Rent-A-Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Connersville, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in February 2012.

Interview Details – Manager reads off a list outlining the job responsibilities. If your interested you comeback and do a 4 hour shadow period where you watch another associate make calls and take payments

Interview Question – There are not any difficult questions. just tell them you are a people person and you wont mind lifting heavy furniture and the job is yours   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its a flat rate take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Filled out initial application on-line. I was contacted by phone by the District Manager who requested an initial interview the next day. The DM was a very pleasant individual who made me feel extremely comfortable. I was then contacted by the Regional HR Director for an over-the-phone interview which lasted about 15-minutes. A day later, I was contacted by the Regional Director for an interview. All interviews were pleasant and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time when you were asked to do something unethical, immoral or against company policy by a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview, came in was hired on spot needed someone very bad. Asked basic questions, need experience in retail.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions for an experienced retail person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They hired me and base pay for assistant was 10.50/hour.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

Interviewed at Rent-A-Center

Interview Details – Easy interview. If you are good looking you will get hired here.

Interview Question – Tell us why you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I accepted a low paying job because I needed one.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in April 2009.

Interview Details – easy interview but must be very attentive

Interview Question – cant remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations. flat rate

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Spartanburg, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the store manager. We spoke about my previous experiences with former employers. Then he asked me a couple simple question like "How would I deal with a disgruntle customer" etc. Then I was hired

Interview Question – Didn't really have an unexpected question pretty straight foward   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative Interview

Customer Account Representative
Flint, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was a face to face interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with the District Manager for Interview, then meet with the Regional Manager for an interview, stop in for a observation day 2-4 hours, and then you are offered the position if you want to take it.

Interview Question – Why did are you in the market for a job right now? Would your wife be ok with you working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They use a scale to start you off and based upon your Standard Monthly Rental Revenue you are given a certain pay amount. If by working you work your way into a new pay scale then the raise is yours by February.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview Details – Career Fair, not really asked anything. The company is in real need of employees.

Interview Question – Where are you working now....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes....

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rent-A-Center