Republic Airways

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.4

Flight Attendant Interview Interview

[This is really long]

-Applied online and e-mailed application at the beginning of December for an Open House in January. Received reply e-mail with selected Open House date a day later. This e-mail also contained 3-4 attachments describing everything about Republic Airways. All of this information can be found online. Fill out the packet they give you! You must be willing to relocate! FAA drug test happens the first week of training. Subject to random drug/ alcohol tests thereafter.

-Each Open House is different. The one I attended had about 30-40 people. Be on time. You give your resume and say how far you flew/drove. If you are close by, be prepared to stay until the end (with 30-40 people, it started at 8:30, I was out by 1:00pm with 7 people waiting to interview after me). After everyone is seated, they play a big screen video describing Republic Airways. When it's over they tell everyone to mingle. The vocal presentation begins a bit later. The speaker reiterates everything in the video and talks about typical flight attendant schedules and what it's like to be on reserve. If you can think of a question, ask it. Make it brief and to the point. They make an announcement about not having VISIBLE tattoos and multiple piercings. If you do, they will not let you interview. The interviewers call people back in twos and threes. Try not to leave the room. One or two people left and were not back in time when the interviewer called their names. They moved on.
    -When they call you back SMILE: Typical questions* How did you hear about Republic* Why do you want to be a flight Attendant* Why did you leave one of your previous jobs* Name a time when... there were several of them* The steps you would take to relocate to your new base * Which airline do you want to work for- Republic or Shuttle America. They tell you you'll hear something within the next 2 weeks. Two days later, I received a congratulations e-mail saying I passed the interview portion, they're doing a background check and they would call with training dates when it was complete. Applicants prior to December have received personality assessments. Not sure if their policies have changed, but newer applicants have not been receiving them. *This process can vary with each applicant. It has taken some people 2 days while others didn't hear back for a month. Do not get discouraged.
    -Pay for just starting out is meager at best. No negotiation- around $17-$18/ flight hour (meaning when the door closes and the plane pulls off until the door opens again- you do not get paid to smile to passengers as they board, help Grams find a wheelchair with her oxygen tank, or help little Johnny and 70 other people put their suitcases in the overhead bin).Per diem is around $1.80 (paid every hour away from base- airport). For training, if you are not from the Indianapolis area, you get paid per diem on top of the $7.25hr in class rate (Indiana minimum wage). You are guaranteed 75 flight hours pay/ month after training (whether you fly them or not), so there is some cushion. You pretty much work half a month (between various days), so it's possible to get a part-time job. A lot of negative reviews have been centered around pay, but if you know ahead of time, then there's no need for negativity in that respect.
    -There are blogs, forums (Indeed has 556 pages since 88 months ago), Facebook, YouTube and numerous websites that you can read up on to find out information on Republic and being a flight attendant in general. You must be willing to relocate!!! Also, there are methods of getting to your base. You can commute or you can get a crashpad.
    -Just to reiterate: Read everything you can about being a flight attendant so the questions you need or have to ask are minimal. If this is something you're committed to doing then be committed. Don't go into this (excuse me) blind. Family life/ relationships/ hanging out with your friends/ being home for the Holidays is hard, but not impossible. When you start off, you will be on reserve (like being on-call). YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE AIRLINE until you have worked long enough that you can create your own schedule.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Until you pass training and graduate, you are not a flight attendant. Think of it as a REALLY LONG 3.5 week (paid) interview. Training happens every month, so just sit back, get on with your life and wait to be called.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways.

Interviewed on 02/03, received a "congratulations" email the next day. 02/05 got a phone call offering a spot for the 02/24 training for three weeks in Indianapolis for shuttle America.

The interview process was fairly easy. you have to apply online, then RSVP to any of the open house events available.

P.S.

Candidates that applied January 2015 will get a different "congratulation" email. The new congratulation email no longer have the personality assessment test. Instead, It will just say;

"Congratulations ! You have successfully completed the interview portion of the Republic Airways Flight Attendant hiring process and we are interested in moving forward in the process!
    We are currently working on verifying your employment history. If we have questions we will reach out to you. Once complete, we will contact you via phone to discuss training class dates."

Then the next day, a 317 area code number will call you to offer a spot for you in training and that you will receive the everything you needed via email within the following week. You have to review and follow the guidelines that are listed on there. There will be a test on the very first day so prepare yourself ! They will also ask you about your passport and its expiration date, and which city you'll be flying out from. Everything is taken care of so you don't really need to worry about a place to stay and transportation. Just study the packet they give you.

Interview Questions
    • 1) why did you quit your previous job?
      2) tell me about a time when a co-worker was being unfair or unprofessional?
      3) tell me about a time you made a mistake and corrected them?
      4) tell me about a time you contributed ideas to your previous job?
      5) what do you think would be the most challenging job of being a flight attendant?

