Renaissance Capital

2.7

Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in June 2010.

The online test and the Super day were fairly easy. Then was the interview with the MD thru Skype, questions were mostly on my academics and work experience. Everything went well, until MD learnt that I was on a maternity leave (and obviously had a kid), then questions turned into more personal space (what is my attitude to long work hours in IB? work-life balance expectations, time-management, etc.). They had shortlisted two candidates for the position, the other was a single male, at the end he got the job.

Research Editor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Renaissance Capital.

Recruiter got in touch. Phone interview. Offer came through a few days later.

Equity Research Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Renaissance Capital.

1 round - HR fit interview, commercial awareness (recent read articles etc)
    2nd round - Associate level: some CV, some tech. E.g. what are the drivers of uranium price
    Final round - 3 interviews. 2 Fit, one tech - how to calculate FCF of a bank, NPLs, price of oil, gold. What drives gold prices.

Personal Assistant Interview

Very quick, 5 interviews, job offer straight away
    Very impressed

Interview Questions
    They just made me an offer which i accepted

Investment Banking Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in December 2010.

Sent email to MD expressing interest. Received request for resume, transcript and writing sample. After material was sent, received phone call a few days later. Qucik chat with senior analyst. Went well. Asked to come in for in-person interview. Senior analyst came first then MD. MD lasted about an hour-ish. More fit questions rather than technicals. Not too tough. Received offer and accepted.

No ability to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in July 2010.

Applied online in April, got a call one month later about the time I'd be available during summer holidays, received an email another month later with an invitation to an interview.

Flawless

Analyst Metals and Mining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in June 2010.

Although I have got my interview through my previous director (who is a friend of my current director), it was not guarantee of my employment. In total I had 5 interviews with people from my team. Some of them were interested only in my background but some in more very specific knowledge about the industry.
    My advice is to know your CV, know what is going on in the industry (you do not need to know everything and have to know what you are talking about, and have to demonstrate an ability to think logically). And the last advise, you just have to be relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question regarding BP oil spill in 2010. I was asked to provide all the possible details and amounts of BP’s liabilities (at this point the number of damage was not clear, but different banks suggested different assumptions).   Answer Question
    I didn’t have a chance to negotiate anything. As most of the graduates I wanted to get the job, and at this level you just don’t have any rights to discuss and negotiate your work conditions.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in April 2010.

Took tests online (verbal, numerical). A month later received invitation to hotel for a full day of interviews. Tests included quickfire (convert currencies, etc.), group work, 1:1. Everyone was great and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • A horse travels half his route, with no load, at 12 mph. The rest of the way a load slows him to 4 mph. What is the average speed?   View Answers (4)

Treasury Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in February 2009.

10 rounds of interviews with many people. Not very difficult but exausting. It all took around three months to get an offer. Selection process is pretty slow and requires long conversations with HR people that are very proud of them self and try to show that they are guru in finance :)

Interview Questions
    • How to estimate the correlation for cdo tranche el calc   Answer Question

Head of FI Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Renaissance Capital in June 2008.

A one-to-one discussin first with the head of risk Management, a potential super visor, then similar interviews with potential peers (heads responsible for other lines) and discussion with a potential subordinate. Afterwards an interview with a board member and a head of HR took place as well.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Specific questions on practical issues relating to FI Risk management that the potential employer had at that time.   Answer Question