Reliance Industries Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015

3.1

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There was only one interview in which the Techinical and HR discussion were held. The interview was very interesting and some basic questions were asked. The interview was held for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Reliance Industries

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a written test which includes an aptitude test and a technical section, both of objective type and personal interview. Both HR and technical questions were asked in this round. Importance was given to core subjects and how we would react as a manager under various circumstances.

Interview Questions

• I am from chemical engineering background and certain terminologies used in plant was asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vāranāsi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries (Vāranāsi (India)).

Interview

Written test was in two parts,
    1) Aptitude : 30 ques in 30 min. 2 marks each. level was medium, included some verbal questions also, cut off was high probably 26 or 27, so you have to be very careful and fast,
    2) Technical : 50 ques in 30 min, 1 mark each, level was easy, covered wide range of topics but was not too deep into the subject so you dont have to recall much. Mostly understanding based questions.
    Aptitude was main criteria i think for Short-listing.

Interview:
    You are supposed to know everything related to your projects and internships.
    Core knowledge in Pumps, Heat Exchangers, Fractionation towers, thermodynamic cycles is a must.
    Interview may be casual or stress-based, depending on the interviewer and your luck.
    Be clear about your Short term and Long term Goals.

Be confident and more importantly take the job only if you really wanna get into Reliance, else they are smart enough to know you are not interested.

Interview Questions

• It has happened in some cases in RIL, some crazy interviewer may you to 12th standard chemistry or physics or may talk about higher level core knowledge problems, just to test your stress handling.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview

Placement was through campus. There were basically two rounds,first was an objective paper which had 50 technical questions and 50 aptitude based. Next was technical interview. Majority of questions were from mass transfer (distillation) and process control.

Interview Questions

• Distillation column design basics and factors affecting it, what changes are required in order to facilitate increase in throughput (feed)?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two tests: Technical(Chemical/Mechanical) and Aptitude
    Students from Metallurgical background must write the test for Mechanical students. Expect very few questions of Metallurgy in the paper. The onus is on aptitude paper for the Metallurgists.
    Aptitude paper was easy. Prepare well for aptitude. CGPA is not a major criteria at least in shortlisting process.

Interview Questions

• No question was asked about the internships. Only one question about a small project. Most of the questions test the fundamentals in Metallurgy (corrosion, welding, physical metallurgy and mechanical metallurgy)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a campus placement.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

hiring was for reliance polymer divison.the interviewer was frank and good......simple question releted to field of study...(mechanical).............direct one on one interview (no panel).....the whole process took one day....the results was annonced next day....

Application

Interview

written test
    interview technical and HR

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through campus recruitment. Two initial screening tests were taken - first for mental ability,second for subject evaluation - chemical engineering in my case.On qualifying the tests two rounds of interviews were taken.First round was technical interview where chemical engineering concepts were tested.Those who cleared the first round were sent for second round of HR interview which was very chilled out.Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. were asked.They were basically trying to gauge your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• For technical round - most important topics were fluid mechanics,thermodynamics and heat transfer.Also questions from bachelor project and summer internships were there.

For HR round - Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. What do you know about our company ? Why do you want to work with us?

Answer Question

Negotiation

As it was a campus recruitment process, there were no negotiations as CTC was already announced.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reliance Industries in November 2012.

Interview

Written Aptitude Test : General aptitude questions from topics like seed, distance, time, some logical questions (general red cap blue cap questions)
    Interview : Strictly Technical Interview based on your favourite subjects and company background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All the packages are already fixed.. no negotiation

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vāranāsi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reliance Industries (Vāranāsi (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

I am from metallurgical engineering and I was selected for corrosion department. Hiring process was started with a written test in which 30 aptitude and 50 technical questions were asked. Selected candidates went through two round interview, Technical and HR. In first round interview firstly interviewer asked me about myself. After introduction he asked about my summer internship and some questions from metallurgy field. I gave all answers correctly. Second round was just a formality, he asked about my family background and gave me offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They were checking communication skill and technical knowledge of candidate.   Answer Question