Rent-A-Center Customer Account Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

22 interviews

2.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Account Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Customer Account Representative Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2012.

There were two interviews. One with a branch manager and a second with the district manager. There's an observation required after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Collections. Trying to get people to pay is like trying to shove a square through a round hole.   Answer Question
    Pay starts at 10.25 an hour. Benefits kick in after 90 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2013.

Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Questions
    • How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Helena, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2013.

Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2013.

I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in July 2009.

There was an online questionaire followed by an in-person interview with the store Manager. Questions were basic. Asked how I address a number of social situations relating to work ethic, problems with a coworker, etc. All common sense.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations. The job is as is, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in March 2010.

Interview was good. Required to take a Myers-Brigg type of test. The company does do pre-employment drug evaluations. Over the past few years before applying at RAC I had been through l hardships and felt at ease when manager told me this was a place of 2nd chances

I was pleased with offer

Customer Account Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

District managers may not be straight up with you during the interview process. Ask questions!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the next 5 years?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating the pay, it is a set rate.
    9.75 for 4 months then 10.00. After promotion to Assistant it goes up to 10.50, and then to Lead Assistant is 11.35.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Applied, then HR called me to set up an interview. I met with the store manager.

There wasn't any.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!