Reitmans Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reitmans.

Interview

I went through a total of 3 interviews....the first one was short and preliminary to see if they even liked me...second and third questions were about current fashion trends, customer service interactions, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reitmans in April 2014.

Interview

well, i was shopping with my mom and i was building her outfits and the manager asked me to apply and so i said yes. A week later i got a call asking me for an interview so the i went and there was a long list of questions that the manager asked me and i guess i did well cause she asked me to come again the following week for s floor interview and so i had to pretend i worked there for an hours and it was really scary considering i hadn't gotten any training what so ever but i guess i did pretty well cause a week later i got the call saying they hired me and i was thriled.

Interview Questions

• what to do when your coworker is on break, your doing a return at the cash, two people walk in and the phone is ringing?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reitmans (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I responded to an add put on the Carlingwood Shopping Centre website in Ottawa. I went in personally and filled out an application in the store. I received a call a week later, asking me if I was still interested and scheduling an interview. The questions were pretty standard: discuss a team situation that didn't go according to plan?, what is your retail experience?, why do you want to work for Reitman's?, do you have any experience with styling (yourself included)? The rest of the questions were about availability, salary expectations and career goals.

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit and then model it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. It was a seasonal position and I already had another job. I just wanted some extra cash over the holiday season.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reitmans.

Interview

1st interview was a lets meet for coffee with the dsm, was asked "walk me through your résumé". She bought me a coffee and we sat in food court. I did most of the talking, she occasionally asking me to elaborate on specifics from my résumé. No behavioural questions until the 2 nd interview in my case, but usually does happen within structure of a first interview. She told me about the job: expectations, dress code,policy re: hrs to work , benefits , challenges of the job. While casual and informal in manner and location maintained professional demeanour . Was given a mystery type assessment to complete at any of their locations and bring to 2nd interview. At that point I was asked to explain my observations and comments. Also answered the official interview questions she had on a form. Basic what would you do in this situation and why. Candidates must show fashion flair, knowledge of trends, a can- do attitude, collaborative, team building aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over other candidates I am seeing? Why do you want to leave your present job? How would you handle an under performing associate? Have you ever let anyone go, why and when.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room to negotiate, but they have a scale per position based on sales volume. Your ability to negotiate is based on your current and past salary history and the sales volume of the location you are interviewing for. Plus your level of experience at that level.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reitmans (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

A 10 minute phone interview with the District Manager after which I was told I would be called in 2-3 days. I was asked about my basic retail experience, my management experience, my education and about my MBA degree. I was asked situational questions as well as personality profiling questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reitmans (Dartmouth, NS (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I dropped off my resume with the assistant manager and lucked out by getting an interview on the spot. The interview was easier than I expected and the person who did the interview made me feel very comfortable. Some of the questions they asked was "what do you like to do for fun" "How would you spend your first 15 minutes of your shift" "How would you increase sales to meet the daily quota" "How would you establish a relationship with your customer" "What would you do if a customer tried on a pair of pants that you noticed looked bad/ were too tight" .. there was other questions but I can't remember them. She also got me to choose an outfit that I could wear to school and then work as well as some personal questions about my resume and work experience

Interview Questions

• "It is a busy day and you are taking care of a client, the phone is ringing and two new customers just walked in. You need help and your coworker is in the back room. What would you do?"   2 Answers

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reitmans.

Interview

2 interviews with a DM, very good communication in regards to what the expectations were. Explained all about Reitmans, how they began, who owns and oversees Reitmans. Explained her journey so far with Reitmans,how she got started and how quickly she moved up. The process went quite quickly and I felt that I was needed to make a real change and I would be valuable to the team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult, with the experience I have nothing really caught me of guard. I think being prepared going into a interview is the key, be relaxed and take the time to answer if you need it, better to answer it well then to fumble through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know the market and what its offering for the position your interviewing for. Make sure you know what your minimum is and what you feel is fair.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reitmans (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the store manager for part time sales associate positiion in Calgary North Hill centre. It was a 30 minute long question , wherein interviewier asked from a fixed set of questions from a list. Interviewer asked 6 questions. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why have you applied for this job? 3. Tell me about a time when you used your persuasion skills to sell something 4. How do you keep up-to-date with fashion trends. 5 you seem to have a lot of technical software experience , how do you think it is related to the job

Interview Questions

• 1. If a customer speaking with you is not happy with your service and ask to speak to the manager , how would you respond.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reitmans.

Interview

I went online and filled out an application for the store. The interview was done in three stages. One with the Manager, One with Assistant Manager and District Manager. The training provided was adequate. Seven modules.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit that can be changed from day to night   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimum

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Reitmans (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

I came in to leave my resume and fill out a standard application form. I was called back the next day, The Manager told me she would call me back next week for a group interview. I studied very hard and learned a lot about the company.She asked us about why we wanted to work at Reitmans and what my weakness and strengths are. I was asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a call back in 2 days and was called in to sign their package