Regis Salon

Very Easy Interview

Salon Manager Interview

Salon Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Regis Salon in November 2012.

Interview Details – You must apply online. Salon manager or district manager will contact you if they are interested. You will then get a very easy interveiw and maybe have to do a technical if you are a new stylist.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly about getting to know you? They will ask where you worked before and what your experiences were. Why you left your last job. What are you looking for ,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is fairly cut and dry. Basically they will want to know what days you can work and they like you to work at least 2 nights.Nothing is in writing. Come dressed in business casual or in black.There is not much negotiation. they only pay minimum wage and a low commission rate to start like 43%.

Hairstylist Interview

Hairstylist
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Regis Salon in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring goes through the internet and then they will call the applicant.

Interview Question – Can you work Sundays   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Stylist
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Regis Salon in August 2013.

Interview Details – Fast paced if they want you...or need you. They have a very unrealistic view of themselves. Online application, then phone, then personal, then technical then offer...about a week and a half overall

Interview Question – Nothing they present was unexpected or difficult.....a wanna be manager pretended like I was getting this professional go-getter interview me...she was fakin it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, they offered me 50% over the 45% "They NEVER go over"....but you fall in and out of the childish, high school like favoritisim so quick you can't keep up.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Regis Salon in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the website and a week later received a call to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview on time and was told to wait in the waiting room while the interviewer got her stuff ready. When she came to meet me she was very nice. She told me the person who called me for the interview wasn't there so she was ganna do it. She knew nothing about me because she hadn't seen my resume or application so she asked me to tell her about myself. I made the mistake of telling her I took cosmetology in high school for 2 years because I thought it would up my chances of getting hired (considering this was a Salon) and she spent about 5 minutes asking me repeatedly why I didn't proceed to get my license. I tried explaining that I had only taken the class to learn to make cool hairstyles and because I thought it would be fun, but I had no intention of becoming a professional cosmetologist and that hairstyling was just a hobby for me. It wasn't something I wanted to career in. Not everybody is cut out to be a hairstylist, but she wouldn't understand that. I don't see what having a hairstyling license has to do with being a receptionist. The whole interview took about 15 minutes.

Overall, I thought it went really well and was told she was ganna look over my application and call me for a 2nd interview, but I never got a callback. If it's because I don't have a hairstyling license they need to reread my application, because I didn't apply for hairstylist!

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Stylist Interview

Stylist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Regis Salon in April 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in with my resume, and I was offered an interview on the spot. The manager was slightly off, and had me style her hair while we talked (she had just washed her hair and needed someone to blow dry it). I should have taken that as a sign, it was the afternoon she probably should have styled her hair earlier and not at work. The interview was casual, and she mostly asked me about my school experience. My post education experience was assisting in a salon for about a year. The manager then proceeded to bash my previous salon manager. I was then offered the job. I accepted it because the location was great and I heard of promising clientele traffic.

Interview Question – Wasn't your old salon manager a self-centered CooCoo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no option to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Regis Salon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Salon interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Regis Salon employees and interview candidates.