Rent-A-Center

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

There was two phone interviews and then a face to face interview.
The process was really quickly and I was very excited about the position and the pay rate.
Once hired the training process was null and void.
You are trained for three days and then thrown to the wolves. You will need to be a self starter!

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience in customer service.
    Status in career or field.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions
    • Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2012.

Filled out the application online, received a call about 1 days later. The lady called me in for an interview, the interview went really well. Clint just asked me regular CS related questions. Nothing too difficult, waited about 24 hours received an email to go to a local LAB to take drug test. They did backround check all while I was doing the drug testing. A day later the manager called me to start work. Took about 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer that is upset? How would you overcome certain objectives to customer situations?, Are you comfortable with conducting follow up calls?,   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase didnt consist of anything. maybe because I didnt really negotiate. I guess my advice would be to try to negotiate a reasonable starting salary. They started me off at $10.50, in 4 months a .25 raise. Then in 6 months a lead position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2011.

Was a face to face interview