Remington Arms

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Remington Arms.

Interview Details – Recruiter phone screening, followed by phone interview, then on-site interview. Very little interest in technical abilities.

Interview Question – You don't have relevant skills.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mayodan, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Remington Arms in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and personal interview.

Interview Question – Questions were more about technical and personal relationships.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quite casual

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Elizabethtown, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Remington Arms in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 phone interviews, and then they flew me down to Kentucky for the onsite interview. I had a brief chat with the HR manager before I was taken to a large conference room and met with a lot of managers, directors, and engineers. All of them had been there for many years. We discussed the position at length, and the reality is they were interested in how to make their products more cheaply not really adding value. The position duty was how to take their existing product lines and manufacture them for less money. Not a lot of innovation for their R&D center. I could really see why Remington had lost market share and why for a lot of their civilian products they were resting on their laurels. The interview seemed to be going well. I went on a tour of the facility saw the offices and met with the people. Overall they seemed to have lost the passion for what they were doing. Maybe freedom group had sucked the fun out of designing guns or the extensive testing they did had taken its tolls but not a whole lot of enthusiasm over all except for the HR manager.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really that difficult. Just be prepared to show cost savings or demonstrate design improvement that lead to cost savings.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Madison, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Remington Arms in May 2009.

Interview Details – Standard interview process for middle managment

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation that you had to overcome and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They accepted my counter offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Remington Arms? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Remington Arms interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Remington Arms employees and interview candidates.