Renesas Electronics America

3 candidate interviews

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Fairfield, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Renesas Electronics America in April 2010.

Interview Details – the interview took about thirty min and consisted of questions based on experience. The first question asked was what I knew about the company and why I would like the position I was applying for. Leadership and competency type questions as well as a quick skills test was also conducted.

Interview Question – A diagram containing a fuse box, battery, and lightbulb was handed to me and I was told to wire it.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Technician Interview

Process Engineering Technician
Roseville, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Renesas Electronics America in July 2007.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews

Interview Questions

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Renesas Electronics America in March 2007.

Interview Details – There was actually a off campus interview by an engineer from NEC. The interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of a very general test of my semiconductor knowledge, my interests/goals, and some info about the company. Once I passed that, I was called in for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was much longer (about half a day) and consisted of 1:1 interviews with 5 engineers (including a manager) and 1 HR person, consecutively. The interviews with the 5 engineers were about 30-45 minutes long and consisted of knowledge based questions and personal questions to gauge my interest in semiconductors. The knowledge based questions tested very basic electrical engineering and logic concepts. After the interviews, I went out to lunch with 2 entirely different engineers for a more casual type of personality interview. Finally I got a tour of the semiconductor fab and that was the end.

Interview Question – In a pn junction diode with a voltage placed across the junction (pos and neg) which way do the electrons flow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. There was a section to indicate your expected pay range and they offered me within my range, although on the low side. To my knowledge all associates were given the same starting salary. But I'm sure outstanding candidates could negotiate.

Worked for Renesas Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!