Rent-A-Center Manager In Training Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in July 2014.

Had first interview over the phone. Was very brief and asked about previous job qualifications and what would make me an ideal candidate. 2nd interview was in person with the DM and 2 store managers. Asked me questions about my job history and what I had to offer the company as an employee. 3rd interview was another phone interview with a Regional director over the phone asking many of the same questions and to negotiate salary etc.

Interview Questions

Pay was not what I accepted and the stores were horrendous in my area. I saw a young man pee on the pillar outside the store in broad daylight.

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2011.

Meet with the District Manager for Interview, then meet with the Regional Manager for an interview, stop in for a observation day 2-4 hours, and then you are offered the position if you want to take it.

Interview Questions
    • Why did are you in the market for a job right now? Would your wife be ok with you working here?   View Answer
    They use a scale to start you off and based upon your Standard Monthly Rental Revenue you are given a certain pay amount. If by working you work your way into a new pay scale then the raise is yours by February.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2012.

I had to go to a location not far from where I work, which was no problem for the interview. I met with the District Managers of the company, which all were from the area. The interview went well, although only one DM was interested in me. I also had a basic phone interview which I asked what hours I would be working, but I was never given a straight answer. It seemed that I had to work very hard to get the information I needed to know out of them.

Interview Questions
    • None; all questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

The pay was lower than the average that was stated on this website. Also, the salary quoted to me was below what I was making, which didn't coincide with the position or title I was starting at. I never got a direct answer on what hours I would be working, nor what my schedule would be.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2009.

The first contact was via phone for some general questions about resume and skills. Second call is for face to face interview with district manager (about 1 hour). If you pass this you interview with the reginal manager which is at least an hour and about the same questions are asked. If you passed the 3 interview then there is a drug and background test and a observation day at a store and a quick call from the big boss in texas.

Interview Questions
    • whas there a time that a co-workers was doing something against company policy and you observed it ? and what did you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations there is a set pay already established

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2009.

Had to take test for 3 hours. Then had to take drug test. After that wait for Dm to call and interview. then do observation day. then meet with regional mgr.

they didnt negotiate