Rentokil Initial

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rentokil Initial.

There were only 2 rounds- Interview with hiring manager, then a final interview with the department director. Each interview was more like a chat, lasting around 2 hours each (!)

Simple and straightforward process, no tests. Did not even fill in application form until I got the offer.

Both interviews were unstructured, some competency based questions and mainly about my achievements, challenges in the past, no trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • None-- every question asked could be anticipated or prepared for from any Linkedin or career advisory website   Answer Question
    There was a small margin to negotiate on pay and benefits. Initially I went through my recruitor, but finally talked to hiring manager myself

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rentokil Initial.

After applying online, I got contacted for a Skype interview. The interviewer was very nice and her questions straight forward. The interview lasted at most half an hour, during which the questions revolved around the company, the job, as well as more personal questions. The overall process was definitely enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about the smaller partners of the Company?   Answer Question

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in May 2013.

Comprised of a Skype conversation and interview to review your CV and asses if you have had any applicable experience. Next step is taking part in online testing, similar to SHL assesments but only 25 mins. Once completing that you are invited to their assessment center (mine was at Gatwick Hilton) for a full day of interview, group cases and testing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you won a couple million in the lottery today after leaving the assessment day?   View Answer

Commercial Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rentokil Initial.

It was ok, but i was promised a lot that wasn't true and stuff that they might, might, offer in one or two years... So kind of dissapointing to say the least

Take it or leave it

IT Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in May 2011.

Interview was organised by a recruitment consultancy. All went according to schedule. I was offered a cup of coffee on arrival. Shown through to a meeting room after being waiting for 10 minutes (I was on time). Talked about the role I had applied for which was a contract Systems Designer role. After 10 minutes with the IT director he proceeded to offer me a permanent position that he thought was more suitable to my skill set and personal skills. This threw me a little. The culture is quite formal and heavily politicised.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions although one question was unusual regarding my ability to cope with difficult team members.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in March 2011.

- Headhunted for role
    - Initial email contact for first interview by PA to Director
    - First interview with hiring manager and experienced consultant (working in same team)
    - Second Interview with General Manager and Director of Function

- Office appeared to be old fashioned and needing renovation (this took place in 2012)
    - Low-key feeling to atmosphere
    - Basic facilities for employees (simple kitchen), No gym, social clubs or societies
    - Approach to interview was relaxed and casual, people amicable

Interview Questions
    • Detailed explanation of phases of project management methodology   Answer Question

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in January 2011.

one on one interview, basic questions about work ethics, honesty, customer relations and previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client asks for more than what the job called for?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in December 2009.

This was an internal position I applied for and initial stage was a one-to -one interview. The next stage was an assessment centre.I was invited to the assessment centre at the end of my one to one meeting. This was purely down to timing.

The assessment centre was conducted by an outside company and there were 3 assessors in total, one was the outside company, one was the manager and the other was the person currently in the role I applied for.

Overall the assessment was as would expect in terms of exercises however, what was unusual was that after the first 4 exercises the unsuccessful candidates were informed and asked to leave. A bit like the X factor.

Not entirely convinced that the overall assessment was based on who scored the highest, from the feedback I received ( which you obviously had to request) I got the distinct inpression that the overall decision was based on very subjective views of candidates.

Having said that, it was a good experience and the feedback has been useful in terms of other positions I have since applied for

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question, more the type of exercises which were very much geared towards a sales manager role   Answer Question
    • Again, I felt 3 out of the 4 exercises were very sales focused and not really relevnat to the role   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rentokil Initial in October 2008.

I did a face to face interview and then a 2nd interview which consisted of a 10 minute presentation followed by more competency based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you have experienced conflict at work and how you have dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with pressure?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate myb basic and got more than what was offered.