Rent-A-Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Helena, MT) in June 2013.

Interview

Walked in, had one of those awkwardly long handshakes, shot the breeze for a while. Very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

District managers may not be straight up with you during the interview process. Ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating the pay, it is a set rate.
    9.75 for 4 months then 10.00. After promotion to Assistant it goes up to 10.50, and then to Lead Assistant is 11.35.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Interview

Applied, then HR called me to set up an interview. I met with the store manager.

Negotiation

There wasn't any.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center.

Interview

One (desperate) phone interview and one 20 min face-to face interview/

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable. However, it is an extremely easy job to get if you are approachable, charismatic and qualified.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Bowling Green, KY) in March 2013.

Interview

Had phone call first to tell me about the job and then met with district manager for interview. Took forever for paperwork and drug test. info to complete job offer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

it is difficult and confusing

PM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Plano, TX).

Interview

Long (slow) hiring process. It took two months before first interview; then 350 questions personality test. Another three weeks before final decision is informed.

Interview Questions

• Current operation/process does not include project management. Many situation questions evolved around changing/adopting corporate culture.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Russellville, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

Normal questions about situations and what would you do about it. It all depends if the district manager likes you and you can show competence in any situations, and believe me you will encounter very unusual situations in this job. Be honest and remember this is not a career but a job to have.

Interview Questions

• What do you tell your staff if you are not busy?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Kokomo, IN) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with a district manager in a store near where I live, never spoke to anyone in my store I was hired for until several days on the job. The process was quick and easy. I should have taken it as a warning that the DM seems surprised that I was interested in working for the company, since " I seemed highly intelligent and great with people." Interviews typically involve a store manager, which can decide on "fit", but there is n method to their hiring as long as you can pass the assessments.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online via indeed and was contacted by two recruiters within an hour of each other. The first set me up for an interview for an Assistant Manager, the second set me up for an interview as a Store Manager Trainee... both on the same day, at the same time, and in the same building.

I met with the District Manager after she, another District Manager, and a third party were 15 minutes late for the appointment, as they were all having lunch together. The very first thing I noticed when I walked in the store was that the associate working was very unkempt and ungroomed, his pants were not around his waste and his dress shirt was not tucked in. I found out during the interview that he was the Store Manager of that location.

I digress... the interview itself went well, and she was without a doubt the most pleasant person during this entire process. She seemed to like her job and the company, and apparently she liked me as well because she set me up for a second interview with a Store Manager at a different location.

During the second interview, I traveled to another store and met up with a gentleman who said he had been with the company for 13 years and explained his experiences. He asked more situational type questions and this interview lasted a bit longer. He must have also liked what I had to offer, because I was phoned for a third interview... this time at a store 30 minutes away.

I met with another District Manager for the third interview, who said he wouldn't shake my hand because he had a virus. My initial thought was, "Why would you be doing interviews and possibly passing a virus to potential candidates in the first place?" Anyway, he boasted that both people I interviewed with thought that I was a wonderful candidate, and after some basic discussion, he verbally offered the position at $39,000 to start. I felt that considering what the job was, this was a decent starting wage. I told him that would be fine to bring me aboard initially and he said that he would need to contact his boss to contact me, because that is much more than they normally pay the position. We then discussed if there were any stores closer to my house. He explained that the territory surrounding my place was controlled by the first DM that I met with and if I wanted he would contact her with what we talked about and she would fit me into one of her stores. He assured me that I would receive coorespondence that evening.

An entire week went by, and I didn't hear anything. I attempted to call that third store back and was given the runaround by the Store Manager. I called again the next day and the same Store Manager told me that he was told my information was given to the other District Manager and she would call me. Another week went by and nothing. I called the initial recruiter back and she assured me that DM1 was on vacation the previous week and would call me that evening. No call. I called the recruiter back again the next day and she would not return my voicemail.

Overall, this was one of the most disorganized and disfunctional experiences I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Does it bother you that our clientele are generally lower-class people?   Answer Question