Rent-A-Center

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Question – Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Question – Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was a face to face interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out the application online, received a call about 1 days later. The lady called me in for an interview, the interview went really well. Clint just asked me regular CS related questions. Nothing too difficult, waited about 24 hours received an email to go to a local LAB to take drug test. They did backround check all while I was doing the drug testing. A day later the manager called me to start work. Took about 3-4 days.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer that is upset? How would you overcome certain objectives to customer situations?, Are you comfortable with conducting follow up calls?,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase didnt consist of anything. maybe because I didnt really negotiate. I guess my advice would be to try to negotiate a reasonable starting salary. They started me off at $10.50, in 4 months a .25 raise. Then in 6 months a lead position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rent-A-Center

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees and interview candidates.