Republic Airways Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.4

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Republic Airways in May 2015.

Interview

Basically what everyone else has said. Fill out the application and attend the group interview. Much better than mainline interviews, a lot more relaxed not stressful. After a presentation they bring you back for one on one interviews. For some people, they send you home and email within a few days that you were successful and invited to training. In my group, there were 3 of us that were pulled aside discretely and invited to training. We went into a separate room where the HR rep came in and gave us our CJO and did some paperwork regarding our passport, and told when we would start training, and to lookout for another email from HR with a study packet and more information that we need to have reviewed prior to training.

Interview Questions

• If a passenger in 4A is snoring loudly and bothering other passengers, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Republic Airways

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview

Everything what very relaxed, not uptight or stuffy. There was maybe about 10 of us for the information session. And following a brief background on the company and job title they went into interviews. They followed the interview right off the papers they ask you to bring and fill out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They're was about 60 people interviewing that day 6/23/15 & about 15 were dress professional ... Everyone else looked horrible ... They start u off with company overview & then jump right into the round 1 Interview (3 questions & reading a announcement) & then u wait outside & try to mingle with everyone .... People starting getting cut & that's how u know if you made it to the second round which was 8 more in depth questions ... I got a CJO email 2days later .... Now waiting to be called for the training dates Tips DRESS PROFESSIONAL,SMILE, RESEARCH ABOUT THE COMPANY & QUESTIONS THEY MAY ASKED .... If u dnt get the job .... Keep trying !! =)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Atmosphere was less pressure than any other f2f I've had. They bill it as an information session mainly but you know you are there for an interview. They did over view of company, benefits, what to expect, training and took many questions. The presentation lasted way longer than it needed to be but it was very informative nonetheless. There were only 5 staff members there which was rather shocking. They looked like regular 9-5 HR people and not airline staff. The did not mix and mingle, so basically you spoke with those you are competing for a job with. From what I can tell each location has a different process of interviewing candidates and at this particular location I guess we got the least involved or courteous recruiters because they were going through candidates so swiftly. They called individuals in to read an announcement and ask about job history and any gaps between employment. Typical questions like why did you leave this job,etc. I was asked only one question because I have worked at my present job for several years I suppose, they noticed my education and really didn't have any questions for me other than that. They were very dry and I did my best to fill that silence with dialogue but you can tell when these recruiters are not interested. From the door they know who they want. And it could be that I was one of the last people to arrive that didn't go in my favor, it could of been the way I styled my hair or my high level of education. Sad thing is you never really know. Just be sure to be on your A game at all times. Leave whatever outside pressures you have at the door and do your best to sell yourself. For some of you it will be your day and for others it won't. It honestly depends on how the recruiters feel as a whole and nothing really to do with you, especially when you get as far as a F2F. I just particularly feel that when you don't ask questions to see what type of person I am, or how I handle conflict, then you are clearly judging me based off of something else that for all purposes should be unethical. By the way, this is what they did will all candidates, reviewed their resumes and then kept who they wanted for later. So there were no qualifying questions asked before I was dismissed.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

We all met in one room. They gave a brief presentation about the airline. Then each person was taken back for a quick interview. Then some were called back for a secondary more in-depth interview

Interview Questions

• Asked to read an announcement Asked about the items on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Republic Airways (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The New York session was about 40 people if even that. The atmosphere was relax, the recruiters were cheerful and full of information. Once you signed in you we're called by the farthest you've travel to the interview. The recruiters looked over your resume asked a couple questions and let you know you would be contacted via email within seven days

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant ? Why do you want to leave your current employer ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Arrived at the interview site in Pittsburgh. There were 23 of us at the session. There were 3 very knowledgeable recruiters who first collected our resumes & then showed us a very short film. Then they each talked about the details of the job & gave anyone who was no longer interested a chance to leave before the one on one interviews. The one on one was very brief, maybe 10-15 minutes tops. I was asked if I could stay for a second interview which was actually my CJO. I accepted the offer, scheduled for training, & gave info for my flight arrangements. The interview session was very relaxed & great. Please dress the part. About 3 or 4 people were not dressed at all for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a passenger complained to you that the person next to him was snoring too loudly & it was bothering him?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiters went out their way to put interviewees at ease. First, the recruiters break the ice introducing themselves by telling a few jokes and presenting a slideshow about the company. Thereafter, the F2F interviews begin with the interviewees who commuted the farthest; then moving on to interview the local residence of where the interview session is being held. Some recruiters offered "a conditional job offer" on the spot; while recruiters told some interviewees they should hear something via email within 2 weeks. I was given a "conditional job offer" on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you went above and beyond the the "normal" customer experience.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you caught a co-worker being dishonest/stealing...what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a passenger handed you a dirty diaper?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered to start the next training on June 22 and/or June 23, 2015, or I could take the next training, which would begin sometime in July 2015; I chose July.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Republic Airways in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I received an email invitation to the next information session/interview. There was about 16 candidates. They showed a brief presentation and then conducted one and one interview. It was very relaxed and a pre flight announcement has to be read out loud. I got an offer on the spot and was told I would receive an email from HR about the training. I would say Ive never felt so relaxed and calm in any interview before. The recruiters were very pleasant and they kept it real.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Republic Airways (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, emailed them which "information session" I wanted to go to, went to interview and 4 so called recruiters spoke about the company and showed presentation (2 of the 4 were flight attendants), taken back for one on one interviews, I was interviewed by a snobby uptight male flight attendant who worked for Republic Airlines certificate, told us we'd hear something within two weeks, got a TBNT email 2 days later. They should stop being cheap and hire actual recruiters not use bias senior flight attendants and uptight HR people as recruiters!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer? Why did you leave your last job(s)?   Answer Question