Rentrak Software Developer and Database Administrator Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Developer and Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rentrak in March 2012.

First contact was by phone and consisted of basic background discussions.

Second round was a skills test and phone interview. The interview portion was about Rentrak and what it was like to work there. I was familiar with the company and did not have many questions about them. The skills test the best poker hand problem that other interviewers have mentioned. This time, there was no VNC. I had 45 minutes to complete the task in the language of my choice. Despite not completing the task in the allotted time, I was called for an in person interview.

Third round was in person. I had enough qualifications that I was interview for two separate positions, software developer and database administrator. The software developer interview consisted of a panel asking my to code on a white board. Problems included fibonacci numbers and SQL queries. The DBA interview was with just one person. and consisted of demonstrating some basic PostgreSQL commands and understanding.

I was contacted by phone in less than a week that they did not have a position for me. I suspect something happened and the positions may have disappeared. Overall, I though the whole process was professional and as expected. I did appreciate the promptness of scheduling interviews and contacting my about the decision.

Interview Questions
  • Write code to calculate the nth fibonacci number.   View Answer
  • Show the tables and the query to show all the broccoli sold by store.   View Answer