Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Murrieta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A woman came up to me nicely and when I asked if I could speak to her hiring manager she immediately had a poor attitude. She took me to see a gentleman that said they weren't hiring but to give me an apu cation. She walked me over to a bedroom set, pulled open a drawer, handed me an application, I sat down and asked if I could have a pen. She shook her head no and smiled, I then asked her of she had a pen to which she shook her head no, and smiled even to though she had a pen in her hand the entire time.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

brief, concise, to the point. the DM was at the store and interviewed. He was impressed at my past employers and mentioned something about my degree. He said he was going to call me back the next day to follow up. I called him and he said i should be getting a email. process was fast

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and roughly a week later had a one on one interview, followed by a interview with the DM. I was offered the job the same day. Overall it was a very easy interview and I had a positive outlook on the company after it.

Interview Questions

• Just overall questions about managerial experience and retail.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Go in talk about job get hired if you a good match you get tje job. If your not you wont get the job. I really dont remember that much. It was a while ago. But it was like any other job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

very swift. 1 day. took drug test . got hired in 3 days'
    had observation day. accepted offer. i was placed a a store close to my home. im very happy

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years.
      why do you want to work here

1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Did a 10 minute interview with the store manager, 5 in his office and then rushed to the store room so he could smoke. He was more interested in that I had previous Security experience rather than sales. Was told starting pay and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• None. Really they just want to know if you can fog a mirror.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None They tell you what they pay and you take it or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

They will tell you a lot of things that just aren't true. They like to think they pay you a lot of money. The time and stress involved is a lot more difficult than they let on. They will interview almost anyone but you have to take a test in order to get in. Most applicants for this company won't be able to reach their higher standards on this test. Same one given at the NFL combine can remember name. Very analytical and it is timed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

If you have a pulse and clean driving record and no felonies you should be able to get hired as they can not keep any one because they dont pay for all the work they demand!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

There was two phone interviews and then a face to face interview.
    The process was really quickly and I was very excited about the position and the pay rate.
    Once hired the training process was null and void.
    You are trained for three days and then thrown to the wolves. You will need to be a self starter!

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in customer service.
      Status in career or field.

Answer Question