Rent-A-Center Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
94 interviews

2.2

Customer Account Representative Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Sales Representative Interview

Two step interview process. Regular Interview then observation day

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Hiring process was extended and drawn out. there's a 2-3 tiered interview process if you apply online. First with the recruiter, then the store manger, then the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What unique abilities do you bring to the table that would separate you from other candidates.   Answer Question

Rent-a-center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hobbs, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobbs, NM

I interviewed online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2012.

Hiring process can be stretched out very long. Online app, interview, background check, drug test. Then you go in to observe for a couple hours for free to see if you like the job before you're hired.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Phone interview which took about an hour. The an interview with the DM which took about an hour and a half and then a 15 minute interview with the DM and Regional Director

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2012.

There were two interviews. One with a branch manager and a second with the district manager. There's an observation required after the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Collections. Trying to get people to pay is like trying to shove a square through a round hole.   Answer Question
    Pay starts at 10.25 an hour. Benefits kick in after 90 days.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2013.

Interview was quick and on-boarding procedures was clearly explained. Questions asked dealt with personal and business inquiries to clearly assess the needs of the company as overtime is mandatory. An unpaid evaluation period is requested, as it shows the type of work that is performed and hopefully understood, but is not clear to those who they expect to understand, as a waiting customer could obviously see.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Rent-A-Center?   View Answer
    The offered wage was not given, but still accepted the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions
    • Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2011.

Applied on line and the RVP called the next day. Set up an interview for the next day.
    I had extensive experience in sales both retail as well as Buisness to buisness . He basically verified that I knew what I was doing and was offered a position that day.

Interview Questions
    • None really I was a sales manager for 15 years prior so all the questions he asked I already knew the answers to.   Answer Question
    None really their salary offer matched my requirement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.