Regis Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.2

Regional Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Regis Corporation.

Interview

Zoomed through an interview with recruiter and hr. I was told by both parties that I was EXACTLY the person they have been looking for. Vp was another story. He couldn't answer even basic answers about benefits. He couldn't answer even basic questions about operations. He even tried to get me to think that a salon near me that NEVER has clients makes a million dollars. He told me that stylist make 6 figures. Looking online it was all a lie. In way, I am glad I didn't get the job after the experience and the reviews I read online.

Interview Questions

• Have you recruited people from our company?   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Edina, MN).

Interview

The first thing I did was apply online. I got a call about two weeks later for a telephone screening. I was called back shortly after to come in for an interview, and they were very flexible with my schedule. I had a final interview with the department and was offered the position about a week later.

Regional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Regis Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter, HR, and the hiring manager via phone and in person over the course of 3 weeks. Arrangements were adaptable to my schedule and made me feel very comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience and people development   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Let me start off by saying that I am disabled and have not been on an interview in more than twenty five years. I met the Regis corporation at a university job fair. I am an alumni at this university. The recruiting personnel were very courteous and friendly. I felt like if I got a job with Regis that I would be working for a great company. It was a two part interview process. The first interview I thought went great. The two women and I got along just fine. The second interview happened about three days later. This time two men conducted the interview. The meeting was very business like and rather cold. It felt icy in a certain way. They asked me "Why do you want to work here" I wanted to be sarcastic and say "I need the money" but that of course is a huge NO-NO. I felt that I personally did a so so in the interview. But I am not really sure how I really did in the interview. I was not contacted either way as to whether I go the job or not. Of course I myself did not follow up with them either. I am glad that I did not get the job. The reviews for Regis on Glass Door are awful. Here they only get 2.5 stars out of 5 stars. I saw these reviews before my second interview and this probably affected my attitude towards Regis. So my attitude did not go over well, also their icy interviewing style made me feel very uncomfortable. I also think deep down I didn't want the job and the second interviewers picked up on that too. The overall interview process was okay I guess. It has been a very long time since I went on an interview and I didn't like the way the second interview was conducted. Also I was a total fish out of water in what kinds of questions they asked. I should have done some prep work and what kind on questions they would ask. The lack of interview experience on my part showed through in the second interview, I realize that for anyone that job interviews can be overwhelming and intimidating. I really have no wise advice on interviews or interviewers. Some closing thoughts, remember that you are on an equal footing with any interviewer. The interviewer represents the company and their values. You are also interviewing the company too. Do your homework and find out what the company is really about. Above all find out what the corporate atmosphere is like. Talk to former employees if you can. Better yet ask current workers and see what their opinions of the company are. For me nothing is more important that the work environment. You cannot pay me enough to work in a toxic environment. How you or I define toxic is up to each one of us. If an employer cannot provide a decent and humane work environment for you find one who can. A quote from a movie " A life lived in fear is a life half lived". So be bold in your choices about work but also be pragmatic. Have a good day.

Interview Questions

• What talents do you have that will enhance the corporations potential?   Answer Question

District Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Gallatin, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal approach, like a conversation between friends. I have enjoyed all parts of the interview process, they did their best to make it comfortable, seemed interested in the answers I gave, and gave wonderful feedback. i also did a phone interview with HR, took about 25 minutes. Very pleasant, questions from both interviews were reviewed by upper management and discussed.

Interview Questions

• What has your biggest opportunity been in the salon leader position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be considered for district leader?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Regis Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

I only had a phone interview and then had to wait two weeks to see if I would get a second interview. Thank god I was offered a position somewhere else before they got back to me because I needed a job to live.

Interview Questions

• Where are you interviewing? Have you received any offers?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Edina, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews, face to face interviews, with Recruiter, HR, hiring manager, leaders through out the HR team and final was with the CFO. Leaders also did one final touch base to review any questions I had regarding the organization, team and role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your background, tell me about your experiences, how will your previous roles relate to where Regis is at with our organization?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Rapid City, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

Leah was the manager. She was VERY friendly and professional when I first met her. She introduced herself right away and seated me out in the food court for our interview. She told me the basic regulations, pay, and hours. She was very nice and spoke to me with respect. She asked of I had any questions about the job, and then told me she would give me a call within a week. She called a few days later after my follow up call, and I was hired. 01/20/2015.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that was frustrating and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day. Came in for an interview and model... manager never watched me do the model. Asked me what services I was comfortable doing, told her and said that that was not an issue... then when those services came in got in trouble for not doing them or knowing how to do them.

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Regis Corporation (Lawrenceville, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

This process made me nervous. I was hired through a job fair at my school. Then I was told to come in for a practicals interview doing foils and a haircut. Next, I was to wait to a phone call that never came from the DL. I went in to see if there was anything that they were waiting for. The manager had me on the schedule in two days. However, I had no idea what was going on. The manager called the district leader and found out that she didn't even know I was hired. Why did the district tired? Little confused but I start tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember what questions are asked; they were that insignificant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. I am still confused as to what my starting salary is.