Rent-A-Center

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Interview Question – Sell me something.   Answer Question

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. One with a branch manager and a second with the district manager. There's an observation required after the first interview.

Interview Question – Collections. Trying to get people to pay is like trying to shove a square through a round hole.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay starts at 10.25 an hour. Benefits kick in after 90 days.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Question – How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Very Easy Interview

Helena, MT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

Interview Question – If I was a Justin Beiber fan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Easy Interview

Flint, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in July 2009.

Interview Details – There was an online questionaire followed by an in-person interview with the store Manager. Questions were basic. Asked how I address a number of social situations relating to work ethic, problems with a coworker, etc. All common sense.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Strait forward process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. The job is as is, take it or leave it.

Concord, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was good. Required to take a Myers-Brigg type of test. The company does do pre-employment drug evaluations. Over the past few years before applying at RAC I had been through l hardships and felt at ease when manager told me this was a place of 2nd chances

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with offer

Customer Account Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – District managers may not be straight up with you during the interview process. Ask questions!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself within the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating the pay, it is a set rate.
9.75 for 4 months then 10.00. After promotion to Assistant it goes up to 10.50, and then to Lead Assistant is 11.35.

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Applied, then HR called me to set up an interview. I met with the store manager.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any.

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!