Rentrak

Relevance Date Difficulty

Statistical Analyst Interview

Statistical Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Rentrak in July 2013.

Interview Details – applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day or so. the entire process took a month. First phone interview with HR, followed by an analytic test. if you pass, the next step is a phone interview with the hiring manager. Final round is on-site interview with hiring manger, another team lead and a SVP. The interview process was fun. Very intelligent people.

Interview Question – you have to really know your stuff well to ace the technical questions. they tell you the question is open-ended and has no right answer. but i got the feeling that they actually had a specific answer that they were looking for. The interviewer will help you out so make sure you take the hint.   Answer Question

Title Matcher Interview

Title Matcher
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rentrak in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone screening and 2 in person interviews

Interview Question – What is your interest in Rentrak?   Answer Question

Software Developer and Database Administrator Interview

Software Developer and Database Administrator
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rentrak in March 2012.

Interview Details – First contact was by phone and consisted of basic background discussions.

Second round was a skills test and phone interview. The interview portion was about Rentrak and what it was like to work there. I was familiar with the company and did not have many questions about them. The skills test the best poker hand problem that other interviewers have mentioned. This time, there was no VNC. I had 45 minutes to complete the task in the language of my choice. Despite not completing the task in the allotted time, I was called for an in person interview.

Third round was in person. I had enough qualifications that I was interview for two separate positions, software developer and database administrator. The software developer interview consisted of a panel asking my to code on a white board. Problems included fibonacci numbers and SQL queries. The DBA interview was with just one person. and consisted of demonstrating some basic PostgreSQL commands and understanding.

I was contacted by phone in less than a week that they did not have a position for me. I suspect something happened and the positions may have disappeared. Overall, I though the whole process was professional and as expected. I did appreciate the promptness of scheduling interviews and contacting my about the decision.

Interview Questions

• Write code to calculate the nth fibonacci number.   View Answer
  • Show the tables and the query to show all the broccoli sold by store.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Portland, OR

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rentrak in May 2009.

Interview Details – First round was a series of small programming problems with an emphasis on functional programming concepts. Had as much time as I wanted and actually enjoyed the "homework" quite a bit.

Second round was a simple phone screen, discussed what I was studying at school, past work experience, what I was looking for in a job. I got to ask all my questions too.

Third round was a programming test wherein I solved a problem via a VNC session. Unfortunately we couldn't get VNC to work and I had to do it on my own and report back. I believe I had about an hour. The problem involved determining the best poker hand given a selection of cards.

Interview Question – Write a program to determine the best poker hand   View Answer

Worked for Rentrak? Contribute to the Community!