Republic Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.4

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview was very relaxed. You check in. They give you a presentation about what life as FA at what Republic is like. You then get interviewed two/three at a time one-one with a FA or HR rep. My interviewer was awesome. I was nervous up until I met with there. The recruiters aren't out to get you it's the trainers haha...but really! If you make it though the interview you get an assessment. Pass the assessment and get a CJO.

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interviewed on 02/03, received a "congratulations" email the next day. 02/05 got a phone call offering a spot for the 02/24 training for three weeks in Indianapolis for shuttle America.

The interview process was fairly easy. you have to apply online, then RSVP to any of the open house events available.

P.S.

Candidates that applied January 2015 will get a different "congratulation" email. The new congratulation email no longer have the personality assessment test. Instead, It will just say;

"Congratulations ! You have successfully completed the interview portion of the Republic Airways Flight Attendant hiring process and we are interested in moving forward in the process!
    We are currently working on verifying your employment history. If we have questions we will reach out to you. Once complete, we will contact you via phone to discuss training class dates."

Then the next day, a 317 area code number will call you to offer a spot for you in training and that you will receive the everything you needed via email within the following week. You have to review and follow the guidelines that are listed on there. There will be a test on the very first day so prepare yourself ! They will also ask you about your passport and its expiration date, and which city you'll be flying out from. Everything is taken care of so you don't really need to worry about a place to stay and transportation. Just study the packet they give you.

Interview Questions
    • 1) why did you quit your previous job?
      2) tell me about a time when a co-worker was being unfair or unprofessional?
      3) tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected them?
      4) tell me about a time you contributed ideas to your previous job?
      5) what do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?

Answer Question
    • At the end, it is always a good idea to ask questions to the recruiter.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Republic Airways.

I hurd about a recruitment event in my city two days before the event and immediately applied and RSVPed. We had a presentation on everything the job intells with friendly and professional recruiters, there was about 50 people applying. Then the 3 recruits each came in and called people (I waited almost till everyone had gone since I was a local). we had a f2f, the lady that interviewed me was extremely nice and put me at ease. They asked a few common questions, why did you want to be an FA? How did you find out about republic? Why did you leave you previous jobs? They said it would take 2 weeks to find out, I got an email 2 days later telling me that I am hired and that I need to allow for my backgrounf check. that I will be contacted once this has cleared w dates of the trainning. I am very excited to start my dream career!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What was one experience with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

interviewed at Republic Airways in February 2015.

I saw the posting online at 5am 2/2/2015 and immediately loaded and completed the application. I emailed the HR/Hiring dept farecruiting@rjet.com The system says to wait 48 hours for an invitation, but the open house is in Nashville on 2/4/2015 with an arrival time of 8:30 am.

I send a second email today, 2/3/2015 at 10:28 am to see if I would get some sort of reply and I still did not.

I know that I am qualified as I was just flown out for a f2f with Delta Airlines on 1/29/2015 and was a former Flight Attendant at ages 20-22 back in 2001 so I was expecting to receive an invitation.

I also posted my interest on twitter to the hiring crew over the account.

I am curious if making the drive with a printed screenshot of the completed application and email RSVP will suffice at getting in the door or if I will be turned away.

If they are at capacity, a simple TBNT or "attend another open house" email would suffice.

Interview Questions
    • Looking for an invite to justify the 225 mile drive to Nashville. HR hasn't replied to request for open house invite   View Answers (2)

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways.

Completed online application 12/19 and sent email requesting specific open interview location. There was a very informative overview with the opportunity to ask questions for the first hour. Then 5-6 people were called back at once. Two recruiters and each takes you back for the F2F that had about 5 questions…What brought you to Republic? What do you like/dislike about working in a group environment? What would you do over in life if you had the chance? Tell me about a good/bad customer service experience. Then you read a prompt out loud. Interview was pretty easy and quite short. Recruiters were very friendly and professional. Republic is hiring 1000 FAs in 2015 so get going!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks.

I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Name a time when you had excellent customer service.
      What do you know about republic airways?

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

Went to the hotel, it was about 25 people altogether. They did a presentation then left the room an called us back 3 at a time but there were only 2 recruiters. When you got in the f2f they first asked you why you left all your previous jobs then asked you the "name a time when" questions and why you want to be a flight attendant. Then they ask you to read an announcement and then you leave. They say they'll contact you in two weeks but everybody else up here is saying two days. I haven't heard anything so it's not looking too good especially with training coming up after Christmas. Fingers crossed and prayers up though.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you caught a coworker being dishonest/stealing..what did you do ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

Please come dressed professionally. A nice business suit will do. The recruiters are very informative and nice. Interview was short and to the point. I got an email the very next day.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

Information Session was held in Nashville, TN, and was attended by approximately 20 applicants. A company and position overview was provided by two Republic representatives. The overall tone of the session was pretty relaxed. Applicants were called for individual interviews based on distance traveled and/or if flying back that day. Overall, there weren't really any surprises in the interview -- situational questions regarding customer service, working with dishonest/unfair coworker, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, I just had forgotten that I might be asked to read a pre-flight announcement.   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in November 2014.

Went to an invitation only interview in Indianapolis,In. Very smooth process they introduce theirselves and the interviewees followed suit. They give about a 45 minute presentation and after that we began the f2f interviews. My group consisted of about 25 people. The setting is very laid back just go in and be yourselves. The recruiters are friendly and straight forward so they do not sugar coat anything.