Renesas Electronics America

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Renesas Electronics America

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Renesas Electronics America in March 2007.

There was actually a off campus interview by an engineer from NEC. The interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of a very general test of my semiconductor knowledge, my interests/goals, and some info about the company. Once I passed that, I was called in for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was much longer (about half a day) and consisted of 1:1 interviews with 5 engineers (including a manager) and 1 HR person, consecutively. The interviews with the 5 engineers were about 30-45 minutes long and consisted of knowledge based questions and personal questions to gauge my interest in semiconductors. The knowledge based questions tested very basic electrical engineering and logic concepts. After the interviews, I went out to lunch with 2 entirely different engineers for a more casual type of personality interview. Finally I got a tour of the semiconductor fab and that was the end.

Interview Questions
  • In a pn junction diode with a voltage placed across the junction (pos and neg) which way do the electrons flow?   Answer Question
I did not negotiate. There was a section to indicate your expected pay range and they offered me within my range, although on the low side. To my knowledge all associates were given the same starting salary. But I'm sure outstanding candidates could negotiate.