Rent-A-Center

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.2

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

Applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went great and recruiter was very nice. She told me she thought I would be a perfect fit and that she would pass on my information to the hiring manager and he would call me for a face to face. 3 to 4 days passed so I decided to follow up with the recruiter. She gave me the hiring manager's name and number and suggested that I call him.

I reached the hiring manager and we set up a face to face interview. Very casual and relaxed interview. Questions mainly centered around my previous work history. He said I would be offered a position pending a drug test, background check, and job shadowing day. The company requires prospective employees to job shadow for a few hours, unpaid, to get a first hand look at the job duties. At the end of the job shadow, I was given my start date.

Overall, a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, everybody starts at the same rate.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2014.

3 interviews. All phone because I the position I was applying for involved relocating. Spoke to a recruiter, than a Regional and then a Higher up. The questions are fairly easy if you have had a lot of experience in customer service. If not, you will have to let them know that you have not experienced it.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Started with a phone interview. After that came an interview with store manager and then two days later with the district manager. Whole process from applying to getting hired took about a week.

Sales Representative Interview

Two step interview process. Regular Interview then observation day

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Hiring process was extended and drawn out. there's a 2-3 tiered interview process if you apply online. First with the recruiter, then the store manger, then the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What unique abilities do you bring to the table that would separate you from other candidates.   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Long process but worth it they try and get the best people possible.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Phone interview which took about an hour. The an interview with the DM which took about an hour and a half and then a 15 minute interview with the DM and Regional Director

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Made you feel comfortable and at ease. Very good atmosphere and very in tuned to the customers and employees needs. I would recommend to friend

Interview Questions
    • Their were no hard questions. Questions self explanatory.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2014.

Received a call from the Store Manager.The first interview is usually with the District Manager but mine was opposite. After you make it past the first interview, you'll get a second with the Store Manager. If you make it past the second interview, you'll shadow for 4 hours, then do a week of training.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was basic. No hard questions. Be prepared to sell yourself and know about sales and customer service.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the terms of my employment. I thought the pay offer was fair.

VP-Marketing Interview

Met with all senior management - typical interviews - nothing to difficult. Took personality and intelligence tests.

cut and dry