Renaissance Technologies LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quant Interview

Quant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Renaissance Technologies LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Ask around 10 probability/CS/math questions

Interview Question – how fast can you find the max in a sorted list of numbers   View Answers (4)

Researcher Interview

Researcher

The process took a day - interviewed at Renaissance Technologies LLC in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the researcher position, got no confirmation email or anything. After a few weeks letters I received a letter stating that I am not fit for any of their position so they are not going proceed further with that.

Interview Question – No question asked   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Software Development

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Renaissance Technologies LLC in January 2008.

Interview Details – I spent the day talking to about eight different people, starting with the most junior and ending with the chief scientist. People were in general quite friendly, were mostly interested in assessing my competence rather than assessing personality types or performance under pressure. Employees were of the type usually found in physics departments... a bunch of quite smart people with a mix of oddball personality traits.

Interview Question – explain the data type specified from an obfusticated C declaration   Answer Question

Worked for Renaissance Technologies LLC? Contribute to the Community!