RentPath Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RentPath.

Interview

This was the worst interview process I have experienced so far in my life. I applied online and about 2-3 weeks later I get contacted by HR and they send me a test online to test my technology skills about using tablets. I obviously passed since they moved on the next step with very generic questions they wanted me to answer. The HR called and set up a phone interview in the morning. On my interview day and the VERY last minute I get an email about rescheduling the interview next morning. That morning 10 minutes late I get a phone call but couldn't hear anything. I called back the number and there was so answer. I assumed that it must have been poor reception, so I emailed the HR giving them land-line number. I also called the HR office and left her a VM. At the end of the day I get a reply from the HR telling me that they will call me tomorrow afternoon (with np specific time). I waited the next afternoon and there was no phone call. Next day during afternoon I gave up with this unprofessional/disorganized behavior and emailed them that I am no longer interested in the position. This entire process wasted a lot of my time. They expect their Sales Executives to meet quotas and sell, sell. sell. However with the behavior of the HR, this organization was a major red flag for me.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RentPath (Norcross, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by an inside recruiter. She emailed me an assessment and questionnaire that must be completed and passed before the face to face. I was suppose to meet with 2-3 managers but only one conducted the interview. Nice guy. I met one employee whom we shared a past job. I walked passed the cubicles and just kind of felt the noise of the place. After the interview I read some unfavorable things about the role that swayed me in declining the offer.
    They were also planning a big move to Buckhead in July to a very high traffic, few lunch choices and much higher cost of living area. Lenox and Peachtree. I was told the base salary was $45k. No negotiations. And also told from an insider that goals are set too high and rarely met so commissions almost do not happen. Also because you are non exempt they do expect you to clock in and out. Weird.

Interview Questions

Too micromanaged, low salary. Prefer outside sales which the original job description led me to believe this was an inside and outside role. But it is not. No travel.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RentPath.

Interview

Interviewed by immediate manager and then his manager. No outstanding issues during the interview process. We discussed job history, expectations, their strategy and focus and then they made the decision regarding whether to move forward with the next step or not. The interview process was a non-event.

Interview Questions

• Some ridiculous if/or question unrelated to the business, to see if we can be decisive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cut and dry.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at RentPath.

Interview

I sent in my resume through their site. I got a call fairly quickly, I was informed all the way through the process of what the next steps would be and I felt like it went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was precise

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RentPath.

Interview

1 hour Phone screen discussing the needs and my experience in automation, technical code related questions
    Automation take home exam
    and face to face interview with 7 people, it was technical, asked me to build a framework, system level testing.

Interview Questions

• one sql query they asked me to write on the paper was very difficult.   Answer Question

Product Manager Santa Monica Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RentPath (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Prepare to talk about yourself and learn little to nothing about the position or the company. Not a charming vibe or friendly interview. Company is going through a re-org. Great company over all with great products.

Interview Questions

• none it would be nice if someone actually had questions or was pay attention   Answer Question

Apartment Guide Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at RentPath (Norcross, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a smith process where I explained each position I held, my role, and skills acquired. It was a comfortable environment and welcoming even during the interview. They're looking for customer service based people who are motivated, hard working and organized. Do your best and showcase all your skills that for into the customer service arena.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your work experience from oldest to most recent.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RentPath (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was wonderful with HR in Norcross over the phone however, the face to face process wasn't as good. I felt a negative vibe the entire time during the interview. I knew when I walked out the door I was not getting the job because of my age.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what SEO and SEM meant and looked surprised that I did not know. Since I never built a website and this is a Sales position I thought that question was uncalled for.   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RentPath (Norcross, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was very easy, had to reschedule a few times, but was worth passing and getting an actual interview. When it came time for my actual interview it was rescheduled 3 different times and finally on the day of the interview the hiring manager was over 30 minutes late. Was a horrible experience all the way around with very poor communication and yet the interview went very well. No offer, but the other reviews are correct, EXTREMELY poor management skills and took over 4 weeks for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions. Interview went very smooth and well. Was easy.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RentPath.

Interview

They are going off past experiences with past employee encounters. Good or Bad. So not sure how you will be perceived. Most management is Caucasian and lower level staff are not. So the dynamic is what you may reprieve from that. This is a southern based company and they handle things as such.

Interview Questions

• They use a formula called Interview for Success using E.A.R.L for hiring. Google it and find out how this works and you will do great in their interviews. It is a specific set of questions for a specific job sill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

depends on the position