Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by DM within a day of applying had a 10-15 min phone interview. The following day had a face to face interview with a local store manager where was ask basic interview questions like past experience, reason for applying and scenarios with customers. After that was about a few days to clear background and drug test started the position within a week of interview.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

It is a three step interview process. The initial interview over the phone. The questions were general mostly full-time and if I was able to work Saturdays. The second interview was more in-depth. It was a face to face interview with a Store Manager. They asked scenario questions. The third interview was with the District Manager. It was the same as the second interview. They offered me the job and I accepted. I took this mainly because I wanted to know what the rent to own industry consisted of. The Managers were very polite and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you became friends with a coworker later to find out they were stealing from the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

T

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Several calls from district manager luring me in for a face-to-face. False expectations set during interview (e.g. no Sundays, huge bonuses). Face to face with DM, job offered on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None. He set aside the interview guide and chatted about our similarities in past industries.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Americus, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Americus, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Having a referral is a very good thing

you can dress up in a suit but it was not necessary, laid back

Ask Many questions and be certain in your answer

On the "ride along" find out how good or bad that store is doing and about the head manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here

Are you a team player

What made you switch careers

How is your driving record

Do you have the heart but tact to remove a stove out of someones home right before thanksgiving

Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Savannah, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had first interview over the phone. Was very brief and asked about previous job qualifications and what would make me an ideal candidate. 2nd interview was in person with the DM and 2 store managers. Asked me questions about my job history and what I had to offer the company as an employee. 3rd interview was another phone interview with a Regional director over the phone asking many of the same questions and to negotiate salary etc.

Interview Questions

Pay was not what I accepted and the stores were horrendous in my area. I saw a young man pee on the pillar outside the store in broad daylight.

CAR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Takes a long, long time. You may give up or find another BETTER job... You will take a test, you will visit the store. You will stand around for a few hours (UNPAID) and observe to see if you like the job. WOW...

Interview Questions

• When would you not follow a rule? Answer--never.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They don't care how much education or experience you have. They just don't care......

Assistant Manager - Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was simple. When you walk in make sure you show interest in products. Be confident like any job interview. Customer service background is a must. Be polite and show a want to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Des Plaines, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call later that day from Rent-A-Center. He didn't ask me questions over the phone, he just gave me a address for the interview. Went to the interview and he only asked me about 3 questions since I was so nervous. He did most of the talking. He was very kool. After the interview, the next day I receive an email saying I got the job! But after thinking about how the schedule is, I turn it down.

Interview Questions

The schedule and hours were a turn off to me. The guy that interview me said there will be sometime when you will have to work retail hours. So if the store opens up at 9am and close to 9pm, then you will have to be there all day and get your hour break. The schedule.... you will have to work Saturday and have every other Sunday off. you days off will be between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through a temp agency, and they called me the night before the job was available and asked if I could start the next day, so technically I did not interview through the Rent-A-Center company, But I watch people come in for interviews all day and they leave happy

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX).

Interview

They invite you for a first interview, and if they like you, they set up a meeting so you can meet the team.