Rent-A-Center

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in September 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with the District Manager for Interview, then meet with the Regional Manager for an interview, stop in for a observation day 2-4 hours, and then you are offered the position if you want to take it.

Interview Question – Why did are you in the market for a job right now? Would your wife be ok with you working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They use a scale to start you off and based upon your Standard Monthly Rental Revenue you are given a certain pay amount. If by working you work your way into a new pay scale then the raise is yours by February.

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go to a location not far from where I work, which was no problem for the interview. I met with the District Managers of the company, which all were from the area. The interview went well, although only one DM was interested in me. I also had a basic phone interview which I asked what hours I would be working, but I was never given a straight answer. It seemed that I had to work very hard to get the information I needed to know out of them.

Interview Question – None; all questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was lower than the average that was stated on this website. Also, the salary quoted to me was below what I was making, which didn't coincide with the position or title I was starting at. I never got a direct answer on what hours I would be working, nor what my schedule would be.

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2009.

Interview Details – The first contact was via phone for some general questions about resume and skills. Second call is for face to face interview with district manager (about 1 hour). If you pass this you interview with the reginal manager which is at least an hour and about the same questions are asked. If you passed the 3 interview then there is a drug and background test and a observation day at a store and a quick call from the big boss in texas.

Interview Question – whas there a time that a co-workers was doing something against company policy and you observed it ? and what did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations there is a set pay already established

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in November 2009.

Interview Details – Had to take test for 3 hours. Then had to take drug test. After that wait for Dm to call and interview. then do observation day. then meet with regional mgr.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they didnt negotiate

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!