Rent-A-Center Sales Associate Interview Questions

4 Interview Reviews

Interview Experience

Interview Experience

25%
75%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview

100%

Interview Difficulty

1.8
Average

Interview Difficulty

Hard

Average

Easy

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sort: Popular Date Difficulty

1 person found this helpful  

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate
Anonymous Interview Candidate
Application Details

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in March 2012.

Interview Details

I had one interview with the store manager. It was a painless and quick process. He liked my work expierience stated on my application. He asked me a few sales questions, and "what would you do in this situation" type questions

Interview Questions
  • Even though I was nervous for my interview and questions, all of my questions were very simple. I got lucky.   Answer Question
Negotiation Details
I didn't negotiate the pay rate. I was happy with the base pay rate.
Accepted Offer
Positive Experience
Easy Interview

Other Interview Reviews for Rent-A-Center

  1. 1 person found this helpful  

    Sales Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in May 2012.

    Interview Details

    I got an interview within a week of filling out the application. The interview was all about bill collections.

    Interview Questions
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview
  2. 3 people found this helpful  

    Sales Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hialeah, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in March 2012.

    Interview Details

    I applied online and was called for an interview by the district manager about a month after applying online. The district manager called me on a Friday morning asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview that same day in the afternoon. I agreed to come in for an interview on the same day that I received the call but most other companies give applicants several days after calling them to give the applicants time to research the company, free up the day of the interview from their schedule, and get ready for the interview (mock interview, research, brush up resume, etc).

    The location that the interview was conducted in was really nice and clean. The district manager explained how the business works and what the job would consist of which is calling customers on Fridays and Saturdays to make their payments, I need to know English & Spanish but answer the phone in Spanish most of the time because most of the customers that call in the Hialeah area speak Spanish, delivering products to the customers houses in a truck by yourself (furniture, tv's, computers, electronics), he explained that I need to be fully flexible with the work hours, and explained that I would need to work 40 hours + 8 hours of overtime a week, I agreed to everything and said that I wouldnt have any problems with it. The next step was when he printed out the interview questions out of the computer which are the same interview questions that most retail jobs ask like "name a time that you...". The district manager was a pretty friendly person but not very professional, during the interview he let me know what the salary's for assistant store managers, store managers, and district managers were, told me that he never finished his bachelors degree but he got promoted to district manager in the company through work experience, and told me that he was going on vacation next week. The district manager could barely speak English well enough to conduct the interview, he kept on struggling to pronounce words when asking me questions or trying to give examples in English. When the interview was done I asked "Do you have anymore questions for me?" He asked me two more questions after reading the scripted questions the two questions were 1) How old are you? and 2)Why should I pick you over the other candidates? after answering his questions I attempted to close the sale by asking him "Do you see any reason why you wouldnt hire me today?" The district manager said that he needed to conduct another interview tomorrow at 10AM but that there was a 90% chance that I would get hired, and that he would call me around 11AM the next morning to let me know if I got the position so I asked him for his business card so that I could email him a thank you letter for the interview but his business card didnt have his email address on it. The following day I waited for his call since he said that he would be calling me around 11AM but he never did... I checked my email and didnt receive a rejection email either. It looks like the 10% chance that I wouldnt get the job beat the 90% chance that I would get the job. I dont know why he didnt at least call me to let me know that I didnt get the job or send me a rejection email since he said he would contact me by 11AM the following day but I had to admit that this was one of the more unprofessional and laid back interviews that I have ever had. The interviewer should never schedule an interview for the same day as the phone call, ask an applicant how old they are, let them know how much everyone makes, tell the applicants that you never finished your degree, tell the applicant that your going on vacation next week, or tell the applicant that theres a 90% chance that they will get the job and then not call them back when you said you were going to call them.

    Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company and how the company works?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    • Name a time when you defused a situation with an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to coach another co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Easy Interview
  3.  

    Sales Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Anonymous Interview Candidate
    Application Details

    I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Rent-A-Center in January 2012.

    Interview Details

    Applied online, took the personality test and the intelligence test. Was contacted for an interview and never heard back. Called back to find out what happened and was just given the run-around. I think it was just this location that was uncommunicative though.

    Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer that's intimidating to the staff?   Answer Question
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

Worked for Rent-A-Center? Contribute to the Community!

The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.

The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.