Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Go in talk about job get hired if you a good match you get tje job. If your not you wont get the job. I really dont remember that much. It was a while ago. But it was like any other job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

very swift. 1 day. took drug test . got hired in 3 days'
    had observation day. accepted offer. i was placed a a store close to my home. im very happy

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years.
      why do you want to work here

1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Did a 10 minute interview with the store manager, 5 in his office and then rushed to the store room so he could smoke. He was more interested in that I had previous Security experience rather than sales. Was told starting pay and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• None. Really they just want to know if you can fog a mirror.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None They tell you what they pay and you take it or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

They will tell you a lot of things that just aren't true. They like to think they pay you a lot of money. The time and stress involved is a lot more difficult than they let on. They will interview almost anyone but you have to take a test in order to get in. Most applicants for this company won't be able to reach their higher standards on this test. Same one given at the NFL combine can remember name. Very analytical and it is timed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

they ask basic stuff and most questions are based on your ability to how you would be able to handle customer service issues, this job requires pretty much help customers to get the stuff they want, specially customer doesn't have access to loan or credit card. the interview process was not difficult to respond their questions.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

If you have a pulse and clean driving record and no felonies you should be able to get hired as they can not keep any one because they dont pay for all the work they demand!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

There was two phone interviews and then a face to face interview.
    The process was really quickly and I was very excited about the position and the pay rate.
    Once hired the training process was null and void.
    You are trained for three days and then thrown to the wolves. You will need to be a self starter!

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in customer service.
      Status in career or field.

Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by DM within a day of applying had a 10-15 min phone interview. The following day had a face to face interview with a local store manager where was ask basic interview questions like past experience, reason for applying and scenarios with customers. After that was about a few days to clear background and drug test started the position within a week of interview.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

It is a three step interview process. The initial interview over the phone. The questions were general mostly full-time and if I was able to work Saturdays. The second interview was more in-depth. It was a face to face interview with a Store Manager. They asked scenario questions. The third interview was with the District Manager. It was the same as the second interview. They offered me the job and I accepted. I took this mainly because I wanted to know what the rent to own industry consisted of. The Managers were very polite and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you became friends with a coworker later to find out they were stealing from the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

T

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Several calls from district manager luring me in for a face-to-face. False expectations set during interview (e.g. no Sundays, huge bonuses). Face to face with DM, job offered on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None. He set aside the interview guide and chatted about our similarities in past industries.   Answer Question