Renaissance Capital

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Editor Interview

Research Editor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Renaissance Capital.

Interview Details – Recruiter got in touch. Phone interview. Offer came through a few days later.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Treasury Manager Interview

Treasury Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in February 2009.

Interview Details – 10 rounds of interviews with many people. Not very difficult but exausting. It all took around three months to get an offer. Selection process is pretty slow and requires long conversations with HR people that are very proud of them self and try to show that they are guru in finance :)

Interview Question – How to estimate the correlation for cdo tranche el calc   Answer Question

Equity Research Internship Interview

Equity Research Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Renaissance Capital.

Interview Details – 1 round - HR fit interview, commercial awareness (recent read articles etc)
2nd round - Associate level: some CV, some tech. E.g. what are the drivers of uranium price
Final round - 3 interviews. 2 Fit, one tech - how to calculate FCF of a bank, NPLs, price of oil, gold. What drives gold prices.

Interview Question – How to calculate FCF of a financial institution?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just made me an offer which i accepted

Investment Banking Analyst Intern Interview

Investment Banking Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details – Sent email to MD expressing interest. Received request for resume, transcript and writing sample. After material was sent, received phone call a few days later. Qucik chat with senior analyst. Went well. Asked to come in for in-person interview. Senior analyst came first then MD. MD lasted about an hour-ish. More fit questions rather than technicals. Not too tough. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate

Analyst Metals and Mining Interview

Analyst Metals and Mining
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in June 2010.

Interview Details – Although I have got my interview through my previous director (who is a friend of my current director), it was not guarantee of my employment. In total I had 5 interviews with people from my team. Some of them were interested only in my background but some in more very specific knowledge about the industry.
My advice is to know your CV, know what is going on in the industry (you do not need to know everything and have to know what you are talking about, and have to demonstrate an ability to think logically). And the last advise, you just have to be relaxed and confident.

Interview Question – It was a question regarding BP oil spill in 2010. I was asked to provide all the possible details and amounts of BP’s liabilities (at this point the number of damage was not clear, but different banks suggested different assumptions).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn’t have a chance to negotiate anything. As most of the graduates I wanted to get the job, and at this level you just don’t have any rights to discuss and negotiate your work conditions.

Intern Interview

Intern
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online in April, got a call one month later about the time I'd be available during summer holidays, received an email another month later with an invitation to an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flawless

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Took tests online (verbal, numerical). A month later received invitation to hotel for a full day of interviews. Tests included quickfire (convert currencies, etc.), group work, 1:1. Everyone was great and friendly.

Interview Question – A horse travels half his route, with no load, at 12 mph. The rest of the way a load slows him to 4 mph. What is the average speed?   View Answers (3)

Head of FI Risk Management Interview

Head of FI Risk Management
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Renaissance Capital in June 2008.

Interview Details – A one-to-one discussin first with the head of risk Management, a potential super visor, then similar interviews with potential peers (heads responsible for other lines) and discussion with a potential subordinate. Afterwards an interview with a board member and a head of HR took place as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
  • Specific questions on practical issues relating to FI Risk management that the potential employer had at that time.   Answer Question

Worked for Renaissance Capital? Contribute to the Community!