Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Lansing, MI).

Interview

very personable and friendly, I was welcomed with a very positive response. They paint a very pretty picture when describing your job so be careful when considering a job at Rent-A-Center. If you are young and single then this is the job for you but if you are a family man you might want to reconsider

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

First I went on the Interview with Store Manager. They usually ask you the straight forward interview questions. Then If you pass the first interview, they usually call you back a couple days later to set up an interview with the district manager. He mainly talks about the job and what would be required of you. If you pass that part of the interview, you should be starting the job by the beginning of that following week.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an upset customer that you dealt with? have you ever had to up sell to a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Before the interview process can be begin the applicant first need to pass an assessment test and then at a later time have an interview with the store manager, after the interview if the manager like the interviewee, he/she will have to take a drug test and base on the result will depend the start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't much they just gave out their base salary.

Sales Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Antioch, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Straight-forward typical questions. Be ready with examples and show that you are willing to work and that you bring something to the table. Remember that you are valuable too, you are not a mere humble beggar. Make it a conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

brief, concise, to the point. the DM was at the store and interviewed. He was impressed at my past employers and mentioned something about my degree. He said he was going to call me back the next day to follow up. I called him and he said i should be getting a email. process was fast

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Jackson, MS) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and roughly a week later had a one on one interview, followed by a interview with the DM. I was offered the job the same day. Overall it was a very easy interview and I had a positive outlook on the company after it.

Interview Questions

• Just overall questions about managerial experience and retail.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Go in talk about job get hired if you a good match you get tje job. If your not you wont get the job. I really dont remember that much. It was a while ago. But it was like any other job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Las Cruces, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

Was in my own store, in front of my district manager and regional manager. Ask me multiple questions. shared with me the expectations and the role I'm applying for. They told me I would have to take test and pass to get the job. I also needed to take a drug screen and have them check my back ground/driving record. Thanked my for my time and told me they will let me know if I got the job or not.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

very swift. 1 day. took drug test . got hired in 3 days' had observation day. accepted offer. i was placed a a store close to my home. im very happy

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years. why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

Did a 10 minute interview with the store manager, 5 in his office and then rushed to the store room so he could smoke. He was more interested in that I had previous Security experience rather than sales. Was told starting pay and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• None. Really they just want to know if you can fog a mirror.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None They tell you what they pay and you take it or leave it.