Reliance Industries

Reliance Industries Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reliance Industries.

There was a written test held every year in the fall semester of school (august-december) for which anyone who is in 4th year of engineering can apply. It consists of GATE type questions (multiple choice). Later on they called us at Park Hotel, Calcutta for an interview with a real person. They ask basic questions such as why reliance? etc. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Very few people crack the written test. If you do, then it is a piece of cake after that!   Answer Question

Went for higher studies

Graduate Engineering Trainee ( Mechanical ) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in June 2014.

two round : 1 written 2. interview
    1 written : two papers : 1.aptitude :general maths , average,verbal etc. 40 question in 30 min
                                         2.technical :theoretical questions mostly from :fluid,material sci.,thermodynamics,manufacturing

interview : only one person and asked about my training and project .

Interview Questions
    • aptitude is tough and time consuming . interview was easy   Answer Question

1.technical and apti quiz
    a.technical-50 ques 30 min
    b.apti 30 ques 30 min
    minimum score require to qualify for next round in apti min 20 ques and tecnical 30
    then technical interview it is simple stress on intern and project and basic core subject heat and mass transfer and pumps n all. then hr interview it is also general, general HR ques were asked

Interview Questions
    • technical question were simple in written test, may prepare previous year gate paper, in interview most important topics are distillation, pump, and heat exchanger design.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2012.

I was recruited through campus recruitment. Two initial screening tests were taken - first for mental ability,second for subject evaluation - chemical engineering in my case.On qualifying the tests two rounds of interviews were taken.First round was technical interview where chemical engineering concepts were tested.Those who cleared the first round were sent for second round of HR interview which was very chilled out.Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. were asked.They were basically trying to gauge your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • For technical round - most important topics were fluid mechanics,thermodynamics and heat transfer.Also questions from bachelor project and summer internships were there.

For HR round - Cliched questions like your biggest achievement,strength,weakness etc. What do you know about our company ? Why do you want to work with us?

Answer Question
    As it was a campus recruitment process, there were no negotiations as CTC was already announced.

Field Operations and Panel Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries.

Interview was published in Newspaper
    Test paper which consisted of 150 questions conducted for shortlisting
    Technical interview was conducted by panel of 3 members, all of position Senior GM and above
    Questions focused on basics of Subject
    No negotiation was done on salary as I was a fresher during application

Selected candidates were informed 2-3 weeks before the joining date

Interview Questions
    • Practical questions regarding industrial instrumentation   View Answer
    No negotiation as I was a fresher

Reliance Get Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in November 2014.

Written test
    1. Aptitude -30 questions 30 mins English included.
    2. Technical - 50 questions 30 mins
    Both were multiple choice questions. There was separate technical paper for instrumentation and chemical. R s agrawal is enough for aptitude .

Interview Questions
    • hr based introduce yourself abt ur family etc etc   Answer Question
    • technical questions on P I D controller . for instrumentation students   Answer Question
    • PLC? scada? DCS?   Answer Question
    • how ll u measure the flow of liquid in a pipe n maintain it to d given set point . draw d process diagram.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reliance Industries in November 2014.

the recruitment process initiated with a preplacement talk around 1:30pm followed by written test aptitude ( 25 questions in 30 mins and technical 9 50 questions in 30 mins ). name of students shortlisted for PI the following day were announced. PI was about 20-25 mins . in PI questions were asked from the areas of our interest. there were few HR questions as well. results were declared the same day and selected students were given the offer letter.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in December 2013.

I got selected from campus interview.
    first round was technical consist of 30 question from c,c++ and DS.
    second round was technical interview based on c,c++ ,java ,ds and some algorithm.
    third round was HR round

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries.

1st Round was Written (Apti+Technical) which was followed by an interview. Cutoff was based on the aptitude round. Technical questions were mainly from basic chemical engineering including heat transfer, mass tranfer, and thermodynamics.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to adiabatic expansion and cooling.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reliance Industries in August 2013.

Behavioural interview consisted of questions about education and resume. Later it went onto details about projects and interest in the field. Without having any career plans for future I wouldn't have cleared it.