RelayHealth Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RelayHealth (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

case interviews one market/strategy and another operational, behavioral interviews with leadership team from product line leads to functional leads. networking before interview day. with top candidates across top 10 business school programs

Interview Questions

• would you enter X market? how would you figure out how to allocate R&D spend? we're struggling with X aspect of the implementation process - how would you figure out what the root cause is and fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, including two phone, one in person to meet multiple members of the team. Great variety of team members, fairly straightforward and general interviewing style and questioning. Relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an agile product development company before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, one round of negotiation offered.

Senior Product Manager - Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was one poorly coordinated experience that has resulted in a lot of valuable time wasted. The recruiter seemed largely aloof of the process and not particularly helpful or insightful.
    Here is the run-down:
    1) Got cold contacted by recruiter about my interest in the position. After some back and forth, set up a screen, and that went on to a successful setup of a first phone interview
    2) Had an incredibly positive phone interview with the hiring manager, who struck me as knowledgeable, honest, and insightful, and able to handle challenging and probing questions. The HM thought that my background was a great fit and asked to set up a few additional phone screens with team members.
    3) Phone screens with team members went well, despite scheduling issues where the interviewers did not know about each other's lineup, so they called me SIMULTANEOUSLY. I had to reschedule with one of them because the first one ran over his time by about an extra 30 minutes.
    4) In the meantime, recruiter asked me to screen with one additional team as interest emerged from another hiring manager as well, the SAME DAY. That's a good sign that you are on overall company fit. So I said yes. After that screen, it was apparent to me that the hiring manager from the second team was struggling to find a hire for his role, couldn't explain the role well, and it did not have a good future ahead. So, I withdrew myself from the second team's running and asked to continue on with the first loop since there was great promise there. The recruiter openly criticized my transparency and pushed for another 30 minutes of time with the HM. I politely explained that having spent 4.5 hours on phone screens was sufficient for me to identify whether to move forward and that as a PM, I both admire decisiveness and expect action from myself from sufficient data points. She commented that it made her look bad that a candidate does not want to move forward in a role. OK...
    5) Next, there was some coordination with the parent company, McKesson, for scheduling an onsite. Finally this got scheduled, a day before the interview itself, leaving me strapped for time to prepare.
    6) After carefully reading through the schedule, I figured out that there is going to be a panel with some sort of a presentation in front of it happening the next day. The recruiter had said nothing about that! After emailing her, late in the afternoon I get a confirmation that yes, a case needs to be prepared upfront. That leaves me the night before and early morning to scrape something together. Maybe that's the test.
    7) The morning of the interview, I prepared an outline of my talking points. My interview was only a couple hours away.
    8) When I get to the site, I am escorted to a presentation room. 10 minutes in, I realize that I am in some graduate panel, and not in the my interview room. In the meantime, when I finally landed in the correct room, I was greeted by the hiring manager who asked me if I was ready to share my ...PowerPoint. Surprised, I explained that I had only prepared to walk through a case without specifics, and that generally I'm used to a whiteboard style at case interviews. Then it turns out that there is another interviewer from out of state -- a VP! -- who has been dialed in waiting for my first interview. Again no coordination whatsoever ahead of time, and awkwardness ensues. In this interview, for the first time, I am told what the actual project will be as well, unrelated to their messaging features or anything you may have researched. The VP was very sales focused and eagerly searching for some alas non-digital product background. I did my best and stayed positive throughout, drawing parallels to my distant marketing background and being clear that my focus was on healthcare technology.
    9) Finally came the panel presentation. It went arguably well. Got positive feedback. A few of the comments seemed off the wall and had little to do with my presentation. Each interviewer seemed to have an agenda and wanted to get a question in, no matter how irrelevant or removed from the conversation at hand. A peer PM on the panel told me that my presentation left him in over his head as it was too technical for him, a PM in a supposedly technical division. Another person asked me about my BI experience, and was really adamant for me to contact her after the interview.
    10) After the panel interview, I met again with the hiring manager, and he basically told me I had it in the bag and he had everything he needed to know. He then decided to introduce me to another fellow who wasn't even originally in the loop, to get to know the company some more.
    11) After 2 weeks of silence, I found out that they went for another candidate who apparently was a better fit.

Overall, I spent about 10-11 hours invested in a process that was largely miscoordinated, misguided, and misinformed.

Interview Questions

• What's a project you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about responsive design?   1 Answer
    • What experience with BI do you have?   1 Answer

Implementation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen where manager reviewed questions about the HL7 Analyst roles that were specific to some HL7 standards. After phone screen I completed an in person interview with 4 different managers and one team member. I had to complete a test while at the facility and demonstrate how certain interface development items have been handled in my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were asked about something they do in-house, interviewers should never ask question about there company process because the person you are interviewing has come from a different background and a different organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty simple, I ask for market rate and per my experience I received market rate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview

An outside recruiter contacted me for a lower level job. I went in for an interview shortly thereafter and heard nothing back. Two weeks later another inside recruiter (that worked for the company) contacted me for a higher role at the company. The recruiter was very friendly and professional and let me know another hiring manager wanted to meet with me. The recruiter briefly asked me what pay I was looking for. I went in for the interview a few days later. Interviewed was moderate in difficulty. It was not a laid back interview but it asked all of the typical questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths. Why are you good for this position etc.

Interview Questions

• No major curve balls. All typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter contacted me about a day after the interview and let me know I got the job. She told me what they wanted to start me at which was more than what I expected. When the recruiter initially contacted me I had given her a range. They paid me at the higher end of the range and pay grade for the job but left a little room for increase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

1. Pre-screen interview with recruiter
    2. Interview with hiring and development manager
    3. On-site interview with the team in one conference room asking me software engineering and object-oriented principles

Implementation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RelayHealth.

Interview

Candidates with prior experience in interface implementation process

Interview Questions

• Explain interface implementation process you have worked on in your previous project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth (Emeryville, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a call from interviewer, who asked a few questions on .NET
    Then had a 1:1 phone interview where there was a brief explanation on the company and what they do
    Then had to go for a campus interview which went on for 3 hours where, had to meet a bunch of people. Also had to write an exam

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around how you would work. A few technical questions but not specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since I was laid off from my previous job

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth (Emeryville, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interviews - all behavioral questions. Horrible leadership - they sounded extremely confused on the vision of the department. When asked about short-term career differentiator(s), they didn't know how to build sentences in proper English.

Interview Questions

• How have you addressed bad personalities on your team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RelayHealth (Oakland, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

1 HR interview + 1 Phine technical round + Onsite interview which consists of behavorial interview taken by 3 different people and one 45 minute written techncial interview whcih will be reviewed by them on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The behavorial round is very time consuming where they will ask all sorts of behavior questions and 3 people will take it at 3 different times.   Answer Question