Regis Salon

Interviews for Top Jobs at Regis Salon

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Regis Salon in August 2013.

Fast paced if they want you...or need you. They have a very unrealistic view of themselves. Online application, then phone, then personal, then technical then offer...about a week and a half overall

Interview Questions
    • Nothing they present was unexpected or difficult.....a wanna be manager pretended like I was getting this professional go-getter interview me...she was fakin it.   Answer Question
    Yes, they offered me 50% over the 45% "They NEVER go over"....but you fall in and out of the childish, high school like favoritisim so quick you can't keep up.

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Salon in April 2013.

The hiring goes through the internet and then they will call the applicant.

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Regis Salon in November 2012.

You must apply online. Salon manager or district manager will contact you if they are interested. You will then get a very easy interveiw and maybe have to do a technical if you are a new stylist.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are mostly about getting to know you? They will ask where you worked before and what your experiences were. Why you left your last job. What are you looking for ,   View Answer
    Negotiation is fairly cut and dry. Basically they will want to know what days you can work and they like you to work at least 2 nights.Nothing is in writing. Come dressed in business casual or in black.There is not much negotiation. they only pay minimum wage and a low commission rate to start like 43%.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Salon in April 2012.

I applied through the website and a week later received a call to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview on time and was told to wait in the waiting room while the interviewer got her stuff ready. When she came to meet me she was very nice. She told me the person who called me for the interview wasn't there so she was ganna do it. She knew nothing about me because she hadn't seen my resume or application so she asked me to tell her about myself. I made the mistake of telling her I took cosmetology in high school for 2 years because I thought it would up my chances of getting hired (considering this was a Salon) and she spent about 5 minutes asking me repeatedly why I didn't proceed to get my license. I tried explaining that I had only taken the class to learn to make cool hairstyles and because I thought it would be fun, but I had no intention of becoming a professional cosmetologist and that hairstyling was just a hobby for me. It wasn't something I wanted to career in. Not everybody is cut out to be a hairstylist, but she wouldn't understand that. I don't see what having a hairstyling license has to do with being a receptionist. The whole interview took about 15 minutes.

Overall, I thought it went really well and was told she was ganna look over my application and call me for a 2nd interview, but I never got a callback. If it's because I don't have a hairstyling license they need to reread my application, because I didn't apply for hairstylist!

Hair Stylist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Regis Salon.

Submitted resume at the end of august. Was scheduled for an interview the following week. Sat down with manager at a mall table. Asked my avaliability, why i wanted to work here. Manager told me about the company and asked me to bring in one woman and male model to demonstrate my cutting skills. Day of demo, manager assess haircut when you are done. Being able to work weekends is important! And dress the part!

No negotiation

Stylist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Regis Salon in April 2010.

I walked in with my resume, and I was offered an interview on the spot. The manager was slightly off, and had me style her hair while we talked (she had just washed her hair and needed someone to blow dry it). I should have taken that as a sign, it was the afternoon she probably should have styled her hair earlier and not at work. The interview was casual, and she mostly asked me about my school experience. My post education experience was assisting in a salon for about a year. The manager then proceeded to bash my previous salon manager. I was then offered the job. I accepted it because the location was great and I heard of promising clientele traffic.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't your old salon manager a self-centered CooCoo?   View Answer
    There was no option to negotiate.