why majors   Answer Question

Management Associate Program

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Regions Financial in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was told it went great. 3 days later I was told to go to the location of the job. I interviewed at the location. There were two groups of interviewers. The first were very anal. The second were more laid back. Then I had my last interview. They asked questions based on the personality assessment,etc.

Management Associate Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Regions Financial in February 2012.

Interview Details – I talked with them at a career fair and was called to later meet and interview. I met with the interviewer and she asked me questions about how I would handle certain situations, about experience I have had and how they wold apply, and talked to me about the program. Regions covers 16 states and so they have to interview from colleges and areas so the interview process as a whole takes a long time before you hear anything back. But overall I am glad that I got to interview with them because it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Think of a time when there was conflict in a group or committee setting, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Management Associate Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Regions Financial in November 2010.

Interview Details – I received an on campus interview in Georgia and went through your run of the mill 30-45 minute behavioral interview. Afterwards, I had to take a personality assessment online, and was contacted for an on site interview in my home town (Dallas,TX). The on site interview consisted of a commercial banking manager and an HR VP. A very thorough screening of everything on my resume, as well as scenario based questions were asked during the second interview. I received an email one month later telling me to fill out an employee registration form, but then got an email two days later stating I was not selected for the position.

Interview Question – What other banks are you applying to? How and why is the MAP program different and better?   Answer Question

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!