Republic Airways Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.0

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks.

I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Name a time when you had excellent customer service.
      What do you know about republic airways?

View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways in January 2013.

First of all, you need to apply on line and send in a request for an open house invite. If they feel you meet their qualifications, they will send you a confirmation. At the open house they tell you everything you need to know, reserve, pay, benefits etc. They then take you one on one for individual interviews. The recruiters are extremely nice and really make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Best interview I have had.

After this, if choosed, they will email you an assessment. If you get a reply that you passed the application, interview and assessment portion....you are in!!! Be patient, it may take a few months for you to get into a training class.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me was, what will be the hardest thing for you to do if you were hired by republic for a training class?   View Answer
    BE PATIENT!!!! I interviewed in January and was offered a training spot in march 4.