Reliance Industries

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Reliance Industries in January 2008.

Interview Details – Application was made online. Received call via email. Interview was held in one of the hotel business center. Interview Panel consists of two technical people and one HR. Interview lasted for 30 min or so. got call letter within 40 days from date of interview.

Interview Question – Question regarding simulations of oil and gas field   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2009.

Interview Details – Campus interview. There was a general analytic skills written test and a core chemical engineering written test. I passed both. In the interview, core chemical engineering questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Mumbai (India)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reliance Industries in March 2010.

Interview Details – A very well managed process

Negotiation Details – Very good

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Reliance Industries in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hello... I m sharing my placement experience here hoping it will help you get the real feel of process.

Presentation:

HR was very good & had a lot of technical knowledge.
He was process engineer serving reliance from the last 25 years.
Overall: the PPT was as usual boring because the slide containing the package was at the end which is usually awaited by the students...

About the offer they were making included CTC -- 5Lakh and they were
considering persons with 7 CGPA and above from chemical only (B.Tech).

after the PPT, the selection process started:

ROUND 1:
 Aptitude Test : 40 questions , consisting of maths , reasoning ability & english Passage
Moderate Difficulty

technical test ; 50 questions . it consisted of questions from chemical engg. background as i am in a chemical engg branch. the questions were basically based on industrial based problem combined with mass transfer, momentum transfer and thermodynamics.

i attempted 36 questions in aptitude and 37 questions in technical which made my way easy for the next round.

ROUND 2:

Tech + HR Interview :

Interviewer was very friendly around 45 years of age .

HR Interview :
normal questions related to my background.
He also asked me my strength.

Tech Interview :
Questions related to chemical engineering & he was also interested in my summer internship which I did at TATA STEEL.

He asked me some queries related to pump & Distillation column.

NOTE : after being selected you have to undergo a medical examination to get offer letter.

ADVICE : don't panic in interview remain cool & calm.

Interview Questions

• explain pumps, compressor, flow measuring devices like venturi meter, rotameter, etc and valves...   Answer Question
  • how do the controllers: P,PI,PID word with respect to offset. also explain the integrated diagram of input output converters.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reliance Industries in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was easy. People were cordial. It was a 1:2 interview. Questions asked were general.If offered I'll take the position.

Interview Question – What happens when ovation controller is switched off and then on, as in case of power failure.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reliance Industries in August 2007.

Interview Details – initially company presented a pre placement talk.
after which an aptitude test was carried out.
the next step was a grp discussion.
this was followed by an HR interview.
this was then followed by the technical interview.
then offer letter was issued.
medical checkups were carried out and final date of joining was intimated.

Interview Question – what will you do if you are not selected in this organization because i want to hire some of my relative in your place.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reliance Industries

Worked for Reliance Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reliance Industries Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Reliance Industries employees and interview candidates.