Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manipala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Manipala (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview started with the interviewer going through my CV. He spotted a couple of my skills which were from different backgrounds and asked me link them. He then turned his focus on one of the internships, which was more or less the whole theme of the interview. He concluded with a few light noted questions on my personality.

Interview Questions

• The interview focussed on Load Shedding   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Reliance Industries

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There was only one interview in which the Techinical and HR discussion were held. The interview was very interesting and some basic questions were asked. The interview was held for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Warangal (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview took place on campus.First there was a written test followed by two rounds of interviews. The first interview was technical round and the second was a HR round. The questions in the technical round had questions related to the field of study and the HR round had general questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your favorite subject? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a written test which includes an aptitude test and a technical section, both of objective type and personal interview. Both HR and technical questions were asked in this round. Importance was given to core subjects and how we would react as a manager under various circumstances.

Interview Questions

• I am from chemical engineering background and certain terminologies used in plant was asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vāranāsi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Vāranāsi (India)).

Interview

Written test was in two parts, 1) Aptitude : 30 ques in 30 min. 2 marks each. level was medium, included some verbal questions also, cut off was high probably 26 or 27, so you have to be very careful and fast, 2) Technical : 50 ques in 30 min, 1 mark each, level was easy, covered wide range of topics but was not too deep into the subject so you dont have to recall much. Mostly understanding based questions. Aptitude was main criteria i think for Short-listing. Interview: You are supposed to know everything related to your projects and internships. Core knowledge in Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Fractionation towers, thermodynamic cycles is a must. Interview may be casual or stress-based, depending on the interviewer and your luck. Be clear about your Short term and Long term Goals. Be confident and more importantly take the job only if you really wanna get into Reliance, else they are smart enough to know you are not interested.

Interview Questions

• It has happened in some cases in RIL, some crazy interviewer may you to 12th standard chemistry or physics or may talk about higher level core knowledge problems, just to test your stress handling.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

Placement was through campus. There were basically two rounds,first was an objective paper which had 50 technical questions and 50 aptitude based. Next was technical interview. Majority of questions were from mass transfer (distillation) and process control.

Interview Questions

• Distillation column design basics and factors affecting it, what changes are required in order to facilitate increase in throughput (feed)?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two tests: Technical(Chemical/Mechanical) and Aptitude Students from Metallurgical background must write the test for Mechanical students. Expect very few questions of Metallurgy in the paper. The onus is on aptitude paper for the Metallurgists. Aptitude paper was easy. Prepare well for aptitude. CGPA is not a major criteria at least in shortlisting process.

Interview Questions

• No question was asked about the internships. Only one question about a small project. Most of the questions test the fundamentals in Metallurgy (corrosion, welding, physical metallurgy and mechanical metallurgy)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a campus placement.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Guwahati (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Campus recruitment. A particular number of students were called (In my case 40 odd candidates were called) based on the number of vacancies (Not so sure of the ratio, maybe 1:5). There were 2 tests: 1.English 2.Quant & Reasoning. Based on the scores obtained, candidates were called for interview (Some 19-20 were shortlisted). Then there was technical interview. Those who cleared technical interview were called for HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Tech interview was all about training and final year project.   Answer Question
    • HR Interview: Why do you want to join RIL ? What is your dream company? Rank Oil companies in India (Upto 5).   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reliance Industries (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

hiring was for reliance polymer divison.the interviewer was frank and good......simple question releted to field of study...(mechanical).............direct one on one interview (no panel).....the whole process took one day....the results was annonced next day....

Application

Interview

written test interview technical and HR