RelayHealth

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Deployment Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RelayHealth in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Very HR phone interview. I was scheduled to meet the hiring manager & VP within 3 days of that. 1 week later telephone interview with Sr. VP. Offer was made within 24 hours. There is a drug test given in the middle of the process. They were very prompt in replying to me and answering all my questions.

Interview Question – Not one of them threw a single behavior question or technical. The most challenging question was how did think I could bring in new business, which puzzled me as I the position was not sales. But be prepared to know how your position relates to any value add aspects of the product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate really. I know the salary range for this position. And requested the maximum. They countered with a few thousand less. I stood firm they gave a bonus which met my requirements. BUT WHEN IT CAME TIME FOR PAYOUT THEY DIDNT GIVE THE ENTIRE AMOUNT!!!! They did a 360 based on sales, providers and a lot of baloney. All I can say is I am glad I did not settle for the middle range because raises suck.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RelayHealth in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had only one interview with the Director of Human Resources. The interview process was very quick and she knew right away that she wanted to hire me. I received a call back within a week and I was hired.

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than what I expected.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview Details – An outside recruiter contacted me for a lower level job. I went in for an interview shortly thereafter and heard nothing back. Two weeks later another inside recruiter (that worked for the company) contacted me for a higher role at the company. The recruiter was very friendly and professional and let me know another hiring manager wanted to meet with me. The recruiter briefly asked me what pay I was looking for. I went in for the interview a few days later. Interviewed was moderate in difficulty. It was not a laid back interview but it asked all of the typical questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths. Why are you good for this position etc.

Interview Question – No major curve balls. All typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter contacted me about a day after the interview and let me know I got the job. She told me what they wanted to start me at which was more than what I expected. When the recruiter initially contacted me I had given her a range. They paid me at the higher end of the range and pay grade for the job but left a little room for increase.

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Architect Interview

Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RelayHealth in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was long, difficult, and very challenging. It was worth it, but don't bother wasting their time or yours unless you know your stuff.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to count the change due with a specific number of denominations of coins.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They wanted me to start immediately and I tried to negotiate for more time, but I eventually gave in and it soured my relationship with my previous employer.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview Details – 1. Pre-screen interview with recruiter
2. Interview with hiring and development manager
3. On-site interview with the team in one conference room asking me software engineering and object-oriented principles

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just brush up on OOD/OOP.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview Details – Candidates with prior experience in interface implementation process

Interview Question – Explain interface implementation process you have worked on in your previous project   Answer Question

Senior Software Architect Interview

Senior Software Architect
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview Details – Phone screen, interview with 4 team members

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RelayHealth in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had a call from interviewer, who asked a few questions on .NET
Then had a 1:1 phone interview where there was a brief explanation on the company and what they do
Then had to go for a campus interview which went on for 3 hours where, had to meet a bunch of people. Also had to write an exam

Interview Question – A lot of questions around how you would work. A few technical questions but not specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since I was laid off from my previous job

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RelayHealth in November 2009.

Interview Details – My initial phone interview was postponed because the hiring manager had an emergency. We actually rescheduled for a Saturday and talked for 1.5 hours. A face to face was arranged for the following week. The interview was scheduled for 1p.m. to 4 p.m. I spoke with 4 of the 5 (2 engineers and 3 managers) people I was scheduled to talk to, and the fifth was unavailable. The tech screen went way beyond the time scheduled as one of the engineers went way overboard. I ended up finishing the review at 6 p.m. The company recruiter communicated a very strong interest a he was walking me outside and we started negotiating immediately.

Interview Question – None of the questions were extremely difficult or unexpected, there were just too many. It was almost as if I was being certified.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After expressing interest in me, the recruiter explained that they could not meet my salary requirements as previously discussed. I regretfully accepted an offer that was $4k below what I initially asked for.

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RelayHealth in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 HR interview + 1 Phine technical round + Onsite interview which consists of behavorial interview taken by 3 different people and one 45 minute written techncial interview whcih will be reviewed by them on the spot.

Interview Question – The behavorial round is very time consuming where they will ask all sorts of behavior questions and 3 people will take it at 3 different times.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at RelayHealth

Worked for RelayHealth? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RelayHealth interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by RelayHealth employees and interview candidates.