Rent-A-Center

89 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Phone interview which took about an hour. The an interview with the DM which took about an hour and a half and then a 15 minute interview with the DM and Regional Director

Interview Question – Why don't you speak Spanish.   Answer Question

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. One with a branch manager and a second with the district manager. There's an observation required after the first interview.

Interview Question – Collections. Trying to get people to pay is like trying to shove a square through a round hole.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay starts at 10.25 an hour. Benefits kick in after 90 days.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Everett, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was quick and on-boarding procedures was clearly explained. Questions asked dealt with personal and business inquiries to clearly assess the needs of the company as overtime is mandatory. An unpaid evaluation period is requested, as it shows the type of work that is performed and hopefully understood, but is not clear to those who they expect to understand, as a waiting customer could obviously see.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Rent-A-Center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offered wage was not given, but still accepted the position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Columbus, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Question – Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Port Saint Lucie, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line and the RVP called the next day. Set up an interview for the next day.
I had extensive experience in sales both retail as well as Buisness to buisness . He basically verified that I knew what I was doing and was offered a position that day.

Interview Question – None really I was a sales manager for 15 years prior so all the questions he asked I already knew the answers to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None really their salary offer matched my requirement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Question – Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.

VP-Marketing Interview

VP-Marketing

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Met with all senior management - typical interviews - nothing to difficult. Took personality and intelligence tests.

Interview Question – Why Rent-A-Center   View Answer

Negotiation Details – cut and dry

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Question – How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Helena, MT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

Interview Question – If I was a Justin Beiber fan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Lead Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Depending on manager but sometimes the manager is not the person to make the decision but it's the distance managers. You have to know about selling and collections. You have to do both.

Interview Question – Most difficult part is having customers on the right track.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rent-A-Center