Reinsurance Group of America

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.8

Process Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in December 2010.

I interviewed with at least 5 different people on 4 different occasions. At one point I was called back for a 4th interview where I was asked to come into the office yet again. This particular interview was with individuals I had previously interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group of individuals that were difficult to gauge and how did you handle it.   View Answer

I declined the offer because during the time they were trying to make a decision to an extend an offer I was promoted at my current employer and believed that it would be best to stay where I was.

Oracle Data Warehouse Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in January 2012.

Straight forward Oracle questions..datawarehouse star & snow flake schema..partitions, indexing

Investment Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in November 2012.

They have a list of standard questions. For everyone, they asked one or two questions about yourself as warming up. And then they went through the list of questions one by one. All of them are behavioral questions, eg. describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc. The director of HR is always smiling and helped you come up with your stories, but the VP of the investment department was really poker face. I think quantitative skills are kind of important for the position, at least this time.

Interview Questions
    • describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2013.

Interviewed by 5 people,2+2+1 by people I would be reporting to and working with.
    Very nice people. Behavioral questions and professional questions. Asking about your actuarial knowledge and intern experience.

Claim Examiner Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in August 2014.

I got the interview through a staffing company out of college with no prior related experience. Went to the interview and met with an HR Representative who asked basic background questions. Then met with two managers who asked more analytic and situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to use analytic skills in the work place or school?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in September 2014.

I interviewed for a position in their Global R&D department for an intern position during the school year. I was contacted by email then set up the interview two weeks later by phone the the HR rep. The interview consisted of four rounds of employees interviewing me and basically getting to know me well. I did not get the offer, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue a career in actuarial science?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

I enjoyed the interview process. First of all, there was a observation test where they gave you names and amounts, and if the amount was in a certain range you had to note it with a A, a higher amount B etc. Then I had to do a personality test on their computer, it was very basic.

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source – interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Fairly straightforward and easy. Little to no technical questions were asked. Concerns were primarily if I understood I would be working in a sweatshop and if I was ok with that.

Interview Questions
    I made a lateral move salary- wise. I did not attempt to negotiate- the salary and benefits were fair.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in January 2013.

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is phone interview and second is onsite. Totally 10 candidates were chosen for the second round and the HR and other stuffs really welcome the candidates when we were visiting. Free lunch at their cafe and the vice president and senior manager gave us introduction about RGA. The after showing us around the company,each candidate was assigned a room for two interviews. The first was with the supervisor, and the second was with your direct co-worker. Their summer internship is fulltime and the paid is good. Get started early!

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself in 5 years? What's is your long-term goal?   View Answer
    Ask your reasonable salary with reasons, like the degree-related,or experience etc.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2014.

Phone Pre-Screen