Regus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Regus.

Submitted resume online. Was called for a screening phone call a few months later on a Friday afternoon. The interviewer (turns out she was the "general manager" of the office in question) seemed really interested and wanted to set up an in-person interview and your for the following week. She said she would send an email with information and some times that would work and we would nail a time down at the beginning of the week.
    No email came. When I called at the beginning of the week to follow up, she informed me that she had decided to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know about my background and experience. No specific questions about customer service or behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regus in August 2014.

It seems the entire employment screening process is given almost obsessive consideration...to the point of annoying excess.

First, the online application is redundant AND repetitive. It asks the usual questions, allows for uploading a resume (which one would assume someone would read), then the screening software sorts through the uploaded resume and forces applicants to correct, re-type and submit the same information all over again.

Second, I was asked asked to complete a short online exam with questions designed to evaluate whether I was capable and qualified to work in my desired position. Some of the questions were oddly worded, making it difficult to respond properly.

Third, when I was contacted to be interviewed, the meeting was brief and highly structured. The interviewer followed a pre-printed corporate form which contained questions and boxes in which he was to write down my answers verbatim. Not very personal. I did not feel the interviewer was comfortable with such a structured format either.

Fourth, after a week passed, I received an email asking me for a second interview. This time, I was to meet with a higher level interviewer. When I confirmed the interview, I attached my resume for her convenience. I arrived at her office 15 minutes early, but she did not see me until over 25 minutes later (no reason given). She introduced herself and called me by someone ELSE'S name. When I chuckled and professionally corrected her, she responded "Well, I'll just call you (so and so) for the time you're here, anyway." Gee, thanks. As we entered her office, she asked to see my resume so she could review it. I mentioned that I had ALREADY sent her a copy when I confirmed my appointment (it was obvious she hadn't even read it--explaining why she didn't know my name). She responded...so you didn't bring a resume...huh. That's a real test of your professionalism, I guess. Hmmm. That's the pot calling the kettle black, I guess.

The second interview was nearly a repeat of the first. Pre-written questions read to me from a form, repeated to me for clarity, then my answers taken down verbatim. One wonders if those interviewing potential employees are given free reign to think freely at Regus. I have no idea who eventually evaluated my answers.

Fifth, I waited for two weeks for SOME response before hearing anything from either manager at Regus about status of the position I applied for. So, I sent the first interviewer a brief email to "test the waters" and the next day received a cold, pre-formatted "ding email" that complimented me on all my terrific strengths, but informing me I did not meet the qualifications of the position I applied for. I would have believed that if I hadn't 35 years of experience performing exactly the same tasks they required! In fact, the first manager had already previously informed me that I was so experienced that I was a "shoe-in" for the position and that "the interviews were just a formality." Well, I guess the shoe DIDN'T fit!

Sixth, in the end, I discovered that NONE of my referrals were ever contacted by Regus. It seems that somewhere between the first and second interviews I fell out of contention. I think Regus probably prefers younger, more attractive, early-career people who can "WOW" their clients. I'm just a middle-aged, disabled, person who doesn't look as sexy and perky as the rest of the people I observed in the position I applied for. But hey, that's the way the world works nowadays...

Final thought...if you want to work for Regus as a Customer Service Representative, you'll need to be young, attractive, slim, technologically savvy, highly ambitious and able to provide outstanding customer service. You will make good window dressing for up-selling Regus' clientele. Highly experienced, highly qualified, older and disabled people need not apply.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult people...and cite a specific situation from your experience.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

The interviewers were 20 minutes late, there was zero apologies. There were two interviewers who did not acknowledge their lack of punctuality. After introductions they sat down and started asking questions about my education and work history. After each answer one of the interviews would nod their head negatively and mark an 'x' on their interview sheet, the other did the same but without demeaning head motions. Eventually when the interview concluded I received an email regarding reasons why they did not want to hire me. The chief reason was because I knew multiple languages, which was the interviewer told me: "Was an unnecessary talent and is only useful unless you know the right language, I for example, know Spanish, which is spoken in multiple countries."

Both interviews were condescending in addition to interrupting me between my half-spoken answer to speed through more questions.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Starts with an online exam, followed by a telephone screening, then up to 3 interviews. It is a long process, but there are a lot of different opportunities. Come prepared to speak to the website and what the company does.

Interview Questions
    • What is Regus (come prepared to answer what Regus is, do your research)   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter from TX. The interview was set up within the next fews day with the Area Manager. The interview was very traditional. I then toured the location with the current manager . The staff was very polite and inviting. I liked the atmosphere and company from what I saw initially.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the same question twice - Can I explain my sales process?   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Regus in July 2014.

Online application system is adequate but not glitch-free. Recruiters or hiring managers don't update the status of applications or jobs regularly. Several jobs were posted as open, but actually filled. Automated responses are somewhat vague and not helpful.

One phone interview and one in-person interview. Waited several days before any followup on next steps. Hiring decision was made based on unknown factor.

I sure hope Regus treats their employees better than they treat employee candidates.

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at Regus in June 2014.

This was a very lengthy interview process where you met with a number of different people at different locations over the course of a few weeks. Many asked the same questions. It was a lot of time spent interviewing for not a very high level position.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Regus.

Above average, pretty in depth for a front desk receptionist position. Lots of questions about experience with mail sorting, call volume, scheduling conference rooms, ability to keep things confidential etc.

Interview Questions
    • They abide by a formal, lengthy interview question session.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regus in June 2014.

First round of interview was very informal, lacked very little information on the job. They asked for cover letter yet the recruiter did not have it or review it. Very few probing questions seemed more interested why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How I go about reaching my sales goals. I thought this was quite vague.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Regus in June 2014.

There are two interviews you will go through. The first interview being with the GM of the center you are applying for. Then a secondary interview with another GM, just to get a second opinion on the prospective hire.The interview was very casual. The questions were based on my qualifications for the job and past experiences. Mostly what made me think I could flourish in a Regus environment.