Answer Question
    • At the end, it is always a good idea to ask questions to the recruiter.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Republic Airways.

I hurd about a recruitment event in my city two days before the event and immediately applied and RSVPed. We had a presentation on everything the job intells with friendly and professional recruiters, there was about 50 people applying. Then the 3 recruits each came in and called people (I waited almost till everyone had gone since I was a local). we had a f2f, the lady that interviewed me was extremely nice and put me at ease. They asked a few common questions, why did you want to be an FA? How did you find out about republic? Why did you leave you previous jobs? They said it would take 2 weeks to find out, I got an email 2 days later telling me that I am hired and that I need to allow for my backgrounf check. that I will be contacted once this has cleared w dates of the trainning. I am very excited to start my dream career!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What was one experience with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

interviewed at Republic Airways in February 2015.

I saw the posting online at 5am 2/2/2015 and immediately loaded and completed the application. I emailed the HR/Hiring dept farecruiting@rjet.com The system says to wait 48 hours for an invitation, but the open house is in Nashville on 2/4/2015 with an arrival time of 8:30 am.

I send a second email today, 2/3/2015 at 10:28 am to see if I would get some sort of reply and I still did not.

I know that I am qualified as I was just flown out for a f2f with Delta Airlines on 1/29/2015 and was a former Flight Attendant at ages 20-22 back in 2001 so I was expecting to receive an invitation.

I also posted my interest on twitter to the hiring crew over the account.

I am curious if making the drive with a printed screenshot of the completed application and email RSVP will suffice at getting in the door or if I will be turned away.

If they are at capacity, a simple TBNT or "attend another open house" email would suffice.

Interview Questions
    • Looking for an invite to justify the 225 mile drive to Nashville. HR hasn't replied to request for open house invite   View Answers (2)

Republic Airline Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways.

I applied online maybe a month ago, and got a email to come to a open interview session. They sent me a information packet, and some question and answers, some knowledge about benefits. The interviewers were very nice, and informative. They called us back 6 at a time. I figure because the interview room was on the other side of the building, My interview went fast, and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I could really be myself. I enjoyed talking to the interviewer. But, I had to read a boarding accounnment, which I don't think very well. I stumble over some words. But that is okay, I will keep trying.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways.

Completed online application 12/19 and sent email requesting specific open interview location. There was a very informative overview with the opportunity to ask questions for the first hour. Then 5-6 people were called back at once. Two recruiters and each takes you back for the F2F that had about 5 questions…What brought you to Republic? What do you like/dislike about working in a group environment? What would you do over in life if you had the chance? Tell me about a good/bad customer service experience. Then you read a prompt out loud. Interview was pretty easy and quite short. Recruiters were very friendly and professional. Republic is hiring 1000 FAs in 2015 so get going!

Crew Scheduler Interview

Fill out application and wait for a call. When called for interview, schedule as soon as you can. The interview will be with a person from HR along with a scheduling manager. They ask you questions about your past, and about how you handle stress and pressure. Be ready to ask the manager questions. Feels free to ask all about what the job is like and what being a scheduler really means.

Interview Questions
    • What is a scenario where you had to handle stress in a past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

Went to the hotel, it was about 25 people altogether. They did a presentation then left the room an called us back 3 at a time but there were only 2 recruiters. When you got in the f2f they first asked you why you left all your previous jobs then asked you the "name a time when" questions and why you want to be a flight attendant. Then they ask you to read an announcement and then you leave. They say they'll contact you in two weeks but everybody else up here is saying two days. I haven't heard anything so it's not looking too good especially with training coming up after Christmas. Fingers crossed and prayers up though.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you caught a coworker being dishonest/stealing..what did you do ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

I was on their website and saw that they were having an information session Dec. 30th In Chicago. So I the rsvp'd to the email given on the website to get the location details. There were about 40-50 ppl waiting to go into the rooms. Once we sat down there were about 5-6 ppl representing republic and presenting the information. We learned the rate of pay and the different branches of republic... By the end of the presentation you are told you must choose if you want to do republic or chataqua. Then we sat in the presentation room while the 5-6 ppl would call us one by one for individual interviews. They asked basic questions. Major things they want to hear is how you love customer service and how important safety is, so make sure you stress both of those into your answers.Then they asked which branch of the airlines did you want to work for. Finally they asked you to read a preflight announcement. I would suggest practice reading random articles out loud so you sound natural when they listen to you. Once that is done they give you a chance to ask them any questions. Finally they say you should hear from us with in the next couple of weeks.

I received and email January 2nd informing me that I made it to the next step and they are currently checking my background and verifying employment. They said the total process could take up to 6 weeks so I'm assuming that's because the training dates aren't till late February.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      Name a time when you had excellent customer service.
      What do you know about republic airways?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Republic Airways in December 2014.

Please come dressed professionally. A nice business suit will do. The recruiters are very informative and nice. Interview was short and to the point. I got an email the very next day.