Reinhart FoodService

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.5

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService.

Not impressed. Had two phone screens, was invited onsite for an interview and then promised I would receive a follow up call the next day. They never had the decency or professional courtesy to follow-up.. Quite frankly I think they are rascist. Not much diversity in their workforce except for their drivers..

Interview Questions
    • Questions were more a review of background vs. situational. A lot of questions around how I have handled unions in the past.   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService.

It was okay. I submitted my application - they gave me a call - I had my first interview with the boss of my department and the head of my division. They said they would review our interview and then call me back for a second interview if they were interested - they actually just called and offered me the job - there was no second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be that difficult. I already had the background to answer most of their questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much to it. It was a better job and it paid better than my former job.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService in October 2012.

Pretty easy interview, but if you have any sort of personality chances are you aren't getting the job. Very dry interviewers. Company is great though and seems like they take care of their people.

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService in May 2012.

It started with a phone interview to wittle down the candidates. A week later I got a call and was offered an interview with two of my would-be bosses. Three days later I got a call from one of them wanting me to interview with her boss. A day after that, before I even got a thank-you letter sent, I was offered the job pending the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Descibe a time when you had to handle a tough customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your computer skills?   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate anything and was not interested in doing so because I was more interested in the job itself.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService in May 2011.

Fill out app. Get a call for interview. If both parties interested by end of interview, you're sent for drug analysis. Background check. If you clear all steps, from time app is turned in, takes about 2 weeks til you start. They were upfront about how the job is demanding and what to expect. Lied a little bit on caring about their employees. They do, but not all the time.

Interview Questions
    • Was told up front, this is a very hard, physically demanding job. No sugar coating. Are you able and willing to perform these tasks at all times in any type of weather?   Answer Question
    No negotiations really. They give an offer of how they pay, which is a combination pay for my position, consisting of number of stops, actual miles driven and number of pieces of product delivered successfully into a store, which averaged between 250 and 400 a day, 5 days a week. Seldom asked to work a Saturday.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reinhart FoodService in January 2009.

They had the corporate sales manager interview me at a hotel, he showed very little interest in me, I didn't expect to hear back. And when I did hear back I wasn't sure I wanted to take it. But then I interviewed with the regional boss and he was very cool and I thought he was the kind of guy I could work for. They called me later and after a little back and forth we agreed on a starting salary. Then I went to a local clinic for a drug test. Then to the main office for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions
    • They did a little role playing in the interview, they pretended to be an upset customer and wanted to know my response to the problem.   Answer Question
    They offered me the max of the range I asked for but told me I'd have to pay my own car/gas/phone bill. I asked for a couple grand more and they went for it.

Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reinhart FoodService.

Was contacted by HR after submitting resume online. Took assessment (really odd questions that had nothing to do with the position). Then contacted by area sales manager for interview. Nice guy and upfront regarding hours and pay (six days a week for 40 to 45k)

Interview Questions
    • The assessment questions. Example: "You jump on a bus going 25mph for 20 minutes, then you ride a bike for 15 minutes at 15mph. How far have you gone?" Really?   View Answer