Reinsurance Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in December 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with at least 5 different people on 4 different occasions. At one point I was called back for a 4th interview where I was asked to come into the office yet again. This particular interview was with individuals I had previously interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group of individuals that were difficult to gauge and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

I declined the offer because during the time they were trying to make a decision to an extend an offer I was promoted at my current employer and believed that it would be best to stay where I was.

Oracle Data Warehouse Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Straight forward Oracle questions..datawarehouse star & snow flake schema..partitions, indexing

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 people,2+2+1 by people I would be reporting to and working with. Very nice people. Behavioral questions and professional questions. Asking about your actuarial knowledge and intern experience.

Interview Questions

• Your work experiences with VBA?   1 Answer

Investment Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in November 2012.

Interview

They have a list of standard questions. For everyone, they asked one or two questions about yourself as warming up. And then they went through the list of questions one by one. All of them are behavioral questions, eg. describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc. The director of HR is always smiling and helped you come up with your stories, but the VP of the investment department was really poker face. I think quantitative skills are kind of important for the position, at least this time.

Interview Questions

• describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

3 hours ...too long. Alot of exams and psychologic test also. French and English and phone interview. Even if you pass the tests it does not mean you have the job. You must fit with the company and your team.

Interview Questions

• Back Check on your financial situation   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

Very professional and concise. The recruiter was knowledgeable about the position and was prepared for the phone call. She contacted me quickly upon applying for the position and her assistant called to set up the interview. She called me on time with a list of relevant questions. She allowed me 30 minutes and that was time to also answer some of my questions. She gave me a timeline to expect the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• How my experience aligned with the position detailed in the job description   Answer Question

Claim Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in August 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a staffing company out of college with no prior related experience. Went to the interview and met with an HR Representative who asked basic background questions. Then met with two managers who asked more analytic and situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use analytic skills in the work place or school?   Answer Question

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Pthere nwas a phone interview with a human resources worker to start off the process in April, and then after that I was invited to the office for a face to face interview with my now boss and her boss. The interview lasted about an hour, although it was scheduled for two. Other interns such as the actuarial ones had to go to a whole day of mini interviews in the Fall.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiance do I have with investment topics?   Answer Question

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Fairly straightforward and easy. Little to no technical questions were asked. Concerns were primarily if I understood I would be working in a sweatshop and if I was ok with that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made a lateral move salary- wise. I did not attempt to negotiate- the salary and benefits were fair.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. First of all, there was a observation test where they gave you names and amounts, and if the amount was in a certain range you had to note it with a A, a higher amount B etc. Then I had to do a personality test on their computer, it was very basic.