Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Easy interview. If you are good looking you will get hired here.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I accepted a low paying job because I needed one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2013.

I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Career Fair, not really asked anything. The company is in real need of employees.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

There was only one interview. It was fairly simple and laid back. The staff/management was very helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if i'm a thief and thick is my skin. It sorta shook me as to the type of customers that i would be dealing with but i did well.   Answer Question
    fairly simple. I needed the job

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2013.

they emailed me first so I could set up a phone interview at my most convenient time. He explained to me that they do a background check, if you have any items from them (RAC) you have to return them or pay the full amount due or you wont get hired, you do need a valid drivers licence, and you have to do deliveries depending on it, also you have to do "collections" when needed. they offered me 10.25.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, why do you want to work for RAC? why did you leave your past job? what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

10.25 for pay. but POSSIBLY could get a raise after 4 months of working there.

Store Manager Interview

Background check and drug screening. First interview with store manager then another with district manager. If everything checks out and the interview went well there is an observation day that lasts less than 4hrs then a start day.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time where you found it appropriate to ignore company policy."   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2013.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in August 2013.

Interview Details – Had first interview over the phone. Was very brief and asked about previous job qualifications and what would made me an ideal candidate.
    2nd interview was in person with the VP and dept manager. Asked me questions about my job history and some very technical question regarding the technologies to be used, what I had to offer to the company as an employee. Offer Accepted over the phone and HR had called to negotiate the salary.

Interview Questions
    Easy Negotiations, as they knew what and whom were they hiring

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in July 2013.

Applied online and completed assessment with a great score.

Met with store manager at two locations

Completes an observation day (No work or pay just observe other representatives)

Accepted offer for employment

Completed week long on boarding and training

Interview Questions
    • Give example of a time when you resolved a customers problem.

Give an example when you had to deal with an irate customer

Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helena, MT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2013.

Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

None.

Customer Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

District managers may not be straight up with you during the interview process. Ask questions!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself within the next 5 years?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating the pay, it is a set rate.
    9.75 for 4 months then 10.00. After promotion to Assistant it goes up to 10.50, and then to Lead Assistant is 11.35.