Republic Airways Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiters went out their way to put interviewees at ease. First, the recruiters break the ice introducing themselves by telling a few jokes and presenting a slideshow about the company. Thereafter, the F2F interviews begin with the interviewees who commuted the farthest; then moving on to interview the local residence of where the interview session is being held. Some recruiters offered "a conditional job offer" on the spot; while recruiters told some interviewees they should hear something via email within 2 weeks. I was given a "conditional job offer" on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you went above and beyond the the "normal" customer experience.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught a co-worker being dishonest/stealing...what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a passenger handed you a dirty diaper?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to start the next training on June 22 and/or June 23, 2015, or I could take the next training, which would begin sometime in July 2015; I chose July.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, emailed them which "information session" I wanted to go to, went to interview and 4 so called recruiters spoke about the company and showed presentation (2 of the 4 were flight attendants), taken back for one on one interviews, I was interviewed by a snobby uptight male flight attendant who worked for Republic Airlines certificate, told us we'd hear something within two weeks, got a TBNT email 2 days later. They should stop being cheap and hire actual recruiters not use bias senior flight attendants and uptight HR people as recruiters!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? Why did you leave your last job(s)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview began with checking in. The next part of the interview included a presentation about the company and more information about the position. The employees were very professional and friendly. After giving those that did not wish to continue leave, they called for f2f interviews. Some individuals were hired that day and some are hired later on. The process was overall easy if u have experience and are genuine with your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks. I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Name a time when you had excellent customer service. What do you know about republic airways?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

First of all, you need to apply on line and send in a request for an open house invite. If they feel you meet their qualifications, they will send you a confirmation. At the open house they tell you everything you need to know, reserve, pay, benefits etc. They then take you one on one for individual interviews. The recruiters are extremely nice and really make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Best interview I have had. After this, if choosed, they will email you an assessment. If you get a reply that you passed the application, interview and assessment portion....you are in!!! Be patient, it may take a few months for you to get into a training class.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question for me was, what will be the hardest thing for you to do if you were hired by republic for a training class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

BE PATIENT!!!! I interviewed in January and was offered a training spot in march 4.