Regus General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.9

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Regus.

Interview

mind boggling outcome. I went through 4 interviews and was verbally offered the job over the phone, was told I would receive an offer letter shortly. A week goes by and they call me and say I actually have one more interview. Interview once again, and it "isn't a good fit."

Interview Questions

• How would I inspire someone on my team who may not be producing sales as well as they should?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Regus

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Regus.

Interview

1st Recuriter contact me to schedule 1st interview, 2nd GM interview and tour of a center, 3rd Area Director conducted a scripted interview, 4th Recuriter made offer, 5th I counter offered, 6th I accecpted.

General Manager Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online after seeing the opening on craiglist. Within 48 hours I was contacted by the Area Director. After a brief phone conversation, we agreed to have an in-person interview the following week. The interview took place at their office. Two area directors conducted the interview. Both were personable and professional. The interview went well with both saying I was a top candidate. They said the next steps would be an in-depth online test followed by a skype interview with the Regional Director. I took the online test the next day and received the results immediately. The results indicated that I did very well and fit the profile of what they described as their ideal candidate. That was three weeks ago. I have yet to hear from the Regional Director regarding an interview; nor have I received any response to the follow up email sent to the area director. If an offer was to be made, I doubt that I would give it much consideration.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. The interview was straightforward and without high pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regus (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial phone contact/short interview. Then met with one current GM for face-to-face interview. Scheduled and had 2nd interview with another current GM. Was SUPPOSED to have face-to-face interview with Regional Manager - never happened. Ended up having phone interview.
    All the way through the process, I was provided VERY positive feedback as to my qualifications and responses to interview questions. Encouraged to contact GM's with questions while waiting, encouraged to 'stay in touch'. When I did, no replies - ever.
    NO FOLLOW UP after that - even when "promised" that I would be contacted either way. Contacted GM and RM and no replies.
    For a company that portrays an image of 'higher' class and integrity, I find it unconscionable that there would be no follow up on a position that they seem to regard as highly important and valued.
    I also feel that it is unnecessary and insulting to basically mislead candidates as to their chances of moving forward to a job offer - and even MORE insulting to not follow up.

Interview Questions

• None - very typical "tell me about a time when..." questions. Situational and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Regus (Greenwich, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from them to place me into this position. It was great until my last interview when the VP of sales for the northeast did not know she was having a phone interview until about 2 mins. prior to our phone call. I went through 3 different interviews and had a test to take online.

Interview Questions

• Past history
      Sales goals
      Operational experience
      Management experience
      Why this would be perfect for you and how you would benefit the company

1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none for me. They gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regus (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interview was via Video Conferencing. Hiring process was quick, less than two weeks. Excellent! Thorough in their process and procedure. Good on managing expectations. Human Resource personnel are actually supportive and informative.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions. Be accountable and demonstrate a history of setting goals and attaining them   Answer Question

Negotiation

if they talk about a salary range, make sure you nail down a specific salary

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Regus in October 2014.

Interview

Was called by HR/recruiter who worked for the company and was told about the company and she did a quick phone screening with me. I then set up an interview. Before the interview I had to take an assessment that was pretty extensive and a personality test online. The first interview was pretty basic with a district manager and lasted about an hour. I was then called back and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager. This interview was rescheduled once before it actually took place. I had the phone interview and thought it went well. The phone interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. I had been in touch with original HR rep through the entire process but I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks after the 2nd interview. Finally the first manager I interviewed with emailed me and said that she apologized for the length of time if took to get back to me and I was then told that the structure and processes of the company has been changing and they are no longer doing any hiring at this time. She said she would keep my info on file bc she liked me but wouldn't be hiring for a few months. Very frustrating. Felt like a waste of time and energy. Also frustrating bc I was told when they first called me that they were hiring for 8 open positions.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Regus in August 2014.

Interview

I applied directly with a recruiter. I received a call from the recruiter to do a 30-minute phone screen. The following day, I spoke to the recruiter who scheduled an in-person interview with the District Manager for the following week in a nearby city. The interview prior to mine, ran over by about 20 minutes, but it was not a problem for me. I was not given a tour of the office. We just went to an empty office to begin. The District Manager had worked for the same company as I did, in the same position, so we already had a rapport. Other than a couple of basic personality questions, he did not ask me anything else, saying, "well, I already know exactly what you would say since I did the same job". It lasted less than a half hour, but I felt it went well and thought he liked me. A few days letter, I received an email from the recruiter saying they did not wish to proceed with the process. I was disappointed and felt I was not given a chance to prove myself due to the District Manager and I having had the same background.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter from TX. The interview was set up within the next fews day with the Area Manager. The interview was very traditional. I then toured the location with the current manager . The staff was very polite and inviting. I liked the atmosphere and company from what I saw initially.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the same question twice - Can I explain my sales process?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

Interview

Online application system is adequate but not glitch-free. Recruiters or hiring managers don't update the status of applications or jobs regularly. Several jobs were posted as open, but actually filled. Automated responses are somewhat vague and not helpful.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Waited several days before any followup on next steps. Hiring decision was made based on unknown factor.

I sure hope Regus treats their employees better than they treat employee candidates.