Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Filled out initial application on-line. I was contacted by phone by the District Manager who requested an initial interview the next day. The DM was a very pleasant individual who made me feel extremely comfortable. I was then contacted by the Regional HR Director for an over-the-phone interview which lasted about 15-minutes. A day later, I was contacted by the Regional Director for an interview. All interviews were pleasant and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you were asked to do something unethical, immoral or against company policy by a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, came in was hired on spot needed someone very bad. Asked basic questions, need experience in retail.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions for an experienced retail person   Answer Question

Negotiation

They hired me and base pay for assistant was 10.50/hour.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Everett, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and on-boarding procedures was clearly explained. Questions asked dealt with personal and business inquiries to clearly assess the needs of the company as overtime is mandatory. An unpaid evaluation period is requested, as it shows the type of work that is performed and hopefully understood, but is not clear to those who they expect to understand, as a waiting customer could obviously see.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rent-A-Center?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered wage was not given, but still accepted the position.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit.... Long, to say the least. I had originally applied in Oct of 2013. Thought everything was going great- I'd received an email about completing assessments, even got a pre- screening interview from a Recruiter in Texas ( they're supposed to assist in the hiring process and get you employment faster). After that, I stopped hearing from the recruiter. Everyone else just said they'd "contact my recruiter and the recruiter will contact me when something became available in my area. No one called. No one emailed. I'm all about being persistent, so I called every store in my area that had open positions available. I had a couple more interviews, but still no response (not one that I wanted to hear anyways). Finally, because I stayed persistent, determined and strong- willed, many store manager and the DM knew who I was and recognized my determination for the position I had longed for, they gave me a proper interview, then after that I took my drug test and background check and passed, got offered the job and here I am! I will say, sometimes being the aggressor helps. Because if you have a recruiter who is not really into helping you get employment (because I did at first), you have to take action. Especially if you're worth the fight. Make a name for yourself!

Interview Questions

• How helpful are the recruiters in the corporate office?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was happy with the starting pay!

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Easy interview. If you are good looking you will get hired here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted a low paying job because I needed one.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Flint, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by recruiter about an opening at a local store. I applied and pass the assessment test. Two days later i was called by Store Manager and scheduled an interview for the next day. The next day I interviewed with the Store Manager it wasn't too many questions he asked me nor was they hard and then the District Manager walked in and I interviewed with him and he had me role play him about a delinquent account. I blew him out the water!! lol But after that he told me he would email me later on for my drug test papers and they were gonna run a background check. About 3-4 days later I finally received my drug test papers and after that I passed the test and background check and the next day the DM called me to schedule my observation day. The next day after about 4 hours of shadowing I was offered a position by the DM and he said I would need to acquire a chauffeurs license. I ended up getting my chauffeurs license and now I'm an employee of the largest rental company in the nation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't been thru that process just yet but I do believe there really is no negotiations. But i believe you start off at $10.85/hr and then after 90 days to $11.00/hr.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

Career Fair, not really asked anything. The company is in real need of employees.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was only one interview. It was fairly simple and laid back. The staff/management was very helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if i'm a thief and thick is my skin. It sorta shook me as to the type of customers that i would be dealing with but i did well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fairly simple. I needed the job

SALES ASSOCIATE BILINGUAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

they emailed me first so I could set up a phone interview at my most convenient time. He explained to me that they do a background check, if you have any items from them (RAC) you have to return them or pay the full amount due or you wont get hired, you do need a valid drivers licence, and you have to do deliveries depending on it, also you have to do "collections" when needed. they offered me 10.25.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, why do you want to work for RAC? why did you leave your past job? what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

10.25 for pay. but POSSIBLY could get a raise after 4 months of working there.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nesconset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rent-A-Center (Nesconset, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very informal, supervisor had me come down to the store location where their kiosk was internally set up inside a partnered retail store. Had me meet manager and have him show me around and asked me to observe the day to day business in action.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about the work I was previously involved with and what was I currently seeking.   1 Answer