Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager/Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a response in a very short period of time. Was invited to the store advertising for the position to interview with the store manager. Interview was relatively short but fulfilling, informative, and gave me plenty of excitement and hope. Had a second interview scheduled immediately with District Manager. A bit longer, more in depth questions, but high energy and had even more hope and excitement by the time I left. DM told me he had a market review next day, but would call me Thursday. He along with the store manager offered me their business cards and encouraged me to call them. I have not heard back from anyone, despite stopping back in to the store, and contacting the DM multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in Rent A Center   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

VP-Marketing Interview

Interview

Met with all senior management - typical interviews - nothing to difficult. Took personality and intelligence tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

cut and dry

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Depending on manager but sometimes the manager is not the person to make the decision but it's the distance managers. You have to know about selling and collections. You have to do both.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part is having customers on the right track.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Filled out initial application on-line. I was contacted by phone by the District Manager who requested an initial interview the next day. The DM was a very pleasant individual who made me feel extremely comfortable. I was then contacted by the Regional HR Director for an over-the-phone interview which lasted about 15-minutes. A day later, I was contacted by the Regional Director for an interview. All interviews were pleasant and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you were asked to do something unethical, immoral or against company policy by a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, came in was hired on spot needed someone very bad. Asked basic questions, need experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions for an experienced retail person   Answer Question

Negotiation

They hired me and base pay for assistant was 10.50/hour.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Everett, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and on-boarding procedures was clearly explained. Questions asked dealt with personal and business inquiries to clearly assess the needs of the company as overtime is mandatory. An unpaid evaluation period is requested, as it shows the type of work that is performed and hopefully understood, but is not clear to those who they expect to understand, as a waiting customer could obviously see.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rent-A-Center?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered wage was not given, but still accepted the position.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Questions

• How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Easy interview. If you are good looking you will get hired here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted a low paying job because I needed one.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Flint, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Career Fair, not really asked anything. The company is in real need of employees.