Republic Airways

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Republic Airways in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Received an email within a week with open house dates. I went to the open house. They give a company overview. You participate in an ice-breaker exercise. Then one on one interviews. At that time, they tell you they will call you after a background check has been done if you make the cut. They called me the next day after expediting my background check! I happened to be lucky! Good luck!

Interview Question – They ask the normal customer service questions. Tell about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is set in stone and discussed before the interview.

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Republic Airways in June 2014.

Interview Details – First off if you have tattoos from the neck up or elbow to fingertips walk away now. Secondly any leg tattoos or foot wear dark colored stockings. Interview was session was fairly easy. We all were invited into the session at 8:30 am doors closed promptly at 9am. Sat through a couple of videos and company overview presentation. Then we were dismissed back into the lobby to fill out paperwork and were called 4 at a time to be interviewed. (there were 4 representatives from the company so the interviews were one on one, but you are all in the same room just in different corners being interviewed.) Interviews went by the distance traveled (if you flew you went first and if you live in the area they call you by the amount of travel time). Fairly simple basic customer service questions.

Interview Question – Who is my role model for compassion?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Republic Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on 03/20/14, received an invite 03/25/14. On 03/27/14 received message I successfully completed interview portion and that an assessment would be forthcoming. Latert that day received assessment and completed that evening. Waiting to see if a training date will be offered.

Interview Question – Standard questions in relation to customer service, etc. Asked why I wanted to be a flight attendant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Waiting to hear from Republic. No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Republic Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Next day received offer to attend interview. Went to the interview 2 weeks later on a Wednesday. Received the survey to take online Thursday the next morning. By 3pm Friday I received a call with a job offer. Accepted. Training starts in April 2014.
Very laid back interview process. Everyone who worked for Republic Airways was very professional & knowledgeable. I have previous Flight Attendant experience & from my opinion, Republic is going to be a great company to work for. I can't wait to get started.
It's very important to not have any visible tattoos or piercings.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. General interview questions.   Answer Question

Alexandria, VA

I interviewed at Republic Airways in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't too much of a cattle call. The vibe in the room was very good and there was a lot of positive energy. We had to introduce ourselves and look at the presentation. The same as everyone else's open house. Except we had f2f interviews unlike mainline carriers (although Emirates did have super quick 1-on-1 interviews). I got the assessment. Completed it and now waiting for the next process.

Interview Question – Name a role model   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Republic Airways in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was asked to a interview where I met with three interview reps. There was only 15 people at the event........... They said I did great and was told to wait up to a year to receive a response. I received a response requesting an online
Personality assessment and I completed it last week. I was told once you get to this point you have a great chance. So I'm waiting for the next step.

Interview Question – Just asked basic interview questions. Why do you want to be an attendant. The person who interviewed me was very nice.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Republic Airways in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview session opened at 8:30
watched company video
Q & Q
Introduced ourselves
filled out paperwork
1 on 1 interview
told I would hear something in the next 6 weeks

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had really good customer service   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a day I received an email inviting me to an information session. I interviewed in Raleigh/Durham. At the interview they go over a powerpoint of the company and the position including pay, benefits, training, base locations, etc. After that they ask you to fill out a packet for your five year job history and from there they do one on one interviews. The lady i interviewed with was very nice. If your interview is successful they send you an assessment to take. I got an email the next day saying my interview was successful and to take the assessment. Oddly I received an email four days later asking me to take the assessment again. I emailed HR and asked if this was normal and they said sometimes based on the score they will ask you to take it again. So I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. There were no yes or no questions, it was just a personality test. So now I am waiting to see if that part was successful? Did anybody else get asked to take the assessment twice?

Interview Question – The interview questions were fairly simple: 1. Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer 2. What would be the most challenging part about being a flight attendant 3. Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Still waiting on final offer

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Republic Airways in November 2012.

Interview Details – Was simple, easy and basic. Like that the face to face interview is the same day as the Open House, no call back necessary

Interview Question – If I would be interested in being a Flight Attendant Instructor. Just was TOTALLY unexpected.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Republic Airways in March 2013.

Interview Details – Republic airlines is desperate to have bodies on there planes. Recruiters and interviewers will tell you anything to get you to sign up. It would be better to go into the Army.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. If you can walk and talk,you're in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Interview process very unprofessional

Worked for Republic Airways? Contribute to the Community!