Rent-A-Center Customer Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Lansing, MI).

Interview

very personable and friendly, I was welcomed with a very positive response. They paint a very pretty picture when describing your job so be careful when considering a job at Rent-A-Center. If you are young and single then this is the job for you but if you are a family man you might want to reconsider

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

First I went on the Interview with Store Manager. They usually ask you the straight forward interview questions. Then If you pass the first interview, they usually call you back a couple days later to set up an interview with the district manager. He mainly talks about the job and what would be required of you. If you pass that part of the interview, you should be starting the job by the beginning of that following week.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an upset customer that you dealt with? have you ever had to up sell to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Before the interview process can be begin the applicant first need to pass an assessment test and then at a later time have an interview with the store manager, after the interview if the manager like the interviewee, he/she will have to take a drug test and base on the result will depend the start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't much they just gave out their base salary.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

brief, concise, to the point. the DM was at the store and interviewed. He was impressed at my past employers and mentioned something about my degree. He said he was going to call me back the next day to follow up. I called him and he said i should be getting a email. process was fast

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

If you have a pulse and clean driving record and no felonies you should be able to get hired as they can not keep any one because they dont pay for all the work they demand!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

It is a three step interview process. The initial interview over the phone. The questions were general mostly full-time and if I was able to work Saturdays. The second interview was more in-depth. It was a face to face interview with a Store Manager. They asked scenario questions. The third interview was with the District Manager. It was the same as the second interview. They offered me the job and I accepted. I took this mainly because I wanted to know what the rent to own industry consisted of. The Managers were very polite and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you became friends with a coworker later to find out they were stealing from the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

T

Anonymous Employee in Americus, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Americus, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Having a referral is a very good thing you can dress up in a suit but it was not necessary, laid back Ask Many questions and be certain in your answer On the "ride along" find out how good or bad that store is doing and about the head manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here Are you a team player What made you switch careers How is your driving record Do you have the heart but tact to remove a stove out of someones home right before thanksgiving   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him. I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date. Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.