Regis Corporation Hair Stylist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Regis Corporation (Pitts, PA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely laid back and easy. Basic questions, like why do you want to work here, how long have you been doing hair, are you comfortable with color, can you sell products.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. It was my first hair styling position, so I guess my most difficult was explaining how my experience in beauty school would be sufficient for a full service salon.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. Beginning stylists make a certain amount and that goes up when they get a certain amount of clients.

Other Interview Reviews for Regis Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Corporation (Princeton, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I had the best in shop manager, she was always understanding, friendly, and helped to achieve goals to improve your skills. The interview was more of a lets see what you can do kinda deal; i brought in a model did a cut and was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• It could be frightening to do a model for a possible employer but not out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one; you start off at 40% and work your way up to 50% and paid vacation using a points system based off of growth of profits, product sales, combination sales (service and product), returning customers, and pre-booking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regis Corporation (Goshen, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Go into store and get number to apply online. Personal and technical interview to discuss and showcase skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate pay. Hours are negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Corporation (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

i was interviewed at the front counter. I did not need to show a portfolio. They seem to hire more based on your look rather than skill. Interview was very quick and to the point. I was given a tour of the salon immediately and asked to come back to start days later. I was fresh out of school so I didn't realize this was less than ideal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Regis Corporation (Harlingen, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

i got in the door with a free internship from my school... which then i was told that i would qualify to work in the salon. i got the interview after my internship. nothing special was asked. they just told me what i can and can't wear and that was all.

Interview Questions

• i was openly criticized of my shoes... they were too unformal. but they were all i could afford.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations. they will treat you like they want to. just dress in all black. and wear shiny shoes.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Corporation (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2007.

Interview

Management set up a 1:1 interview.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Regis Corporation.

Interview

Dropped of resume and filled out application. Got a call a couple hours later for an interview in a couple days. Got hired on the spot. No technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

told manager what days i needed off prior to starting. pay is same.