Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

There was two phone interviews and then a face to face interview.
    The process was really quickly and I was very excited about the position and the pay rate.
    Once hired the training process was null and void.
    You are trained for three days and then thrown to the wolves. You will need to be a self starter!

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience in customer service.
      Status in career or field.
        Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

It is a three step interview process. The initial interview over the phone. The questions were general mostly full-time and if I was able to work Saturdays. The second interview was more in-depth. It was a face to face interview with a Store Manager. They asked scenario questions. The third interview was with the District Manager. It was the same as the second interview. They offered me the job and I accepted. I took this mainly because I wanted to know what the rent to own industry consisted of. The Managers were very polite and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you became friends with a coworker later to find out they were stealing from the company.   Answer Question
    T

Sales Manager Interview

Several calls from district manager luring me in for a face-to-face. False expectations set during interview (e.g. no Sundays, huge bonuses). Face to face with DM, job offered on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None. He set aside the interview guide and chatted about our similarities in past industries.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in July 2014.

Had first interview over the phone. Was very brief and asked about previous job qualifications and what would make me an ideal candidate. 2nd interview was in person with the DM and 2 store managers. Asked me questions about my job history and what I had to offer the company as an employee. 3rd interview was another phone interview with a Regional director over the phone asking many of the same questions and to negotiate salary etc.

Interview Questions

Pay was not what I accepted and the stores were horrendous in my area. I saw a young man pee on the pillar outside the store in broad daylight.

CAR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Takes a long, long time. You may give up or find another BETTER job... You will take a test, you will visit the store. You will stand around for a few hours (UNPAID) and observe to see if you like the job. WOW...

Interview Questions
    • When would you not follow a rule? Answer--never.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They don't care how much education or experience you have. They just don't care......

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager Interview

Interview was simple. When you walk in make sure you show interest in products. Be confident like any job interview. Customer service background is a must. Be polite and show a want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

They invite you for a first interview, and if they like you, they set up a meeting so you can meet the team.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

I went through a temp agency, and they called me the night before the job was available and asked if I could start the next day, so technically I did not interview through the Rent-A-Center company, But I watch people come in for interviews all day and they leave happy

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.