Regis University

Regis University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regis University.

I was interviewed by my boss and by the two women I would be working with. All three women asked the same questions: why I wanted to work for the university, why I was interested in the particular position, an experience in a previous position where I faced a challenging situation dealing with peer/boss/customer and how I handled it.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my start date.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Regis University.

I applied to the position posted on their website and was contacted within two weeks by the hiring manager. First, we scheduled a phone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes to an hour and then one week later an in-person interview. I wore a nice professional looking sweater, slacks and flats which seemed appropriate. At the in-person interview, parking was free and I had to walk less than 10 minutes from my car to the building. It was easy to find my way around the campus. I met first individually with the hiring manager and then in a small group of four people. They were all professional, but also quite friendly with me and with each other, which felt very nice. They took turns asking questions, which were fairly standard, mostly about my previous experiences in various academic settings. Nothing was odd, tricky or unexpected. The interview lasted a bit over an hour and I left with a good impression that they were really doing their best to hire someone who was a good match for the job. Less than a week later, the hiring manager called me and offered me the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a bit about my very early career foundations. I had to think back.   Answer Question
    No negotiation is really possible as they had a set, posted salary for this position.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Regis University in August 2013.

Highly unusual process where you interact with other candidates through an assessment. Included a topical presentation, assessment of peer dynamics, creative exercises, team problem-solving activities, a lengthy exercise on Jesuit values, essays, and multiple interviews. Interviews skewed to religious foundation more than academic qualifications.

Interview Questions

Organizational culture appeared dysfunctional.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Quite typical - fill out application form, potential phone interview, in-person interview tends to occur with a panel, provide references. Can take a while before you hear back.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Regis mission? Note, this is not your typical company mission statement - read up on the website.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiations are not available.

Work Study Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Regis University in March 2012.

I completed multiple Interviews at Regis for different departments. They were pretty simple, behavioral questions. They wanted to see how I would fit in the different departments.
    The pharmacy school wanted to see if I could remain confidential.
    CSIS wanted to know my web developing skills.
    Relations wanted to know my skills in using cameras.
    KRCX, my personality.
    Resident Assistant, my compassionate, yet leadership experience.
    CA, my ability to work with others.

All had a fundamental goal to see how I work with the other people.

Non negotiable. 7/64/hr.