Rent-A-Center Customer Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.1

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

If you have a pulse and clean driving record and no felonies you should be able to get hired as they can not keep any one because they dont pay for all the work they demand!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

It is a three step interview process. The initial interview over the phone. The questions were general mostly full-time and if I was able to work Saturdays. The second interview was more in-depth. It was a face to face interview with a Store Manager. They asked scenario questions. The third interview was with the District Manager. It was the same as the second interview. They offered me the job and I accepted. I took this mainly because I wanted to know what the rent to own industry consisted of. The Managers were very polite and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you became friends with a coworker later to find out they were stealing from the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

T

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Long process but worth it they try and get the best people possible.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Questions

• How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Flint, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago Heights, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and completed assessment with a great score.

Met with store manager at two locations

Completes an observation day (No work or pay just observe other representatives)

Accepted offer for employment

Completed week long on boarding and training

Interview Questions

• Give example of a time when you resolved a customers problem.

Give an example when you had to deal with an irate customer

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Helena, MT) in June 2013.

Interview

Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.