Regus

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

I submitted my application online after seeing the opening on craiglist. Within 48 hours I was contacted by the Area Director. After a brief phone conversation, we agreed to have an in-person interview the following week. The interview took place at their office. Two area directors conducted the interview. Both were personable and professional. The interview went well with both saying I was a top candidate. They said the next steps would be an in-depth online test followed by a skype interview with the Regional Director. I took the online test the next day and received the results immediately. The results indicated that I did very well and fit the profile of what they described as their ideal candidate. That was three weeks ago. I have yet to hear from the Regional Director regarding an interview; nor have I received any response to the follow up email sent to the area director. If an offer was to be made, I doubt that I would give it much consideration.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unusual. The interview was straightforward and without high pressure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regus.

Initial phone contact/short interview. Then met with one current GM for face-to-face interview. Scheduled and had 2nd interview with another current GM. Was SUPPOSED to have face-to-face interview with Regional Manager - never happened. Ended up having phone interview.
    All the way through the process, I was provided VERY positive feedback as to my qualifications and responses to interview questions. Encouraged to contact GM's with questions while waiting, encouraged to 'stay in touch'. When I did, no replies - ever.
    NO FOLLOW UP after that - even when "promised" that I would be contacted either way. Contacted GM and RM and no replies.
    For a company that portrays an image of 'higher' class and integrity, I find it unconscionable that there would be no follow up on a position that they seem to regard as highly important and valued.
    I also feel that it is unnecessary and insulting to basically mislead candidates as to their chances of moving forward to a job offer - and even MORE insulting to not follow up.

Interview Questions
    • None - very typical "tell me about a time when..." questions. Situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Regus in October 2014.

Was called by HR/recruiter who worked for the company and was told about the company and she did a quick phone screening with me. I then set up an interview. Before the interview I had to take an assessment that was pretty extensive and a personality test online. The first interview was pretty basic with a district manager and lasted about an hour. I was then called back and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager. This interview was rescheduled once before it actually took place. I had the phone interview and thought it went well. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I had been in touch with original HR rep through the entire process but I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks after the 2nd interview. Finally the first manager I interviewed with emailed me and said that she apologized for the length of time if took to get back to me and I was then told that the structure and processes of the company has been changing and they are no longer doing any hiring at this time. She said she would keep my info on file bc she liked me but wouldn't be hiring for a few months. Very frustrating. Felt like a waste of time and energy. Also frustrating bc I was told when they first called me that they were hiring for 8 open positions.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter from TX. The interview was set up within the next fews day with the Area Manager. The interview was very traditional. I then toured the location with the current manager . The staff was very polite and inviting. I liked the atmosphere and company from what I saw initially.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the same question twice - Can I explain my sales process?   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

Online application system is adequate but not glitch-free. Recruiters or hiring managers don't update the status of applications or jobs regularly. Several jobs were posted as open, but actually filled. Automated responses are somewhat vague and not helpful.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Waited several days before any followup on next steps. Hiring decision was made based on unknown factor.

I sure hope Regus treats their employees better than they treat employee candidates.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regus in June 2014.

First round of interview was very informal, lacked very little information on the job. They asked for cover letter yet the recruiter did not have it or review it. Very few probing questions seemed more interested why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How I go about reaching my sales goals. I thought this was quite vague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regus in May 2014.

The Hr recruiter tried to recruit me last year. But now I know why I did go for it. I was contact by a recruiter inTX. Had phone interview. Next day had interview with Area manager, a week later an interview with the RVP. I waited almost 2 hours at the first interview and the second I had to drive to Orange county for that one. Area manager was cool, the RVP had the personality of cardboard, then I heard nothing and then today I get a general email saying I was not selected by feel free to create an search engine with our job site.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Regus in May 2014.

Approached by a recruiter and had 1 additional phone interview with area manager and 1 in-person interview with a neighboring city. Standard interview questions, facility was very nice and the staff seemed friendly.Compensation does not sound in-line with responsibility or level of sales experience needed. Most successful sales people make a lot more than what has been implied as the salary and commission.

Interview Questions
    • Expected interview questions. I suggest knowing your own strength and weakness. Prepare with difficult interview questions, you can google them and have responses ready.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Regus in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter back in Texas - found resume online. We spoke and I did their online application, and two assessments and I believe by the results that I did well. I was in the process of moving to a new market so my information was sent on to another recruiter where they had two positions open but I never heard from her after several attempts to connect - I assume she was not interested. Would have been a nice gesture to just say, "sorry we are not interested" but my emails went unanswered. Not the professionalism I would have expected from a well respected company in this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Only did a telephone interview with recruiter   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

This is a company, like the overwhelming majority of companies, that don't know how to interview. Too much reliance here on filling out a lengthy form filled with unnatural questions that often start with, "Tell me about a time....." Who talks like this in real life? It's robotic, Are you hiring a robot or a human? Then you need to have a human conversation. Don't count on that happening, though. Corporate is staffed with people who have been doing it the corporate way for so lonf, they don't know what's right - only what's corporate.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time blah, blah, blah, blah"......A half-dozen variations of this nonsense.   Answer Question

Distance to travel to the site they wanted to put me in was way too far away.