Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager Interview

Interview was simple. When you walk in make sure you show interest in products. Be confident like any job interview. Customer service background is a must. Be polite and show a want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

They invite you for a first interview, and if they like you, they set up a meeting so you can meet the team.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

I went through a temp agency, and they called me the night before the job was available and asked if I could start the next day, so technically I did not interview through the Rent-A-Center company, But I watch people come in for interviews all day and they leave happy

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

3 interviews. All phone because I the position I was applying for involved relocating. Spoke to a recruiter, than a Regional and then a Higher up. The questions are fairly easy if you have had a lot of experience in customer service. If not, you will have to let them know that you have not experienced it.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Sales Representative Interview

Two step interview process. Regular Interview then observation day

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Hiring process was extended and drawn out. there's a 2-3 tiered interview process if you apply online. First with the recruiter, then the store manger, then the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What unique abilities do you bring to the table that would separate you from other candidates.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Long process but worth it they try and get the best people possible.