Reingold Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

Senior Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. I completed a writing test first and then interview with 3 different people. Interview was fine, writing test was appropriate for the role. But never received any feedback after the interview. I reached out (email and voicemail) to the person who coordinated the interview three times over the course of a month with no replies. I finally contacted one of the people I interviewed with who was responsive but had no info for me. I don't expect much but I do expect a response if I come in for an interview if only to say no thank you. Very unprofessional and guarantees I wouldn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reingold.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview a week and a half after submitting my application for the position. The company representative emailed me requesting that I respond with my availability for an interview on three dates. She included specific details on the interview - that I would need to be there for two hours, would complete an writing challenge and instructions on where to park. After responding with my availability (and requesting the time off from work since the interview was to be in a few days time) I did not hear back from the company. Five days later after I sent a follow-up email I received an email from the representative saying that they were still solidifying their schedule for the week (even though my interview was supposed to be in 1-3 days time) and asking me to complete a writing challenge and send it back to her. I completed it the same day and returned it her. Fast forward two weeks and I have heard nothing back. The position has now changed online and I'm assuming they either filled it or have different needs. I found their approach completely unprofessional and I remain uninterested in employment with this company given their lack of communication and follow-up and basic consideration shown to their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Rewrite the introduction to a company's annual report (writing challenge).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email a few days later inviting me for an in-person interview. Even though I am not based in the DC area, Reingold did not offer to pay for my transportation costs (which I found tasteless) or offer a Skype interview instead. I met with 4 members of the Communications team and completed a 1-hour written case study (condense a 6-page research paper into 1 page). Afterwards, the HR lead said the team was thrilled with me and they were prepared to make me an offer after speaking with additional higher-ups over the phone in a few days. However, just 3 days later, the HR lead emailed me saying the team chose another candidate. She did not reference the fact that she told me Reingold was going to make me an offer. I have never had a company lie to me outright and was stunned at their lack of professionalism. This was by far the most negative interview experience I've ever had.

Communications Associate Interview

Interview

You have several rounds of interviews. There may be a timed writing test where you have one hour to complete a difficult summary. After you are interviewed, everyone meets to discuss if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave a salary range and they offered something in the middle.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with a human resources team member who reviewed the interview process. Then, I was issued a writing challenge that tested my communications skills for a faux campaign. This was followed by an informal behavioral interview with different members of the consulting practice.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I found the position online at indeed.com and applied, sending my resume, cover letter and writing sample. Four days later I got an email about a writing challenge, instructing me to completely rewrite a poorly written press release. A week later I was invited to a Skype interview with a Senior Associate and a Project Manager, which included standard behavioral questions. During the interview the individuals discussed the types of projects they were working on, as well as talked about their experience within Reingold. The final round was another Skype interview with higher-ups. By then I already had an offer; they were receptive to my time requirements. I was able to negotiate a higher salary because my competing offer paid slightly more (they matched the offer). The process moved very quickly (one of the fastest turnarounds I had in my job hunt); the employees I encountered were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which aspect of the communications realm most excites you?   Answer Question

Better opportunity at other offer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reingold (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Best to go through a connection, like most firms (especially smaller ones) they are far more willing to hire based on referrals (I believe they give particular preference to military veterans which is great). First interview seemed to be mainly informational, discussing the company and their clients, brief questions about my resume, experience, etc., after which scheduled a time to take a "writing test". Test was rewriting a Press Release within an allotted time of 1 hour. After writing test (which I assume I passed) I had an in-person interview at their office with a senior manager and I believe a partner. Standard questions, mainly asking about my background and how I would handle specific situations with their clients.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I liked least about the oldest job listed on my resume, which was an internship. Maybe not out of left field but always tough to answer this question.   Answer Question

Decided to accept at a larger firm w/ higher salary and better benefits. Offer wasn't bad but definitely lower salary than "big boys". Had a great office space and some cool clients if you're into working with military vets, government agencies.