Reinsurance Group of America

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time when the project you are working on changes its direction completely   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Pre-Screen

Interview Question – How do you cope with stress   View Answer

Senior Underwriting Consultant Interview

Senior Underwriting Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward and easy. Little to no technical questions were asked. Concerns were primarily if I understood I would be working in a sweatshop and if I was ok with that.

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made a lateral move salary- wise. I did not attempt to negotiate- the salary and benefits were fair.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is phone interview and second is onsite. Totally 10 candidates were chosen for the second round and the HR and other stuffs really welcome the candidates when we were visiting. Free lunch at their cafe and the vice president and senior manager gave us introduction about RGA. The after showing us around the company,each candidate was assigned a room for two interviews. The first was with the supervisor, and the second was with your direct co-worker. Their summer internship is fulltime and the paid is good. Get started early!

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in 5 years? What's is your long-term goal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask your reasonable salary with reasons, like the degree-related,or experience etc.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant

I interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 5 people,2+2+1 by people I would be reporting to and working with.
Very nice people. Behavioral questions and professional questions. Asking about your actuarial knowledge and intern experience.

Interview Question – Your work experiences with VBA?   View Answer

Oracle Data Warehouse Developer Interview

Oracle Data Warehouse Developer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in January 2012.

Interview Details – Straight forward Oracle questions..datawarehouse star & snow flake schema..partitions, indexing

Interview Question – partitioning types   View Answer

Investment Intern Interview

Investment Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in November 2012.

Interview Details – They have a list of standard questions. For everyone, they asked one or two questions about yourself as warming up. And then they went through the list of questions one by one. All of them are behavioral questions, eg. describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc. The director of HR is always smiling and helped you come up with your stories, but the VP of the investment department was really poker face. I think quantitative skills are kind of important for the position, at least this time.

Interview Question – describe a most challenging time you came across, how did you deal with disagreements within a team, etc.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Process Analyst Interview

Process Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Reinsurance Group of America in December 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with at least 5 different people on 4 different occasions. At one point I was called back for a 4th interview where I was asked to come into the office yet again. This particular interview was with individuals I had previously interviewed with.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a group of individuals that were difficult to gauge and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because during the time they were trying to make a decision to an extend an offer I was promoted at my current employer and believed that it would be best to stay where I was.

Worked for Reinsurance Group of America? Contribute to the Community!