Rent-A-Center

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CAR Interview

CAR

I applied online and interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Takes a long, long time. You may give up or find another BETTER job... You will take a test, you will visit the store. You will stand around for a few hours (UNPAID) and observe to see if you like the job. WOW...

Interview Question – When would you not follow a rule? Answer--never.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They don't care how much education or experience you have. They just don't care......

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager Interview

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Interview was simple. When you walk in make sure you show interest in products. Be confident like any job interview. Customer service background is a must. Be polite and show a want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Des Plaines, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Customer Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went through a temp agency, and they called me the night before the job was available and asked if I could start the next day, so technically I did not interview through the Rent-A-Center company, But I watch people come in for interviews all day and they leave happy

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Underwriting Coordinator
Plano, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – They invite you for a first interview, and if they like you, they set up a meeting so you can meet the team.

Interview Question – There really weren't any   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Customer Account Representative

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Interview Question – Sell me something.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Two step interview process. Regular Interview then observation day

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Hiring process was extended and drawn out. there's a 2-3 tiered interview process if you apply online. First with the recruiter, then the store manger, then the District Manager.

Interview Question – What unique abilities do you bring to the table that would separate you from other candidates.   Answer Question

Rent-a-center Interview

Rent-a-center
Hobbs, NM

I applied online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process can be stretched out very long. Online app, interview, background check, drug test. Then you go in to observe for a couple hours for free to see if you like the job before you're hired.

Interview Question – Do you have a family. (Red flag)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rent-A-Center

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rent-A-Center interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rent-A-Center employees and interview candidates.