Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Savannah, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had first interview over the phone. Was very brief and asked about previous job qualifications and what would make me an ideal candidate. 2nd interview was in person with the DM and 2 store managers. Asked me questions about my job history and what I had to offer the company as an employee. 3rd interview was another phone interview with a Regional director over the phone asking many of the same questions and to negotiate salary etc.

Interview Questions

Pay was not what I accepted and the stores were horrendous in my area. I saw a young man pee on the pillar outside the store in broad daylight.

CAR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Takes a long, long time. You may give up or find another BETTER job... You will take a test, you will visit the store. You will stand around for a few hours (UNPAID) and observe to see if you like the job. WOW...

Interview Questions

• When would you not follow a rule? Answer--never.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They don't care how much education or experience you have. They just don't care......

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was simple. When you walk in make sure you show interest in products. Be confident like any job interview. Customer service background is a must. Be polite and show a want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX).

Interview

They invite you for a first interview, and if they like you, they set up a meeting so you can meet the team.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through a temp agency, and they called me the night before the job was available and asked if I could start the next day, so technically I did not interview through the Rent-A-Center company, But I watch people come in for interviews all day and they leave happy

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. All phone because I the position I was applying for involved relocating. Spoke to a recruiter, than a Regional and then a Higher up. The questions are fairly easy if you have had a lot of experience in customer service. If not, you will have to let them know that you have not experienced it.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Two step interview process. Regular Interview then observation day