Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Very professional and concise. The recruiter was knowledgeable about the position and was prepared for the phone call. She contacted me quickly upon applying for the position and her assistant called to set up the interview. She called me on time with a list of relevant questions. She allowed me 30 minutes and that was time to also answer some of my questions. She gave me a timeline to expect the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• How my experience aligned with the position detailed in the job description   Answer Question

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Pthere nwas a phone interview with a human resources worker to start off the process in April, and then after that I was invited to the office for a face to face interview with my now boss and her boss. The interview lasted about an hour, although it was scheduled for two. Other interns such as the actuarial ones had to go to a whole day of mini interviews in the Fall.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiance do I have with investment topics?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

First phone interview with HR. 30 minutes. General behavior questions. Then I was invited to the "actuarial blitz day", the on-site interview. Three interviews with 3 actuaries from different departments. 30 minutes for each.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions. Nothing unexpected. Why do you want to be an actuary? What do you know about RGA?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in their Global R&D department for an intern position during the school year. I was contacted by email then set up the interview two weeks later by phone the the HR rep. The interview consisted of four rounds of employees interviewing me and basically getting to know me well. I did not get the offer, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to pursue a career in actuarial science?   1 Answer

Claim Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in August 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing company out of college with no prior related experience. Went to the interview and met with an HR Representative who asked basic background questions. Then met with two managers who asked more analytic and situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use analytic skills in the work place or school?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Pre-Screen

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with stress   1 Answer

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Fairly straightforward and easy. Little to no technical questions were asked. Concerns were primarily if I understood I would be working in a sweatshop and if I was ok with that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made a lateral move salary- wise. I did not attempt to negotiate- the salary and benefits were fair.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when the project you are working on changes its direction completely   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 people,2+2+1 by people I would be reporting to and working with. Very nice people. Behavioral questions and professional questions. Asking about your actuarial knowledge and intern experience.

Interview Questions

• Your work experiences with VBA?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is phone interview and second is onsite. Totally 10 candidates were chosen for the second round and the HR and other stuffs really welcome the candidates when we were visiting. Free lunch at their cafe and the vice president and senior manager gave us introduction about RGA. The after showing us around the company,each candidate was assigned a room for two interviews. The first was with the supervisor, and the second was with your direct co-worker. Their summer internship is fulltime and the paid is good. Get started early!

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years? What's is your long-term goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask your reasonable salary with reasons, like the degree-related,or experience etc.