Reingold

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reingold

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reingold in October 2014.

I submitted my application online and received an email a few days later inviting me for an in-person interview. Even though I am not based in the DC area, Reingold did not offer to pay for my transportation costs (which I found tasteless) or offer a Skype interview instead.

I met with 4 members of the Communications team and completed a 1-hour written case study (condense a 6-page research paper into 1 page). Afterwards, the HR lead said the team was thrilled with me and they were prepared to make me an offer after speaking with additional higher-ups over the phone in a few days.

However, just 3 days later, the HR lead emailed me saying the team chose another candidate. She did not reference the fact that she told me Reingold was going to make me an offer. I have never had a company lie to me outright and was stunned at their lack of professionalism.

This was by far the most negative interview experience I've ever had.

Communications Associate Interview

You have several rounds of interviews. There may be a timed writing test where you have one hour to complete a difficult summary. After you are interviewed, everyone meets to discuss if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    I gave a salary range and they offered something in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reingold in April 2013.

I found the position online at indeed.com and applied, sending my resume, cover letter and writing sample. Four days later I got an email about a writing challenge, instructing me to completely rewrite a poorly written press release.

A week later I was invited to a Skype interview with a Senior Associate and a Project Manager, which included standard behavioral questions. During the interview the individuals discussed the types of projects they were working on, as well as talked about their experience within Reingold.

The final round was another Skype interview with higher-ups. By then I already had an offer; they were receptive to my time requirements. I was able to negotiate a higher salary because my competing offer paid slightly more (they matched the offer).

The process moved very quickly (one of the fastest turnarounds I had in my job hunt); the employees I encountered were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Which aspect of the communications realm most excites you?   Answer Question

Better opportunity at other offer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reingold.

Best to go through a connection, like most firms (especially smaller ones) they are far more willing to hire based on referrals (I believe they give particular preference to military veterans which is great). First interview seemed to be mainly informational, discussing the company and their clients, brief questions about my resume, experience, etc., after which scheduled a time to take a "writing test". Test was rewriting a Press Release within an allotted time of 1 hour.

After writing test (which I assume I passed) I had an in-person interview at their office with a senior manager and I believe a partner. Standard questions, mainly asking about my background and how I would handle specific situations with their clients.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what I liked least about the oldest job listed on my resume, which was an internship. Maybe not out of left field but always tough to answer this question.   Answer Question

Decided to accept at a larger firm w/ higher salary and better benefits. Offer wasn't bad but definitely lower salary than "big boys". Had a great office space and some cool clients if you're into working with military vets, government agencies.