Related Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.1

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Related Management.

Interview

took the online assessment called for an interview called for a second interview with building manager called back for an interview with the district manager they send you to different locations then when you get the job you will go to the main office to get processed as the new hire

Interview Questions

• if a co-worker promised to help a resident with a problem and it wasn't solved, how would you handle it ?   1 Answer

Affordable Housing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Related Management.

Interview

I initially applied online via a web listing. Literally 3 days later I was called for a phone interview which resulted in the scheduling of a face to face interview. 2 days after the initial contact I went in for my 1st interview, was asked about my job experience, the environment was very calm and the interviewer was very direct and to the point although it seemed like they were multi-tasking. I was given a math test and the interview concluded with notice that if the regional team liked what I had to offer then I would be called for a second interview. 2 weeks later, 2nd interview was scheduled with my direct supervisor, a lot repeated from the first interview, went more into detail about what the position entailed. 2 weeks after that the final interview was with the Regional director and they were more into asking me how I deal with city agencies and what type of portfolio background I had. Also asked for references from my job at the time and said they'd contact me in about a week's time if they decide to hire. 3 days later I got the phonecall that I had gotten the job!

Interview Questions

• What are 3 weaknesses you'd like to work on as it pertains to your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need for a negotation phase due to the substantial increase in salary from my prior employer.

AR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Related Management.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later to schedule a face to face. The interview was quite amusing and not to mention unprofessional. I was actually told negative things about the company and the people from a Manager that should never even be discussed in an interview. Thanks but I'll pass.

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Related Management (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The job interview process consisted of a phone screen with brief questions about job experience and salary. The second process was two phone interviews. One with my District Manager and the Vice President. Interview consisted of brief job overview, questions about my current job experience, went through my resume. Job overview for the position I was applying for. Then I was offered face to face interview with both the DM and the VP. Interview was more so I could meet them. This part was mainly my time to ask them questions and for them to put a face to a name.

Interview Questions

• Past job experience, and if I was comfortable with tasks that would be assigned to me in the position I was apply for.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Related Management (Oakland, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was very fast, phone interview in two days, did a questionnaire/behavioral test right after the phone interview, on-site interview in a week, got the offer the next week. I did not accept the offer because of the location and also the salary offered was not what I expected it to be.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Related Management (East Orange, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied and took online exams then waited for an interview. Interviewed by district manager them the regional manager separately on two separate days. Also had phone interview with someone from compliance at corporate. The interview was not handled professionally. Managers seem to be all over the place multi tasking while in session. I didn't feel that anyone was listening to my responses. I was asked the same questions over and over and was not allowed to respond without interruption.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have in Property Management.   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Related Management (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Stay Away - Very Unprofessional Interview process. It took about 2 months to go through 3 interviews. 2 telephone and 1 face to face. Was told I was one of the three finalist candidates. Emails and phone messages were never returned. They couldn't care less what your goals and accomplishments are. Very uncomfortable situation. Then after the third interview, they gave no info except that I will be contacted in another week with a decision! One week later I get a Do-not-return email from some HR person in another state that said - thank you for you time - but we do not have a position for you. Not even the interviewers had the courtesy to call or email with the verdict - and why they arrived at their decision. You have no idea why you didn't get the job! Never heard another word - very cut and dry process and a waste of your valuable time!

Interview Questions

• All questions were very technical to the real estate management industry.   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Related Management (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy and relaxed. My experience spoke for itself. I cant say much else without revealing my identity. The interviewer was my manager and still recommends me to other companies i have applied after leaving.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working throughout the sale of the property.   1 Answer

Account Receivable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Related Management (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of the department and the director, they discussed the position, my past position, working with various management teams and my goals within that department.

Interview Questions

• What were my long time goals   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Related Management (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Manager interviewing seemed very busy with phone calls and emails during interview, but pleasant nonetheless. You have to complete a non sense test on basic math and grammar.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was direct, but they took weeks before deciding.