Republic Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.4

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Well the interview process was very easy, the recruiter ( who was very snobby arrogant and rude) interviewed me. First the recruiters introduce themselves( their are three) do a presentation explaining the company, afterwards you can ask questions and then they set up for the f2f interview. They want a ten year but be prepared if you are a job hopper to be asked why you left every job

Interview Questions

• If you and another flight attendant had to serve two beverages services, during flight and the other flight attendant refused to serve what would you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I got an email saying I was invited to go to an intereview. At the interview they showed a presentation and then took us back 1 at a time to question us

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. You check in. They give you a presentation about what life as FA at what Republic is like. You then get interviewed two/three at a time one-one with a FA or HR rep. My interviewer was awesome. I was nervous up until I met with there. The recruiters aren't out to get you it's the trainers haha...but really! If you make it though the interview you get an assessment. Pass the assessment and get a CJO.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Interviewed on 02/03, received a "congratulations" email the next day. 02/05 got a phone call offering a spot for the 02/24 training for three weeks in Indianapolis for shuttle America.

The interview process was fairly easy. you have to apply online, then RSVP to any of the open house events available.

P.S.

Candidates that applied January 2015 will get a different "congratulation" email. The new congratulation email no longer have the personality assessment test. Instead, It will just say;

"Congratulations ! You have successfully completed the interview portion of the Republic Airways Flight Attendant hiring process and we are interested in moving forward in the process!
    We are currently working on verifying your employment history. If we have questions we will reach out to you. Once complete, we will contact you via phone to discuss training class dates."

Then the next day, a 317 area code number will call you to offer a spot for you in training and that you will receive the everything you needed via email within the following week. You have to review and follow the guidelines that are listed on there. There will be a test on the very first day so prepare yourself ! They will also ask you about your passport and its expiration date, and which city you'll be flying out from. Everything is taken care of so you don't really need to worry about a place to stay and transportation. Just study the packet they give you.

Interview Questions

• 1) why did you quit your previous job?
      2) tell me about a time when a co-worker was being unfair or unprofessional?
      3) tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected them?
      4) tell me about a time you contributed ideas to your previous job?
      5) what do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?

Answer Question
    • At the end, it is always a good idea to ask questions to the recruiter.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

I hurd about a recruitment event in my city two days before the event and immediately applied and RSVPed. We had a presentation on everything the job intells with friendly and professional recruiters, there was about 50 people applying. Then the 3 recruits each came in and called people (I waited almost till everyone had gone since I was a local). we had a f2f, the lady that interviewed me was extremely nice and put me at ease. They asked a few common questions, why did you want to be an FA? How did you find out about republic? Why did you leave you previous jobs? They said it would take 2 weeks to find out, I got an email 2 days later telling me that I am hired and that I need to allow for my backgrounf check. that I will be contacted once this has cleared w dates of the trainning. I am very excited to start my dream career!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What was one experience with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

interviewed at Republic Airways in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting online at 5am 2/2/2015 and immediately loaded and completed the application. I emailed the HR/Hiring dept farecruiting@rjet.com The system says to wait 48 hours for an invitation, but the open house is in Nashville on 2/4/2015 with an arrival time of 8:30 am.

I send a second email today, 2/3/2015 at 10:28 am to see if I would get some sort of reply and I still did not.

I know that I am qualified as I was just flown out for a f2f with Delta Airlines on 1/29/2015 and was a former Flight Attendant at ages 20-22 back in 2001 so I was expecting to receive an invitation.

I also posted my interest on twitter to the hiring crew over the account.

I am curious if making the drive with a printed screenshot of the completed application and email RSVP will suffice at getting in the door or if I will be turned away.

If they are at capacity, a simple TBNT or "attend another open house" email would suffice.

Interview Questions

• Looking for an invite to justify the 225 mile drive to Nashville. HR hasn't replied to request for open house invite   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Such a great experience! Recruiters were warm and friendly; even though Qs were asked, interview more conversational and not as rigid as other airline interviews. Alao love company profile - while lots of other regional airlines are struggling, Republic continues to grow and flourish because of really smart business planning and a future strategic plan in place, tons of feeder flying, gorgeous aircraft! If anyone is looking for an awesome, solid, growing regional (second largest in world) airlines for which to work, apply to Republic (now hiring!)

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond the "normal" customer experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once conditional job offer (CJO) is given, required background check happens. Best advice is to be patient for training dates call! Republic has training classes every month so when one of those finished, there is typically a flurry of calls for next sessions...

Drug testing and fingerprinting takes place at start of training.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

You are invited to their open house and a company overview is submitted. You are then interviewed based on the distance you
    travel so you may be there a long time. The interviewers were very professional and the process was easy

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Completed online application 12/19 and sent email requesting specific open interview location. There was a very informative overview with the opportunity to ask questions for the first hour. Then 5-6 people were called back at once. Two recruiters and each takes you back for the F2F that had about 5 questions…What brought you to Republic? What do you like/dislike about working in a group environment? What would you do over in life if you had the chance? Tell me about a good/bad customer service experience. Then you read a prompt out loud. Interview was pretty easy and quite short. Recruiters were very friendly and professional. Republic is hiring 1000 FAs in 2015 so get going!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks.

I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Name a time when you had excellent customer service.
      What do you know about republic airways?

1 Answer