Regis Corporation

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Regis Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the corporate website and received a phone call the next day from the Salon Leader at the store I applied to. We scheduled a time to interview. When I went down, the salon was dead. She asked me questions about where I felt my weakest areas were and what I felt strongest in. I asked about continuing education which I was told none was offered, but they had DVDs I could watch. The next step was demonstrating a clipper cut as well as a partial highlight and layered cut.

Interview Question – "If I came in and said I wanted highlights and for them to be a caramel color, how would you do that?"

She also asked me to call out what length clipper cut of several men that walked by was.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position was paying minimum wage and did not offer continuing education.

Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Regis Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring started with Hair Cuttery company and they bought out all Hair Cuttery in the south and we where transferred over on their pay scale.

Interview Question – Not having hands on classes.   Answer Question

Stylist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Regis Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for my position at SmartStyle (Regis) and was called within 4 days asking for an interview. At the interview, I made sure to wear black/white/gray and brought copies of my resume/cover letter/professional references. I was called back the next day asking for a technical interview.

Interview Question – They will ask how you rate yourself against others in hairstyling. That was a bit odd because I had just graduated from cosmetology school and didn't want to say I wasn't as good or that I was better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating the pay.

Stylist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Regis Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – Excruciating

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating to be negotiated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regis Corporation

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation Stylist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees and interview candidates.